over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off Topic: A question for the Euro guys

DOGGCRAPP

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
I've always wondered this....

When most people see a high end euro sports car here in the united states (i.e. Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc etc etc) it usually makes you stop and stare....with a "wow that thing is awesome"

Now i wonder...do you guys in Europe when you see a high end U.S. based sports car in Europe like a Ford GT or even a done up Dodge Viper or a tricked out Corvette....do you have the same reaction as we do?

massive no

Been in London all my life (30 yrs),

absolutely nuts about cars, attend motor shows religeously.

the answer to your question is a massive NO

The Ford GT might have made a tiny dent on account that it was owned by the hugely popular motoring journalist Jeremy Clarkson. But it is very rear to see one

come to think about it

The only other american cars to make a WOW impact for a millsecond was..... drumroll.......

1. Lincoln navigator and escalade. This was due to rap video marketing.
but then between the 2000 range rover, range rover sport, bmw X5, porsche cayenne, revised merc ml (the first edition was shit) then the audi Q5. the lincoln range popularity faded really quickly

its ironic. the worlds 3 strongest nations USA, china and russia are not repected for their motors

in london, supercars that turn heads

masarati range espiecally the 2008 masarati GT. Even though they are known for being unreliable........ boy are they pretty

lambourghni gallardo (of my friends have called it the worst carthey have ever driven) and mercliago (wrong spelling)

porsche 911 turdo, carrera gt

mercedes slr, cl, sl (clk and slk are middle class version)

the whole ferrari range.

audi r8. another

bmw x6

jaguar xk8, xkr, xjs, xj6

whole of the bentley range most popular by far being 2004 continental and 4 door flying spur which probably makes up 80 percent of the bentleys on the road.

whole rolls royce range

the big daddy of them all.......

Bugatti veyron. i have seen it 3 times. Alot smaller than u would think. seeing it take off will bring tears to your eyes. it was like bolt racing oprah

Over here, any appreciation towards US cars is directed towards the old muscle cars. Modern stuff doesn't get much look, unless maybe a viper. Too many replica GT40's around, for the real ones to turn heads.

It's all euro all the way.

Kind of interesting( not about supercars ), my girlfriend has an Indian friend. Over in India they look at the big American SUVs as prestigious. Over there the normal cars are Mercedes and beamers. The American vehicles cost more due to importation, just like the Mercedes and beamers cost more here for the same reason.

I've always wondered this....

When most people see a high end euro sports car here in the united states (i.e. Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc etc etc) it usually makes you stop and stare....with a "wow that thing is awesome"

Now i wonder...do you guys in Europe when you see a high end U.S. based sports car in Europe like a Ford GT or even a done up Dodge Viper or a tricked out Corvette....do you have the same reaction as we do?

Did you get this thread thought from a thread over on the IronTrybe board?

**broken link removed**

:cool::p

BMJ

Over here, any appreciation towards US cars is directed towards the old muscle cars. Modern stuff doesn't get much look, unless maybe a viper. Too many replica GT40's around, for the real ones to turn heads.

AAAHHH yes, nothing like the old 1970 Plymouth Cuda 426 hemi
2 off set four barrel carbs stock 425 hp.........

Did you get this thread thought from a thread over on the IronTrybe board?

**broken link removed**

:cool::p

BMJ

No i dont read that board....I was just looking thru the san diego auto expo website and started thinking about this topic

Thats because we have not put out anything worth looking at in the past few years. I'm American and the only American cars I'm interested in are the older muscle cars..other then that its all Euro..thats all I have owned and all I will ever own. I am very happy with my audi's/v-dubs and BMW's!

Big A..from what I can remember you own a few nice rides yourself! Do you still have them? If dont mind shareing ..what do you currently have?

As far as american sports cars, the corvette ZR1 is still a world performer. It outperforms cars with higher price. The latest issue of Car and Driver, Feb 2010, it scores the fastest lap time of any car at the Grand West Course of Virginia International Raceway. It outperforms these great cars: Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4SV, Audi R8. The Lambo cost $458k and the R8 171K. The vette was 119k.
Even though it runs faster on the track though, I would much rather take either the R8 or the Lamb anyday. The corvette to me is just plain boring and the interior as they describe is "low rent". For those seeking pure performance though and not worried about how sexy a car is, the vette is the best bang for the buck. It finished the track in 2 seconds faster than the lamb, and about 8 seconds faster than the R8. Comparing the ZR1's time to the time of the R8 is like comparing the time of the R8 to that of the Audi TTs.
I personally drive a new Audi a6 4.2, my 2nd audi, and must admit I am hooked on the german cars myself.

How on earth do bodybuilders fit into supercars ? Surely they are too wide for most sport seats ?

To make a short answer to your question, DC... NO.

In Paris rich areas for instance, A LOT of Italian sports car, MANY high cost German: Porsche, Mercedes (S500), Audi or BMW; quite a few Brit: Rolls Royce, Jaguar... but if I've seen 2 or 3 Corvette in the last 5 years, that's the most.

More and more Hummer though... no mountains in Paris, but people love their 4x4... :rolleyes: lol... Land Rover, Range Rover, Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5... you name it.

here in germany people look usually not adoring but more with jealousy at good things.
cars like corvette were used a lot by pimps and people like that. therefore us cars have not a good reputation here.
my father had all the camaros and i haa a corvette some years ago. fantastic cars.now i have a audi a5,also very good of course.

Most American cars, even the 'supercars', are known as driving boats over here. Too large, sluggish, bad in handling and technologically inferior.

Now I have to say the old musclecars have their charm, that is for revving up while standing still though. Wouldnt want to actually drive one fast around a track lol

As far as american sports cars, the corvette ZR1 is still a world performer. It outperforms cars with higher price. The latest issue of Car and Driver, Feb 2010, it scores the fastest lap time of any car at the Grand West Course of Virginia International Raceway. It outperforms these great cars: Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4SV, Audi R8. The Lambo cost $458k and the R8 171K. The vette was 119k.
Even though it runs faster on the track though, I would much rather take either the R8 or the Lamb anyday. The corvette to me is just plain boring and the interior as they describe is "low rent". For those seeking pure performance though and not worried about how sexy a car is, the vette is the best bang for the buck. It finished the track in 2 seconds faster than the lamb, and about 8 seconds faster than the R8. Comparing the ZR1's time to the time of the R8 is like comparing the time of the R8 to that of the Audi TTs.
I personally drive a new Audi a6 4.2, my 2nd audi, and must admit I am hooked on the german cars myself.

The ZR1 would indeed be the exception to the rule. Must have been secretly built in europe :D

I had a feeling you'd chime in here;)

To make a short answer to your question, DC... NO.

In Paris rich areas for instance, A LOT of Italian sports car, MANY high cost German: Porsche, Mercedes (S500), Audi or BMW; quite a few Brit: Rolls Royce, Jaguar... but if I've seen 2 or 3 Corvette in the last 5 years, that's the most.

More and more Hummer though... no mountains in Paris, but people love their 4x4... :rolleyes: lol... Land Rover, Range Rover, Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5... you name it.

I thought everyone over there owned a 'smart car' or a 'vespa':D:p

Big A..from what I can remember you own a few nice rides yourself! Do you still have them? If dont mind shareing ..what do you currently have?

Lotus Esprit, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and I just bought recently a genuine Lotus LeMans racer which should have its full restoration finished next week. Those are my toys.
Bentley Continental GT as daily driver.

Watch how many more hating posts about me will hit various boards now!

we don't see too much cars from U.S.A. where in Europe because they "drink" too much fuel :D

we usually prefer cars from Europe or Japan

How on earth do bodybuilders fit into supercars ? Surely they are too wide for most sport seats ?

Most supercars are over 6' wide and only two seats. Bodybuilders can fit no problem in them. And the only restrictive seat I ever found was in a 25th Anniversary Countach - it was a BASTARD to drive!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131