over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opinions on this diet??

Fitness2829

Newbies
What do you guys think about a diet of mostly just protein? I have seen the low carb diets, and the low fat diets and even the high protein diets, but what if someone took the low carb diet and just cut out or keep the fat intake low?? Didnt really watch calories but every time you were hungry just ate protein shake or protein? I mean since on a low carb diet the body uses fat for fuel, well if it doesnt have fuel wouldnt it used up the stored bodyfat for fuel, and in turn hold onto some of the muscle since your protein would be so high? Of course your gonna feel like shit, thats why the ECA stack would be mandatory!! Since the body doesnt use protein very well for energy, wouldnt it use the stored bodyfat very quickly? In turn wouldnt it be similar to the way DNP works in the body by blunting insulin and throwing carbs off as heat?? Of course without the raised metabo? Or am i sitting around doing to much thinking here? Maybe trying to hard to be a pioneer!! HAHA wHAT DO you guys think?

well...

Over time, maybe a few weeks or so, your body would get efficient at using protein for fuel. It's a process called deamination where the nitrogen is removed from amino acids to make a ort of carb. Your nervous system runs pretty much entirely on glucose, so until it gets good at burning ketones, you're going to have mood and thinking difficulties.

You'll probably be in ketosis, and might do well to monitor this each morning with Ketostix. You don't want deep ketosis for long periods as this runs the risk of ketoacidosis.

You might consdire some cycling scheme for this - say, 5-10 days of protein only, followed by 5-10 days of normal eating. A bit slower weight loss, but safer.

Ya , i actually thought of doing 2 weeks on and 1 week of normal eating? Would this be as good as say a ketogenic diet?? Or should I still take a day out and try adding some carbs and fats in each week. Would it preserve muscle tissue better? Thanks Thinking of giving this a shot for a couple of weeks and seeing

I think you'd be better off doing something more along the lines of a low carb/high protein diet. By this I mean maybe 50-75g carbs/day (depending on your bodyweight) and maybe a gram of protein a day. Then throw in some healthy fats.

Excessively high protein diets really haven't been shown to be very beneficial in reducing muscle wasting in comparison with moderate protein diets.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws