over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old school body builders

Even though gyno was not common in those days, Franco Columbo won the 1981 Olympia with blatant gyno.

Even though gyno was not common in those days, Franco Columbo won the 1981 Olympia with blatant gyno.

This. True, from most photos and vids available, you did not see much gyno, but when I think of old school bodybuilders and gyno Franco always pops up in my mind. Several vids out there with him sporting some gyno.

Good stories and some interesting reads here.

Funny how this thread talks about how little gear the old school guys used to develop their physiques because they were truly the genetic elite. And there is another thread talking about these superhuman high school kids from the south who are so corn fed and sooo genetically superior that they bench 405 naturally! I guess everyone from the mid 80's all the way until the recent emergence of hill billy superhuman teens missed the genetic boat! I wish I was from the 70's or a 15 year old kid in 2013.:rolleyes:

I hear what you are saying, but if you re-read the OP it was just a guess based off what I've read regarding the Olympics from the 50's and 60's corresponding with the advent of anabolics - I freely admitted that I could be wrong....and actually I was also tying that in to side effects because many of the body builders I've looked at from the 70's still had plenty of hair, didn't look bloated or distended etc..etc.. I was curious of the idea that if anabolics had basically only been around a short time "relatively speaking" were they in tune with all of the sides?....no need to create a straw man.

Yea..I looked at some photos......from what I could tell - Platz looked way better. Body building is hard on the heart because it is so subjective. It's not empirically based. There are no points on the board. Time on the clock..etc..

I saw something on Arnold, and they wrote he rarely if ever used test, and it just got me thinking about how scientific their cycles were in regards to estrogen, etc.

hahhahahahahhah! Who could it be????

I saw something on Arnold, and they wrote he rarely if ever used test, and it just got me thinking about how scientific their cycles were in regards to estrogen, etc.

Whats been brought up in this thread is one of those subjects that i have wondered about for a long time. you never saw any of those guys with gyno, and they grew off so little doses. it all just dosnt seem to add up! and the subject of pharmaceutical gear back then being more potent? they still have to make it to the stated dose

Back when I was a kid, we had to walk uphill 10 miles each way barefoot on dirt roads covered with discarded needles and syringes just to get Deca & DBol.

In the dead of winter.

Funny how this thread talks about how little gear the old school guys used to develop their physiques because they were truly the genetic elite. And there is another thread talking about these superhuman high school kids from the south who are so corn fed and sooo genetically superior that they bench 405 naturally! I guess everyone from the mid 80's all the way until the recent emergence of hill billy superhuman teens missed the genetic boat! I wish I was from the 70's or a 15 year old kid in 2013.:rolleyes:

i cant speak for the guys in the 80s but there actually are 15 and 16 year olds in the south who are naturally very fast, strong and big, you can usually watch them on saturdays in the fall when theyve turned 18 and enrolled at an sec school and they didnt just pop up recently its been like that. ive worked with kids here that fit that mold perfectly and i can tell you for a fact that they werent on anything. i love the mentality of the boards, its usually a 90 percent makeup of guys who did miss the genetic boat discussing with each other these elaborate drug cycles with huge dosages while theyre convinced anyone in history who had any size had to be using even more shit than they are and any teenager whos stronger than them has to be on something and validating this point because everyone else on the board says the same thing. well thats because the really genetically gifted guys dont get on message boards to talk about all this shit because they dont need to, pretty much anything works. and the truly truly genetically gifted guys dont become bodybuilders, they sign nfl contracts. so yeah all in all im pretty sure you did miss the genetic boat.

Stuff was more potent back then for sure. I used the original Ciba Dbol back in 86-87 and taking just 15-25 mg/day would make you blow up huge. 5 mg tabs, blue in color. It was like nectar of the gods.

Real ciba dbol in the early 80s made my piss smell like ronson lighter fluid.
Only took 3-4 tabs daily for that to happen. That was some great stuff..
The generics that followed(bolar rugby etc) were quite good but fell a little short of the brand name D.. T

Yea..I looked at some photos......from what I could tell - Platz looked way better. Body building is hard on the heart because it is so subjective. It's not empirically based. There are no points on the board. Time on the clock..etc..

Dumb this down for me please?

Majority of Kids def don't train as hard these days. I remember in high school they had 100 pound plates left over from the old days and no one ever touched them.
I remember growing up in NYC I never came across anyone to teach proper deads cleans etc, but in the old school pros came from here. Now with the Internet people, including me can learn the main lifts.

i cant speak for the guys in the 80s but there actually are 15 and 16 year olds in the south who are naturally very fast, strong and big, you can usually watch them on saturdays in the fall when theyve turned 18 and enrolled at an sec school and they didnt just pop up recently its been like that. ive worked with kids here that fit that mold perfectly and i can tell you for a fact that they werent on anything. i love the mentality of the boards, its usually a 90 percent makeup of guys who did miss the genetic boat discussing with each other these elaborate drug cycles with huge dosages while theyre convinced anyone in history who had any size had to be using even more shit than they are and any teenager whos stronger than them has to be on something and validating this point because everyone else on the board says the same thing. well thats because the really genetically gifted guys dont get on message boards to talk about all this shit because they dont need to, pretty much anything works. and the truly truly genetically gifted guys dont become bodybuilders, they sign nfl contracts. so yeah all in all im pretty sure you did miss the genetic boat.

Post a recent pic and I will to, and lets see who missed the boat first.

I hear what you are saying, but if you re-read the OP it was just a guess based off what I've read regarding the Olympics from the 50's and 60's corresponding with the advent of anabolics - I freely admitted that I could be wrong....and actually I was also tying that in to side effects because many of the body builders I've looked at from the 70's still had plenty of hair, didn't look bloated or distended etc..etc.. I was curious of the idea that if anabolics had basically only been around a short time "relatively speaking" were they in tune with all of the sides?....no need to create a straw man.

I have always thought this about the 70's and 80's bodybuilders, most of them had tons of hair, no acne, and minimal if any gyno..

Im curious as to why also.

Well in my days (HORSE AND BUGGY DAYS) it was Test, Anadrol and D-bol

Post a recent pic and I will to, and lets see who missed the boat first.

NFL guys great athletes but who says they'd be great bbers... silliness. Outside of running backs and maybe some safeties don't see it. Lineman no most lbs no...wr... no.

Woops didn't mean to quote that guy that implied NFL guys would be awesome bbers.

no matter what i respect those old timers they blazed a path to get us to the point we are at today.

no matter what i respect those old timers they blazed a path to get us to the point we are at today.

DITTO!!

your brother in CHrist,

Lucky

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311