over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T - Forbes 400 Just In.

I think what I am getting at and what BBJ is getting at is that the money from these very few, say just the top 10, we would be better off if the funds were circulating in society than just held by them. Or do you guys really think that one person holding 53 billion helps out society more?

LOL, not to mention that we're just pipe dreaming because nothing will ever change when it comes to that... :rolleyes:

jawbreakerkid said:
I know Bill Gates, I have mind control over him, if you're proposition made sense, I could make it happen. :cool:

I have met him a few times as a matter of fact. Nice guy, and you would never think that he was that powerful up close and personal. He also is not the best speaker because he seems to be a little bashful and timid (sometimes a little choked up actually). He's just amazingly smart, sly, and kiniving in business. Steve Ballmer seems to be the real up front speaker, but again, personally I don't find him as smart as Bill.

Kaiser said:
The point is to create a surge. In the end the smart ones will end up with the money again in a few years and they of course will invest it in time. I think that since the mortgage boom, there is so much money invested, that there needs to be more money on the street for small businesses to grow. Right now it seems like the ratio of David versus Goliath has too much of a spread. People are either "rich" or they are "struggling" (not even mentioning the poor). We need less of both of them and more of the society to be just "comfortable". But thats just my opinion.

I will agree with that. There is a reason these guys have so much money, but the increasing extremes in society is not healthly. My personal opinion... our education system is falling short. That is, unless of course you come from the upper class and can afford the best private schools and universities. Its a self perpetuating cycle. The world economy is changing fast. There are a lot of people getting left in the dust.

thebrick said:
I will agree with that. There is a reason these guys have so much money, but the increasing extremes in society is not healthly. My personal opinion... our education system is falling short. That is, unless of course you come from the upper class and can afford the best private schools and universities. Its a self perpetuating cycle. The world economy is changing fast. There are a lot of people getting left in the dust.

Good point, not to mention how fugged up our health insurance system is.

lacrima_mortis said:
I think more than anything, that's an indication of the declining value of the USD.

Well, it's probably a little of both the decline in value of USD (which is also evident by other current events) and the "rich get richer" theory. But the decline in value is definitely showing.

I would like to be a billionaire,,,,Any of you guys want to help me out with this, and I would be more then aqppreciative......;) :p

lacrima_mortis said:
I think more than anything, that's an indication of the declining value of the USD.

Yes it is. And that is because of so much of our wealth is not real. Its borrowed money, which brings us to the trade deficit...our money leaving the US to the benefit other nations

kawasaki1 said:
I would like to be a billionaire,,,,Any of you guys want to help me out with this, and I would be more then aqppreciative......;) :p
I'll team up with ya...I have a lot of drive and ambition....just need a jump start on the $$ and I will not be stopped...I know, I have to win the lotto... but for real I have an idea that relates to our over all goal(in the game) if you want to PM me K1...

Tyrone said:
I'll team up with ya...I have a lot of drive and ambition....just need a jump start on the $$ and I will not be stopped...I know, I have to win the lotto... but for real I have an idea that relates to our over all goal(in the game) if you want to PM me K1...
Definately have to give you a shout bro..........

kawasaki1 said:
Definately have to give you a shout bro..........
Well, hit me up and I'll put my girl to work LOL...might want to hit me up on alinboard:)

Tyrone said:
Well, hit me up and I'll put my girl to work LOL...might want to hit me up on alinboard:)
No problem bro.........

Kaiser said:
I think what I am getting at and what BBJ is getting at is that the money from these very few, say just the top 10, we would be better off if the funds were circulating in society than just held by them. Or do you guys really think that one person holding 53 billion helps out society more?

Your talking about redistributing wealth Kaiser. I haven't really thought about this since my finance and economics days. I'm sure there is someone who was an economics major on here. Let me sort of think about it and see if I can offer anythign worthwhile. This is real wishwashy but....
Ok. Most of Gate's wealth comes from his ownership of Microsoft stock. So let's further break that down. He and a lot of others own shares of that stock. These stock certificates are issued by Microsoft onto the Nasdaq at a certain price that an investor wants to pay based on what they think about the company. The better they feel about the company, the more they are willing to pay or purchase off of someone else in the secondary market. Ok. Microsoft gets to record on their books the amount the stock is worth. They can then borrow against these shares or issue more shares back out in the market if they need to(not sure if they've issued everything or not?). Of course, they also make a profit off of items they sell and for their services. What I'm sort of getting at here, is that his wealth, for the most part, is tied up in something that others(through their trading) have inflated over time. Its not so much tied up in fixed assets, though he does have a few sweet ass houses, but most of its tied up in stock that the market has set a price on. His wealth could be cut in half tomorrow if everyone flipped out and dumped their shares(ie. tech bubble). Now let's say tomorrow he wants to sell all of his stock and all of his assets and give it to 53000 people. Well, first you have to get over the hurdle that investors will not pay him the current market value of the stock. He will flood the market with his stock which will work the price of microsoft down. But if he were able to, and the broker somehow got all the cash together to put it in his account, we'd end up with all the buyers who are without 53 billion dollars in cash. They have exchanged it for paper. If he gives this 53000 poor people the cash, then they may go out and buy houses, cars, groceries, appliances, fancy boats, build cool tennis courts in their backyards, bowling lanes in their basements, and maybe even pay for some cool hookers. hahaha. Anyway, this will further help the economy b/c they are spending money. Now some of it may be going to the Chinese, and so that is something else to think about Domestic vs. foreign spending for goods.
The cash just gets redistributed and shifted around. The trouble is that 53000 people is still a small amount.
Buffet is much the same way. His wealth is all tied up in his stock of his company.
The ideal thing to do is invest all of his $53 billion in businesses that help society. Sort of like Paul Newman did. That's what I'd do anyway. ha.
Very interesting topic, but probably should take place over at discussworldissues.com. Sorry Big A.

littlemack said:
Your talking about redistributing wealth Kaiser. I haven't really thought about this since my finance and economics days. I'm sure there is someone who was an economics major on here. Let me sort of think about it and see if I can offer anythign worthwhile. This is real wishwashy but....
Ok. Most of Gate's wealth comes from his ownership of Microsoft stock. So let's further break that down. He and a lot of others own shares of that stock. These stock certificates are issued by Microsoft onto the Nasdaq at a certain price that an investor wants to pay based on what they think about the company. The better they feel about the company, the more they are willing to pay or purchase off of someone else in the secondary market. Ok. Microsoft gets to record on their books the amount the stock is worth. They can then borrow against these shares or issue more shares back out in the market if they need to(not sure if they've issued everything or not?). Of course, they also make a profit off of items they sell and for their services. What I'm sort of getting at here, is that his wealth, for the most part, is tied up in something that others(through their trading) have inflated over time. Its not so much tied up in fixed assets, though he does have a few sweet ass houses, but most of its tied up in stock that the market has set a price on. His wealth could be cut in half tomorrow if everyone flipped out and dumped their shares(ie. tech bubble). Now let's say tomorrow he wants to sell all of his stock and all of his assets and give it to 53000 people. Well, first you have to get over the hurdle that investors will not pay him the current market value of the stock. He will flood the market with his stock which will work the price of microsoft down. But if he were able to, and the broker somehow got all the cash together to put it in his account, we'd end up with all the buyers who are without 53 billion dollars in cash. They have exchanged it for paper. If he gives this 53000 poor people the cash, then they may go out and buy houses, cars, groceries, appliances, fancy boats, build cool tennis courts in their backyards, bowling lanes in their basements, and maybe even pay for some cool hookers. hahaha. Anyway, this will further help the economy b/c they are spending money. Now some of it may be going to the Chinese, and so that is something else to think about Domestic vs. foreign spending for goods.
The cash just gets redistributed and shifted around. The trouble is that 53000 people is still a small amount.
Buffet is much the same way. His wealth is all tied up in his stock of his company.
The ideal thing to do is invest all of his $53 billion in businesses that help society. Sort of like Paul Newman did. That's what I'd do anyway. ha.
Very interesting topic, but probably should take place over at discussworldissues.com. Sorry Big A.

Sure, I understand that, and sounds perfectly reasonable as the whole balance and complexity of the finance of a country is a very hard thing to assimilate. I think BBJ was just stating something simple and hypothetical, not something that would ever come to fruition because of obvious holes in the process.

thebrick said:
Yes it is. And that is because of so much of our wealth is not real. Its borrowed money, which brings us to the trade deficit...our money leaving the US to the benefit other nations

Its not really borrowed money, but your right its tied up in things that we believe to have a certain value. Stocks, CD's, real estate, personal businesses, 401k's, etc..Very small amount is in cash(less than 10% for most people), and that 10% is generally in a bank that has loaned your money out to others. ha.
The bottom line though, wealth depends on the personal value that people place on things. The same with currency. People believe a $10 bill to be worth $10. Actually, the gov't says its worth $10 dollars so we are expected to believe it. hahahahaha
Geez. Don't ever let me get in one of these discussions again. My brain hurts.
I'm not even going to go into the trade deficit thing which is just another redistribution of wealth to a foreign country. We are helping other countries become wealthy and passing on our beliefs and values of things to others.

Kaiser said:
Sure, I understand that, and sounds perfectly reasonable as the whole balance and complexity of the finance of a country is a very hard thing to assimilate. I think BBJ was just stating something simple and hypothetical, not something that would ever come to fruition because of obvious holes in the process.

Ha. Boy did I go overboard then! hahahahaha

Short answer. Yes. BBJ is correct. Redistribute the wealth and people will buy good and services that further stimulate the economy. Unless, Bill Gates wants to help the prostitution industry. ahhahahahhahahaha

littlemack said:
Ha. Boy did I go overboard then!

Na, I dont think so. I think you have a good insight of whats going on and you feel passionate about what you know. Thats a good thing Kenny.

Kenny? hahahhahhahhahahahaha

I know you understand K, but not everyone on here understands and so I was just sort of explaining how things work. hahahaha

I don't want everyone going out and trying to pass off their $10 bills for Hundreds now! ahhahahhahaha

Or helping out the prostitutes to try and stimulate the economy! ahahahahahaha

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311