over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old school body builders

Swaglantern

Registered
People talk about the Venice beach days of the late 60's and 70's, and how they just ate Dbols (breakfast of champions), and maybe used a few other compounds but not a lot of test, and I was wondering if these guys used Serm's also? Dbol is supposed to cause a lot of bloat and estrogenic effects but a lot of anabolics didn't come out until the 50's and 60's so I was curious would these guys have been in the know, and been running anti E's along with the cycles? Would the doctors have been on the cutting edge? If not how were they dealing with it?

I started in the late 70's and early 80's. The things that guys were taking locally was mostly TEST, Deca and D BALL. They also would add novadex. Anavar, Anadrol, Finajet, Parabloan was obtainable. Everything was from a pharmacy, except the last two were imported from Europe.

Right on...This is all anecdotal, and more for curiosity. I happened to be reading a lot on the Olympics from the 50's and 60's and how they were basically chemically engineered, and then I saw something on Arnold, and they wrote he rarely if ever used test (not sure how they would know), and it just got me thinking about how scientific their cycles were in regards to estrogen, etc...

I started in the late 70's and early 80's. The things that guys were taking locally was mostly TEST, Deca and D BALL. They also would add novadex. Anavar, Anadrol, Finajet, Parabloan was obtainable. Everything was from a pharmacy, except the last two were imported from Europe.

Was the original organon sustanon released around that time?

ive always wanted to try it! and i heard it was popular in california and the west of the USA.

I'm an old guy so I was there. In my area it was Deca/Dbol for 8 week cycles. Most of the guys had a muscular but somewhat puffy appearance. No anti E's were used and almost everybody lost all their gains between cycles. A few years later they did a crude PCT using HCG by itself to get their nutsacks back up and running. The going cycle was 200mgs Deca per week and 15 mgs Dbol per day. I must say those tiny doses produced some big boys. About that time some of the powerlifters discovered test and anavar. Strength went through the roof for that time period but the hardness of their physiques got the bodybuilders combining the cycles and so it evolved to more intelligent cycles and PCT's.

Was the original organon sustanon released around that time?

ive always wanted to try it! and i heard it was popular in california and the west of the USA.

I lived on the East coast at that time. The original Parabolan was a much better choice. My friend loved that and Upjohn Depo test, he was 265 with abs.

Last edited:
I'm an old guy so I was there. In my area it was Deca/Dbol for 8 week cycles. Most of the guys had a muscular but somewhat puffy appearance. No anti E's were used and almost everybody lost all their gains between cycles. A few years later they did a crude PCT using HCG by itself to get their nutsacks back up and running. The going cycle was 200mgs Deca per week and 15 mgs Dbol per day. I must say those tiny doses produced some big boys. About that time some of the powerlifters discovered test and anavar. Strength went through the roof for that time period but the hardness of their physiques got the bodybuilders combining the cycles and so it evolved to more intelligent cycles and PCT's.

Stuff was more potent back then for sure. I used the original Ciba Dbol back in 86-87 and taking just 15-25 mg/day would make you blow up huge. 5 mg tabs, blue in color. It was like nectar of the gods.

Stuff was more potent back then for sure. I used the original Ciba Dbol back in 86-87 and taking just 15-25 mg/day would make you blow up huge. 5 mg tabs, blue in color. It was like nectar of the gods.

As true a statement as ever written here at PM. Sounds like something a bunch old old fart BBer's would say at the nursing home, but the gear back then was SO MUCH stronger than what's around today. I'd say most current UG stuff is probably half the potency of the 80's stuff.

....and you never saw gyno back then either!

....and you never saw gyno back then either!

So what would you attribute that too? I'm leaning towards the idea that most of the competitors back then were truly the genetically gifted individuals, and probably didn't need or use as much gear as what is used today..most people will cry that they were just lying, and this could very well be true, but I can't imagine in the "dawn of anabolics" that these guys new half as much as what is known today.....I could be completely wrong.

Tune in at 1:16 or so. 50 minutes of good stuff from Pete Grymkowski

**broken link removed**

Man it's always interesting hearing this kind of stuff, crazy how all the guys got so swole back then with such little amounts, and they all had a somewhat certain look it seemed , good stuff nonetheless.

Tune in at 1:16 or so. 50 minutes of good stuff from Pete Grymkowski

**broken link removed**

Jesus H. Chrysler...did that mazzafakka say 10grams a day?.....that's about enough to make your hair bleed. Apparently I was completely wrong.

I once did 10 grams of creatine a day does that count

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Grymkowski was definitely and exception but I think the old school guys used more than we think. Human grade gear was easily obtainable and inexpensive. The Searle an Upjohn reps used to hang out at Gold Venice for crying out load !!!

I know a few pro wrestlers from the 80's and from talking to them, the guys back then were using 600-1000 test/week and throwing in some Deca and orals hear and there and rarely cycling off.

Im not a "more is better" guy but I think guys even since the 60's/70's like to under report !!!

Yea...it's the over reporting versus under reporting phenomena.....Even if he/grym was the exception it's hard to imagine putting 3grams a day into a body let alone 10g a day. I hope he had a sponsor. Sounds like a 2nd mortgage to me.

Pete Grymkowski

Pete Grymkowski at his best.

Attachments

• grymkowski08.jpg
    grymkowski08.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,433
Funny how this thread talks about how little gear the old school guys used to develop their physiques because they were truly the genetic elite. And there is another thread talking about these superhuman high school kids from the south who are so corn fed and sooo genetically superior that they bench 405 naturally! I guess everyone from the mid 80's all the way until the recent emergence of hill billy superhuman teens missed the genetic boat! I wish I was from the 70's or a 15 year old kid in 2013.:rolleyes:

I've read primo was available in those days too and Arnold was a big fan of it.

I graduated high in 1982 at 205 could bench 425, squatt and deadlift 500 didnt know what gear was. My parents are from Mississippi so i must of been one of superhuman corn fed kids you talked about. While in college i trained at Sergios gym in the summer. I learned about gear there. I can say the guys there didnt like test. They loved deca, parabolan, finajet, anadrol, primo, dbol and wintrol v. The prepackaged Mexican sustanon started showing up and where popular but test was never popular. There was a Searle? chemist that worked out there and made 100ml bottles of the more expensive gear like primo Label stated "be careful". A lot of the other pros and top amateurs trained there on the weekends. They openly talked about gear and some used test but most said its dirty. i never saw anyone with gyno back then either.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity