over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Opinions on this training. ...

J.Lizzle

Banned
**broken link removed**

Looks different.

I get it as like 6 days a week training....lighter myo rep days using more isolation work then the next session is heavy using more compounds....quite low volume but high frequency.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm just looking for something fresh.

With this though your still having the heavy days to recruit more fibres then you have the lighter myo rep days so hit all fibres?

On upper lower for 6 days then day off alternating through heavy and light each body part gets hit 3 times a week so 12 times a month roughly of which 6 will be heavy and 6 will be light.

Just want something that will cover everything that I can do solid for say 4 months then switch.

I . remember seeing a post by Scott stevenson saying you should be able to gain using the same routine for a year if every session your progressing in weight or reps cos then the body constantly adapts over the year..... so gains will continue to be made and he said madcow would even achieve that as long as your progressing for the full year.

Thoughts?

try it. let us know.

only 6 day/week workout i ever did was following lats "a little story for ya" version. Had great strength results. I was working in a gym at the time, so 6 days a week was no problem. Now, I find it hard to go 5.

That being said, try it. give it a 10-12 weeks and gauge your results.

I responded to this on Anasci...

from my post:

Borge's method takes a lighter load and less volume but increases the frequency and has other days that are heavier... It has sufficient variety in loads and seems sound.... With that in mind, you need to ask yourself, "Is this training load and stimulus enough to induce sufficient muscular damage, create enough mechanical tension and enough metabolic stress to induce hypertrophy?" The best training programs are the ones that optimize the frequency, intensity, load, volume, variation and periodization to produce continuous growth. Could this program work great for some folks? Absolutely! Could it fall short? certainly! We all have unique genetic capabilities and external influences that affect how we will respond to various training protocols, so find a program that creates that right balance and stick to it! But also recognize that over time, as your body changes, you will need o change the stimulus and vary your training. Nothing is bodybuilding is static (unless you are doing isotension reps) so continue to experiment and evolve...

Its really easy for overtraining to creep up on you and hinder gains going 6days/wk.

Borge Fagerli was trained by Phil Hernon. Then he developped his own Training System based on this background.

PERSONALLY... I find that EOD training gives me the best results. I've tried the 6x a week and didnt see anything from it.

Full body EOD, change up the rep range schemes, and do the exact same exercises every time I lift. Simplest and best routine I've ever had.

Full body EOD, change up the rep range schemes, and do the exact same exercises every time I lift. Simplest and best routine I've ever had.

And you still continue to gain?

And you still continue to gain?

I got to where I am on BASIC lifting principals (heavy, low-med rep, compound movements). I would still continue to train this way if my only goal was to add strength, but since I am pretty strong at this point I switch my rep ranges up once a week and do the same exercises. I get stronger from the heavy days and bigger from the higher rep days. An alternative would be doing both, such as mentioned in the UHT program under the Articles section of the site. That combines both by doing 2 sets per exercise (1 in the 4-6 range and one in the 8-12 range). Because I'm lifting EOD and doing full body, I stick to 1-2 exercises per body part. Every set to complete failure, of course. I tend to agree with the people that say you only need to reach the point of tearing the muscle for it to regrow back bigger and stronger. I don't find that doing 3-4 exercises per body part with 3-4 sets each provides a better benefit in terms of hypertrophy than just reaching that "tear" point in 1-2 sets of failure.

The only argument I feel could stand against this is with legs. Being that we use our legs for so much on a daily basis, I've always felt that more "type 1" muscle fibers in the legs are stimulated through higher reps. I train my legs completely different than my upper body by just hitting a LOT of reps. I will throw light weights on the hack squat machine and bust out as many reps as I can until walking is next to impossible. I like the program I'm using above but I don't think doing 1 set of 10 squats is enough to generate adequate growth in the legs. thats my 2 cents though

Last edited:

The problem with full body is you end up not being able to hit everything optimally in one session and end up with bodyparts that are really lacking.

I got to where I am on BASIC lifting principals (heavy, low-med rep, compound movements). I would still continue to train this way if my only goal was to add strength, but since I am pretty strong at this point I switch my rep ranges up once a week and do the same exercises. I get stronger from the heavy days and bigger from the higher rep days. An alternative would be doing both, such as mentioned in the UHT program under the Articles section of the site. That combines both by doing 2 sets per exercise (1 in the 4-6 range and one in the 8-12 range). Because I'm lifting EOD and doing full body, I stick to 1-2 exercises per body part. Every set to complete failure, of course. I tend to agree with the people that say you only need to reach the point of tearing the muscle for it to regrow back bigger and stronger. I don't find that doing 3-4 exercises per body part with 3-4 sets each provides a better benefit in terms of hypertrophy than just reaching that "tear" point in 1-2 sets of failure.

The only argument I feel could stand against this is with legs. Being that we use our legs for so much on a daily basis, I've always felt that more "type 1" muscle fibers in the legs are stimulated through higher reps. I train my legs completely different than my upper body by just hitting a LOT of reps. I will throw light weights on the hack squat machine and bust out as many reps as I can until walking is next to impossible. I like the program I'm using above but I don't think doing 1 set of 10 squats is enough to generate adequate growth in the legs. thats my 2 cents though

I believe training full body is Phil Hernon's new philosophy of training; however, he does 2 days on and 1 day off I think.

So, you just do 1 set 1 exercise for each body part to failure? Do you warm up with a few light sets prior to each body part?

So let me get this straight... this guy is advocating taking a weight where you fail on a first set of 20-25 reps...then following that you do another 5 sets with a brief rest period in between each going to failure again with he same weight on each set? I'm a big fan of rest pause training, but it seems like the load here would be very light and not really cause mush trauma within the muscle... I dunno I'd love to see some actual real world results that show otherwise.

So let me get this straight... this guy is advocating taking a weight where you fail on a first set of 20-25 reps...then following that you do another 5 sets with a brief rest period in between each going to failure again with he same weight on each set? I'm a big fan of rest pause training, but it seems like the load here would be very light and not really cause mush trauma within the muscle... I dunno I'd love to see some actual real world results that show otherwise.

It would actually be very interesting to see the whole workout laid out, but I know he just gave out some guidelines.

I believe training full body is Phil Hernon's new philosophy of training; however, he does 2 days on and 1 day off I think.

So, you just do 1 set 1 exercise for each body part to failure? Do you warm up with a few light sets prior to each body part?

1 set. All out failure. Every day, let your body decide when it needs a break. No schedule breaks. He has a lot of guys doing this, testing it and liking the results.

No warm ups. U just go from 1 movement to the next.

I prefer his old program 3 on 1 off like Johnny smiles explains, or the 1/2 body one day other 1/2 next day like Lats explained.

1 set. All out failure. Every day, let your body decide when it needs a break. No schedule breaks. He has a lot of guys doing this, testing it and liking the results.

No warm ups. U just go from 1 movement to the next.

I prefer his old program 3 on 1 off like Johnny smiles explains, or the 1/2 body one day other 1/2 next day like Lats explained.

Is the 1/2 body one day and the other 1/2 body the next day also Phil's old philosophy?

dunno

I dont kniw for sure if he used the 2 day approach? I think he did.
He worked on big beyond belief which is similar.

Chest/back/delts/abs
Hams/quads/calves/ bi-tri.

3-5 sets each muscle group. Fail at 5 10 15 reps.

Take a day off when u need to.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311