over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off topic braces as an adult?

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Has anyone here had braces as an adult.
Which one did you guys get?
I was thinking about getting the ceramic braces, they are kinda stealth and supposed to work better thaninvisalign .

How much did you guys end up paying for it??

I am 30 years old and had them put on last year. I have always been a bit embarrassed cause I had a gap in my front teeth do now that I have insurance that covers $4,000 of the cost, I did it. It takes some getting used to. I am self conscious about them, especially when trying to talk to girls. But I know in the end it will make me happy.

its weird and might turn some girls off but its only for 6 months or so but its worth it bcuz at the end you will take them off and feel good

i had it done 7 years ago best money spend ever. never been as happy as the day i got my braces off then got them Tooth Whitening as well.

do it bro now i always smile and every girl likes pretty teeth
had then on from the age of 23-25years old.
ps. i fucked alot of girls with the grill i my mouth;)

im 40. i had them about 10 years ago. i did the ceramic. my wife (same age) had invisiline a few years before me.
i had mine for ~1 year and have permanent retainers on the back of my teeth. it was a mild case.
my wife was a 4 extraction case. my buddy (orthodontist) still to this day uses her case in studies as it was extreme. she also has a permanent retainer on her lower teeth but removable retainer on top.

im 40. i had them about 10 years ago. i did the ceramic. my wife (same age) had invisiline a few years before me.
i had mine for ~1 year and have permanent retainers on the back of my teeth. it was a mild case.
my wife was a 4 extraction case. my buddy (orthodontist) still to this day uses her case in studies as it was extreme. she also has a permanent retainer on her lower teeth but removable retainer on top.

Were you happy with your decision to do it? Was it worth it?

I had ceramic braces when I was 18.... I thought it was old at the time, but I guess that is still considered somewhat young.
Mine cost $3500. I had them for about 1.5 years.
They weren't nearly as big of a pain in the ass as people made them out to be. I was used to them in 2 days and the periodic tightening was very tolerable IMO.

At least you're doing something about it. Shows you have some self respect and take pride in your appearance. Jacked up teeth have to be high on the list of major turn-offs. I never understand why somebody like Will Ferrell who has access to unlimited funds....still has jacked up teeth. Take a year off. I will say I was tired of looking at Frank Shamrock's metal mouth on Strikeforce. But, most of us aren't working in front of a camera for a living....so who cares about a year of your life. Go for it.

Have you looked into Veneers? I did this about 10 years ago as I didn't want to wear braces even though my teeth were not too bad. However, there were inconsistencies in the size of them that I didn't like.

Whole process took about 2 weeks with molds and everything, and I walked out with perfect teeth. I would do it all over again.

I had ceramic braces put on when I was about 35. They were on for a couple of years. It was one of the best decision I ever made. The cost was around $5500. It was well worth it. I say go for it. You workout to make your body look better, might as well have a nice smile to match.

Thanks Gents,
There was never a doubt, Whether I was gonna get them or not. I just wanted to know that they are "bearable" and wanted opinions on ceramic. Seems like thats what teh majority of you guys got. Great. Heres a toothy smile for you guys. As you can see my top row isnt bad but the bottom ones are messed up.

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpg
    mail.google.com.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 128
If you do go with them ceramic is a better choice IMO. I had stainless steel bar retainer for over 10 years. The taste/mouth on the tongue gets annoying.

Aliendogstar, thats funny you mention Frank Shamrock.

I had braces on for 4 years from age 26 to 30. I had the clear kind. It was well worth it! Cost me about $5000.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws