over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off Topic: A question for the Euro guys

Lotus Esprit, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and I just bought recently a genuine Lotus LeMans racer which should have its full restoration finished next week. Those are my toys.
Bentley Continental GT as daily driver.

Watch how many more hating posts about me will hit various boards now!

HAHAHAHA yeah you know that is coming!!!

Yeah I didn't think there were much American sports cars in Europe. Everytime I watch TopGear they rip on something American when they have it but boy does our Corvette ZR1 shut people up.

I am with you guys. I am a huge fan of the old muscle cars. This below is basically (very similiar) to what I am having built for me currently right now.

a 1969 camaro SS RS convertible

it was between bright red and butternut yellow and i just love that butternut yellow (plus there are way too many red ones around) so i went with that color.

this will have a 2010 LS3 fuel injected camaro engine and transmission in it with new cam/cold air induction etc etc etc.

I also had the back mini tubbed and it will run a 345 series tire ( sickenly wide )....suspension and most aftermarket parts all DSE....interior will not be houndstooth but all leather..... cannot wait to get it back from my builder in Florida.....its that car I always wanted to have.....since I was a teenager. I started this project about three years ago and looked around for a year and a half until i found the starting project car that was perfect for this build.....pulled it off of ebay for 17-19k and have gone from there.

Attachments

• YC01.JPG
    YC01.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
we love us cars but italian r perceived many levels higher..........

Maybe down the road a few years I would love to make an old school mopar like this. (this aint mine...just love the look that guy gave his car)

Attachments

• barr2.JPG
    barr2.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 260
  • barr3.JPG
    barr3.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 366
Nice car DC. Im in the beginning stages of restoring a 69' SS right now. Its just the frame and body....which is being painted right now but this is what it will look like exactly when finished. Im doing it all original except putting in a 454.

Attachments

• d7f3_3.jpg
    d7f3_3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 258
I'm not a very big Mopar guy. I'm pretty much a Chevy fan till death. Joe Rogan has a pretty badass 1974 Plymouth Cuda that is pretty insane looking. I'd rather have a Malibu if I could have my choice but Rogan's car ain't too shabby.

Attachments

• RogansSickFish.jpg
    RogansSickFish.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 275
Nice car DC. Im in the beginning stages of restoring a 69' SS right now. Its just the frame and body....which is being painted right now but this is what it will look like exactly when finished. Im doing it all original except putting in a 454.

Love that car. The styling is just timeless. The prices they are getting for these now is unbelievable! A restored 1970 Chevelle SS is for sale not far from me for $140K. :eek:

That car is absolutely beautiful Main....love it

Im with you Awn...I dont like every mopar look (especially some of the weird neon colors some people do with them) but Rogans car has style

DC, I love the Camaro and the color you picked is absolutely perfect. Take care of that baby once you get it :D

Main, once you get your's you need to cruise it on the Blue Ridge Parkway through VA and pick my ass up along the way haha

I am a big fan of the '69-'71 Chevelle SS's also....particularly this one

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
been gone from Germany for a few years now. US Cars are always gets the looks in Germany.
My Favorite is H2 Hummer.
Dont see many in Germany. Here in US its almost normal even with the gas is high.

Barrett Jackson is a stones throw away from where I live. I look forward to going this year just to watch. It's a fun time if youre a car buff. I remember the speed network gave away a 50k bankroll one year to be spent at the auction and they taped the guy looking at the cars and then bidding on his dream car which he won. It was something like a 1968 Nova SS 454. It was a beautiful car and should have gone for more than 50 grand but there wasn't a reserve and nobody really was bidding on the thing. If I was very weathly I'd have a fun time at that auction.

Comparing a 30-40,000 dollar US car to a $250,000-$300,000 European car is hardly a fair comparison.

oh an interresting little tid bit the number one selling vehicle in the world and the vehicle driven by the highest percentage of millionaires is the ford F-150. america still makes the best trucks...lol

Lotus Esprit, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and I just bought recently a genuine Lotus LeMans racer which should have its full restoration finished next week. Those are my toys.
Bentley Continental GT as daily driver.

Watch how many more hating posts about me will hit various boards now!

We know you are busy, but can you post pics?

Respectfully,
Boo

Comparing a 30-40,000 dollar US car to a $250,000-$300,000 European car is hardly a fair comparison.

There's more to a car than $$price$$ or co$t it's really about culture and generation when you were raised.

I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those euro "sport cars". Tiny quiet death traps if you ask me.

Funny how the American Males are I am all about muscle and power...and many males my age others are about the imports and souping and modding them up-seems to be the younger guys.

I drove a 455 Buick Grand Sport Stage one for 1.5 years at 16, then got a 1968 Firebird 400 and later a steal on a 1968 GTO for $450. Thing had roll bars in it, primer a heavily modded 400 with dual carbs. I sold both cars and got more modern ones in college and beyond-was always a pontiac man had grand am and grand prix GT and GTP's. I couldn't afford the 8-12 MPG's I got in my bird driving 3-400 miles a week back and forth to work so the muscle cars had to go. Worst mistake I made.

This spring the head gasket went up in my Grand Prix GTP and it was the second time in 4 years so I donated the car to Charity cars and bought as
2009 Dodge Charger (fully loaded 42 K I got it for under 30 K)
It blows the doors off any american muscle car I had before as far as comfort style and technology-with the uconnect phone Sirius and Hard drive MP3 and DVD player.
I put a Cold air induction kit on it, 93 OCT/CAI diablo tune and opened up the exhaust and it screams like an eagle.
Plus I get anywhere from 18-21 city when I play nice as high as 28 on the highway MPG.

I was telling Dante about the new muscle car wars coming in quickly with Ford GM and Dodge heating up. Got to get under the radar before green peace destroys the american autos.
Ford already has a 500 HP Shelby Mustang , the Camaro SS is at 435 and they are working on more powerful model to compete and dodge is upgrading its motors as well to over 500 HP on the SRT8 versions. All are designed to be more fuel effecient as well.

Eventually the cubes and cylinders will fall, but horsepower will be increased with turbo and superchargers added to the stock models as an incentive.

I can't really do much more to my car with out voiding the warranty-plans are for a bigger cam and supercharger when the warranty is up.

Even with in america you will see cultural differences-most african americans I know that have Chargers go the 6 cylinders and dub them up -expensive wheels, trim light kits etc while us meatheads will spend thousands on engine and other performance mods.

There is a certain nostalgia that goes along with owning an older car from the past. I think everyone can agree on that. I just think it depends on what you appreciate and grew up around. You can easily spend 100k+ on an older American muscle car and same goes for older European muscle cars as well. I think when you grow up in a country where you might see more Ferrari's, you have a better appreciation when you see a collectible edition that was made many years ago. Same goes with Ford, Chevy, and Dodge.

I will say this....when I was in college I worked at a five star hotel for about six years and in that time was a valet for over a year. I drove almost every nice care imaginable. Now maybe I only drove the car 50 feet in some cases but at least I was able to live the dream for ten seconds:D. I can tell you that of all the imports I've driven, Maserati is one of my favorites. There is a guy in the valley that has a McLaren F1 which I was able to sit inside and look at. At one point we had lists (the other valets and I) of cars we had never driven and it was pretty small considering. When the Gumball rally came through AZ, almost all of the participants came through and stayed at the hotel. That was really badass to see these guys who had cars SERIOUSLY hooked up just to drive that race. There were a couple of guys with Suburu's pushing over 800hp along with stock F430s, older 355s (pretty much any Ferrari model), Murcielagos, Porsche's with who the hell knows what done to them but they sounded like airplanes...not cars. There were also a ton of Mercedes with aftermarket turbo swaps and engine rebuilds from companies like Brabus that pushed close to a grand in HP. Just a quick story and then I'm done with my rant. When all the guys had come in for the night, some of them wanted to mess with their buddies and they came down to the bell desk and asked if (pointing at whatever car their friends owned) we could somehow "misplace" their keys in the morning to give the other guys an advantage and a small head start. The guys driving were dropping a hundred dollar bill for this favor. Now keep in mind this is a five start/five diamond (at the time) resort where crap like this isnt supposed to happen. So we really had to try to make it look like it was a mistake. The funny part about this was the fact that their friends must have done this before because shortly after the first group of guys left, someone else would come down and say something to effect of "you know the guy that just came down and told you to lose my keys, well...lose his instead." All of this was said while the guys were shoving money into our hands without a chance for us to really do anything about it. These guys knew their buddies gave us a hundred a piece so they in turn doubled the bribe for us to lose their friends keys. At the time all the vallets pooled tips on a 24hr share and it was calculated at an hourly rate the next day and you were paid in cash per hour you worked. I think the hourly rate that day was close to 50 bucks an hour. I could blab on and on about stuff that happened like that at the hotel but I'm done with story time for now:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws