advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old Guy - What about 500 mg a week continious?

Chuck999

FOUNDING Member
Registered
This has been discussed some in the past, but it seems every 6 months or so, we figure out new stuff about AS, diet, etc. I'm probably one of the oldest guys on this board. Pushing 65. Been lifting and doing other things my whole life. Started on supps maybe 25 years ago. Do a couple of moderate cycles a year. Still built like a guy about 30 in good shape. Not huge, but still got about 15 1/2 - 16 inch bi's and 32-33 waist, and still stronger the most guys half my age. However, getting to where I could see at my age just going on full-time test replacement might be about time to think about. Maybe 250 test cyp and 250 Eq, per week. I seem to do OK as to blood work with most of the anti-E's - and Saw Palmetto, along with finasteride seems to do OK for the DHT issues.

Any and all comments appreciated. I value the opinion of some of the guys on here more than any 10 MD's. Let me know your thoughts. Heck, there may be a few other "older' guys on here who might be interested.

Chuck999

Well I'm no expert but if 2 cycles per year is working for you I wouldn't go to 500mg/wk all of the time. My suggestion is do the 2 cycles and instead of going off just use 100-150mg/wk of test. This is in the legitimate HRT range and shouldn't cause any problems. Maybe add .5mg arimidex 2-3x/wk to keep estrogen levels in check. That amount of test will put you in the 1100-1500ng/dl range which is a bit above the high end of normal. Just a thought.

PB

Too high brother. Go on 150mg cyp per week and add some GH. Maybe 2iu's ED and you'll be good and healthy.

Appreciate the tips. I have had a couple people who should know what they're talking about say I could go on 400 or so a wk continuous w/o any real problem, but it does seem awful high.
Actually one of those guys was a pro BB, and the other a pro athelete - their "off-cycle" PCT is 1/2 gram to a gram. Also one of them is late 20's and the other early 30's. Totally different from me.

I will probably start doing 150 or so a wk on a regular basis. Like PB said, maybe about .5 Arimidex 2 - 3 times a week for the E's. I will also get blood work done pretty often for awhile to see how it goes.

One other question. I get it about 500 being way to high. If I were to go on something like the above (150 a wk) would it make any difference to split it between say test cyp and Eq. Say 75 a week of test with 75 a week of Eq?
I always get good results from Eq. and test combined. Also I have a good supply of Eq on hand. I suspect it probably wouldn't make much difference either way, especially at these low levels. And of course I'm talking about continuous, so I hope that will be for a pretty good while in the future!

One thing I always find interesting is that so many people on this board and in general who train, and use AS, just don't think the're ever going to get old! Like that Kenny Chesney song says, "Don't BlinK" brother - it WILL happen to you, if you make it that far. I will say, if you take care of your body, and continue to train, it will make a huge difference when you do get up into your 50's and 60's (hell, even your 40's).

I see these "old" guys at the gym with bellys and scrawney arms, etc., and then it dawns on me I'm probably ten years older then them. But I damn sure don't look like that - and I guarentee I feel different too. Training on a regular ongoing basis all your life, the right supps (and here I mainly mean vitamins and such), diet, etc. damn sure make a huge difference. Most people who meet me think I am 10-15 years younger than I am, and from the neck down I could be 30 - and am a hell of a lot stronger and better built then the average 30 something American male.

Anyway, appreciate the tips. I was on this board (and the old 'gade) when it seemed like we had maybe 500 -1000 "regular" members - and look at it now! Lot of experience and knowledge on here - like I said I trust some of you guys on here who have been around awhile, like PB and fourthgen, much more than most MD's.

Chuck999

Hey Chuck999

Good for you at 65. When I grow up I want to be just like you, lol. I am 51 and use a similar routine for the same pupose.
I do like to change it up a bit though. I like sus250 because of the 3 different esters, short, medium and long lasting. Once every 2 or even once a week should be good enough for older men because at our age our natural output is extremely low compared to guys in their 20's and 30's. I like to use it with EQ in the winter. In the summer I like to use the sus with Anavar.
I like the idea from another post about using it with GH but I have never gone there before because of the price. It makes it to enticing for scammers to cash in. If you have a good source and can afford it that would be my first choice. Maybe 4 iu's because of the benefits to us as we are older.
Anyway just my 2 cents. I like your style.

Moondoggie

hey Chuck999. I love stories like yours. I am in my mid-50s myself :) Looks like I have plenty of good training days ahead of me. What you said is very true about the later in life you get, the more your training makes a difference in your appearance vs. your peers. Keep defying time bro!

I totally agree with Paul Bunyan's advice 100%. You don't need 500 mg a week year round. I don't know about you, but as I have got a bit older, I tend to watch the sides a little closer (BP, cholesterol, RBCs, etc). Lower doses make it easier to keep everything in check.

Hey Chuck999

Good for you at 65. When I grow up I want to be just like you, lol. I am 51 and use a similar routine for the same pupose.
I do like to change it up a bit though. I like sus250 because of the 3 different esters, short, medium and long lasting. Once every 2 or even once a week should be good enough for older men because at our age our natural output is extremely low compared to guys in their 20's and 30's. I like to use it with EQ in the winter. In the summer I like to use the sus with Anavar.
I like the idea from another post about using it with GH but I have never gone there before because of the price. It makes it to enticing for scammers to cash in. If you have a good source and can afford it that would be my first choice. Maybe 4 iu's because of the benefits to us as we are older.
Anyway just my 2 cents. I like your style.

Moondoggie
you need to inject sustanon every other day to keep blood levels steady bro....

Well, thanks again for the pointers and good wishes! I do like sus also. I don't think there is any harm in changing up a little, as long as I keep the "regular" doses reasonable. I will still do a couple (maybe sometimes 3) "real" cycles a year. I have done GH several times. It is good stuff but like Moondogie says, a little expensive. My wife and I both have used it, and it helps a lot. Not as dramatic as AS, and really does somewhat different things. We still try to go on GH about 3 months at a time when we feel like we can afford it. (Which sometimes we can't!). Wish the stuff wasn't so expensive. Like a couple of people said, got to keep up with bloodwork and watch the sides. I think that is a good idea even when you aren't an old fart like me.

Chuck999

Youngmuscle

I respectfully disagree with using sus250 every other day. It is comprised of 3 different types esters that help the body maintain a steady release of test over an extended period of time. That is what it was designed for.
Moondoggie

I respectfully disagree with using sus250 every other day. It is comprised of 3 different types esters that help the body maintain a steady release of test over an extended period of time. That is what it was designed for.
Moondoggie

Totally agree. A Sus250 every other day is 750 - gram of test a week!

correction

Chuck

I did miss the part where you mentioned doing it all year long. Sorry. In that case it does sound kinda high . Then again nobody knows your body like you do. I was referring too doing 2 cycles a year. That is what I do. After I come off the cycle I do some clomid to get my own production back on track then after a few months I take a bump of enenthate (spelling?) 200mgs every other week.
Moondoggie

There is a big diff between HRT and a cycle. HRT is when your still in the normal ranges. Sure you can be in the very high end of the range, but going over that imo is considered a small cycle.

Moondoggie

Well you might repsectfull disagree but your wrong. if your injecting less frequently than everyother day your levels are going to be on a roller coaster. the shortest ester in the compound dictates the injection frequency. propionate needs to be injected everyother day.

and no it doesnt mean you have to be doing a full ml every other day. you can inject 1/2 ml, no rule against that.

Moondoggie

Well you might repsectfull disagree but your wrong. if your injecting less frequently than everyother day your levels are going to be on a roller coaster. the shortest ester in the compound dictates the injection frequency. propionate needs to be injected everyother day.

and no it doesnt mean you have to be doing a full ml every other day. you can inject 1/2 ml, no rule against that.

Seriously bro??? Sus250 has 30mg of Prop in it; you gotta be kidding me if you are going to inject EOD. Especially if you are saying to inject 1/2ml at a time; then you would be doing it for 15 mg at a time.

i am serious.

and theres 30mg prop, 60mg phenylprop. basically 90 mg prop.

and if you wanto get technical, even the heavy esters like enan and cyp peak at two/three days after administration. in reality you really need ot be injecting at least EOD to have TRULY stable levels, regardless of ester.

i am serious.

and theres 30mg prop, 60mg phenylprop. basically 90 mg prop.

and if you wanto get technical, even the heavy esters like enan and cyp peak at two/three days after administration. in reality you really need ot be injecting at least EOD to have TRULY stable levels, regardless of ester.

Does the same rule apply for when I smoke crack??? Should I do 4 hits off the pipe every day instead of 8 hits off the pipe every other day? I wanna keep my blood's cocaine levels stable to avoid sleeping.:sport-:mi

Sustanon will play havoc with the steadiness of the test blood levels, unless it's injected very frequently. On paper, it seems great. Reality, it's not. There's a whole thread discussing Sustanon and how it affects test blood levels in the Article's Forum.

if it were me... and I was going to stay on year round I would run 200mg of test E and 1-200mgs of deca.

I could run that year round with no probs... then when I wanted to blast a little.. I'd probably up the deca a couple hundred milligrams and add prop at 50-100mgs eod keeping the test E the same.

then its eat my ass off time.

but if I were older.. and more interested in health mainly.. I may cut the above dosages by a third or so.

Well I'm no expert but if 2 cycles per year is working for you I wouldn't go to 500mg/wk all of the time. My suggestion is do the 2 cycles and instead of going off just use 100-150mg/wk of test. This is in the legitimate HRT range and shouldn't cause any problems. Maybe add .5mg arimidex 2-3x/wk to keep estrogen levels in check. That amount of test will put you in the 1100-1500ng/dl range which is a bit above the high end of normal. Just a thought.

PB

I think you hit the nail on the head especially with the ranges you listed.

HRT is 200mg a week max that should keep you at least 1200 if not more.

If you could get the sublingual lozenge called troche I would use them.

I get 100mg troche and split them up 50mg AM and 50mg PM 20% absorption equals a steady 140mg a week test for me a week.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131