advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Anyone's Ear just ever suddenly go clogged?

GoneForever

Banned
So, I woke up this morninging and my left ear was completely clogged. Really odd. Kinda like the feeling when you get water in it, but there was no swishing, just felt really backed up. Im not getting any dizziness or nausea, its just annoying. I put some homeopathic ear drops in and they didnt help. I tried everything. its my left ear. Seems like when I layed on my left side for a while with my left ear on the pillow it got worse, and got a bit better when I did the complete opposite. Its been about 3hrs now since i've been up and its not getting better. The one thing that helped for a second was when I leaned my head to the left and held my finger in my ear thight, then pulled it out really quick. That relieved it for about 5seconds and then it comes back. Ive had this happen before but it only lasted like 2min's or so and usually came unclogged but this is a long time and i gotta go into work. I dont wanna go to urgent care yet until I see what happens b/c this doesnt seem serious but still. Anyone know any better drops I should try putting in, or anything to take?

I've had this happen before. I woke up one morning and it was so bad I couldn't hear out of my right ear. I was a little freaked out, so I went to the doctor. He said not to worry that it was ear wax buildup. He cleaned it out. I asked how that could happen when I keep my ears clean, and he said sometime it just does. That was a several years ago, and it hasn't happened again since.

YES!

I HAVE IT RIGHT NOW.

It happens more often to people whe frequently clean their ears more than those who don't. The q-tips jam the wax back into the ear. I am leary of having someone get in there deeply. The drops didn't do shit for me and don't bother with ear candles either. THAT REALLY DIDN'T WORK! lol.

I guess Sassy is right. You and I are probably going to have to face the music and have someone with a light get in there [and hopefully not damage the ear] and clean it out. :mad:

Use a solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide (OTC) and a little warm water. Put it in the clogged ear and let it remain for several minutes. Rinse gently with warm water. You may have to do this a couple times but it will remove wax.
I done this many times.

The ear cleaning solution worked for me but it took about 3 or 4 times for it to loosen the crap and then it came out in gross chunks. The doctor I went to initially said she could clean it but it would be less dangerous for me to do it first. She also said the problem was cleaning me ears with que tips and pushing wax into my ear.

BTW a guy from my office just went in and had it done at the doctors this morning and already feels much better.

my girl used to be a med assistant and used to clean dirty ears all the time. she hated it. lol I've actually had her clean mine twice. I hate feeling deaf. She used the drops and plunger thing. I had it so bad i had to leave the drops in for a few hours and have her rinse it for like 30-45 min. ears feels good and loud when she got all the crap out.:)

Weird, I have never heard of that happening before. I just assumed you body would always push that crap out. :D

WildBB

Oh, another thing. I believe my dad always used to use mineral oil in clogged ears. It always worked for him, it took the wax right out. just a couple drops.

So, I woke up this morninging and my left ear was completely clogged. Really odd. Kinda like the feeling when you get water in it, but there was no swishing, just felt really backed up. Im not getting any dizziness or nausea, its just annoying. I put some homeopathic ear drops in and they didnt help. I tried everything. its my left ear. Seems like when I layed on my left side for a while with my left ear on the pillow it got worse, and got a bit better when I did the complete opposite. Its been about 3hrs now since i've been up and its not getting better. The one thing that helped for a second was when I leaned my head to the left and held my finger in my ear thight, then pulled it out really quick. That relieved it for about 5seconds and then it comes back. Ive had this happen before but it only lasted like 2min's or so and usually came unclogged but this is a long time and i gotta go into work. I dont wanna go to urgent care yet until I see what happens b/c this doesnt seem serious but still. Anyone know any better drops I should try putting in, or anything to take?

most likely wax build up. get a 5-10ml syringe,,,mix a bowl of warm water light solution of peroxide.,,rinse ear until unclogged.

Had the same thing a long time ago...Went to the Dr. and he just had to pull built up wax out with a tiny speacial hook/loop like tool. It hurt pretty bad at one point from the suction or what ever but I felt SO much better after.

I'll try it.

Thanks for the information.

most likely wax build up. get a 5-10ml syringe,,,mix a bowl of warm water light solution of peroxide.,,rinse ear until unclogged.

Thats what my doctor did. Squirted a warm peroxide solution into ear 3-4times and wax was gone. Took only a few minutes.

When i went to the dr. they started with peroxide then used a little loop type thing to get it out but man when that thing touched my ear drum the pressure in my head was unreal

Thanks guys. I dont think its an infection b/c it doesnt hurt. You know how if you plug your nose and blow your ears get that weird feeling until you unpop them. Well my right ear stays that way all damn day. I bought some earwax removal aid which has carbamide peroxide 6.5% non USP....ear wax removal aid. did it once today and it didnt do shit. Gonna do it again tonight. Says to only use 2x per day. Is this just as good as the 3% benzo warm water mix?

yeah man i had the same thing happen a while back... woke up one day and couldnt hear shit out of my right ear (i later realized i was sleeping on the right side of my head and must have smashed the wax in my ear drum). Anyways, it was a Sunday night and I couldnt take it any longer so I went to urgent care. 300$ later I had about 4 huge chunks of wax removed from both ears and I could hear again. That hook tool they use sucks, he pushed it so far in my ear it started making me cough uncontrolably.:mad:

Anyways, in my case the peroxide didnt work and they had to use brute force to get it out. :D

Careful bro, I had the same thing happen last December.
Wife made me go to the urgent care, and was diagnosed with ear infection and fluid in the ear.
I couldn't get rid of it after 3 different courses of antibiotics, and corticosteroids.
Finally had to have surgery in both ears to drain the fluid (it had turned into a glue -like consistency after 8 weeks) and they put ear tubes in.
Lost some hearing in my left ear, which was the bad ear.
Go get checked if it doesn't clear up with the ear drops.

ear candles

are the best way to get rid of wax. Go to a health store and buy a couple, I do this once a year. They costs about $3.50 each,they are about 9 " long and are 1/2" in diameter and taper down to fit in your ear. Light opposite end on fire and lay head level, as it burns the smoke goes down into the ear and melts the wax and draws it out into the candle.Let it burn as close to your ear as possible[usually about 2.5"]. When you are finished there will be about 2" of ear wax in the candle.The one thats stopped up may have more. I lay on a bed and have a mirror that I look in while doing it. You can cut it open and see how much wax was removed. You wont believe how much will be in the candle. This being your first time you will be removing wax that has been in there for years. No doctor or solution can clean the wax as good as the candles. If this doesn't work then I would go to the doc. Sinuses can cause the problem also.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity