over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PEDS and HBP Drugs

Rainmanisback

Registered
So recently Nick Trigilli stated in his video about Larry Wheels' heart check-up, that as a PEDs abuser if you are trying to mask the HBP you get from PEDS with HBP drugs you are playing a dangerous game that could kill you quickly... according to his own words... I thought people like Palumbo voted for taking HBP medication during cycles.

What do you guys think about that, are we who try to control HBP with drugs playing with fire and we should not mix the 2 and try to control HBP naturally? Thoughts?

I don't put much stock into what G4P Nick says. I will continue to use an ARB as a preventative measure.

The human body is not made to be over 220 with sub 9% BF. That's why things like CPAP's, BP meds, etc are important. Yes, the "average" person could just lose a few lbs, cut out shit food, take some Magnesium, and walk 30 min 3-4x a week to drop BP. That's not going to cut it for a guy 6'1 265+ or 5'7 225+.

New trend in bodybuilding is we must fix bodybuilding (lol) and these videos get views. I don't pay much attention to them. This forum is smarter and the information is presented as information not a clever ad.

One thing you have to keep in mind about Nick.. While he does break a lot of news and can sometimes have mildly entertaining topics, he is a fucking bimbo/dumbass. If you cannot realize that from the way he talks, repeats himself, and states phrases/cliches incorrectly - then I would suggest attempting to be more aware of people and their general intelligence. The guy is not sharp and I have nothing against him personally.

But when you have had multiple people in the medical field on this site over the years suggest bp meds/arb's etc - why would you ever question what Nick says?

New trend in bodybuilding is we must fix bodybuilding (lol) and these videos get views. I don't pay much attention to them. This forum is smarter and the information is presented as information not a clever ad.
There's a bat(or snake) er I mean an elephant in the room that's a common thread among all these mishaps over the last couple years.

I agree the premise of what he is saying is correct. If you are taking medicine you are not healthy. Medication masks what's going on.

But if you choose to do unhealthy things ( use aas, push the scale to where you have high blood pressure) and don't try preventative measures like lose weight, clean up diet, lower your dose.. ( or they don't work) using the meds are better than running around with 170/90 bp.

It is alarming how many people are taking BP meds it almost seems like commonplace.

There's a bat(or snake) er I mean an elephant in the room that's a common thread among all these mishaps over the last couple years.
Yup. They were all members of the Knights Templar.

One of my friends has slight hypertension but refuses to do any cardio because he thinks he will lose size. Instead he just got on blood pressure meds. In his case I think that is just absurd, lol.

Now if you are doing cardio and eating healthy and still have issues, that is another matter.

One of my friends has slight hypertension but refuses to do any cardio because he thinks he will lose size. Instead he just got on blood pressure meds. In his case I think that is just absurd, lol.

Now if you are doing cardio and eating healthy and still have issues, that is another matter.
i consistently run daily miles, and have not lost size. then again, i'm not a bodybuilder.
but i do receive comments whenever i am out about my size and muscularity..
even from pro bodybuilders and professional athletes.
i use to think the same way about cardio, but since running became a thing for me two years ago,
i pretty much have stayed the same weight and size.. maybe more defined though and i run SMALL doses. micro-doses.

i consistently run daily miles, and have not lost size. then again, i'm not a bodybuilder.
i use to think the same way about cardio, but since running became a thing for me two years ago,
i pretty much have stayed the same weight and size.. maybe more defined though and i run SMALL doses. micro-doses.
Yup I do 22-2 Intermittent fasting and only eat ~1900-2300 calories a day … 5 miles of fasted cardio every single day + 1-2 hours at the gym fasted (my two hour window is immediately post workout). I only do 120g protein a day and am on TRT (test level was at 800 last check on this dose)

… I’m still 8% BF with 20.5” arms lol even despite wanting to lose a bit of size. I think our bodies get used to being certain sizes and like to homeostasis it so some folks shrivel up and some don’t (likewise if I don’t adhere to my diet and routine I pack on size way too quickly/easily and I don’t like being too big).

Some dudes grow on nothing and struggle to shred up and some need 5000 calories and shred up in a week … and both sides I think argue the grass is greener lol it’s all relative

I feel like now people focus on steps and think that is a substitute for cardio, where years ago no one considered this acceptable cardio. From my personal experience (not even looking at how real cardio benefits the heart) I bought in when dieting and increased my steps doing multiple hikes a week. I finally dropped it and noticed my weight loss rate didn't slow at all.

Also I feel like alot of anti cardio people who say it's catabolic probably just don't want to do it or have the time so they say they skip it because it would cost them size or make them have to eat more. I can see the time but anything that makes me eat more I'm for lol

I think Nick and Larry are full of sh*t. Just some bro science they made up for an internet topic.

Nick says steroids and BP meds, doesn't specify what type of BP meds, "will cause you to stroke out." Please be specific regarding what BP meds you're referring too and where are the instances of this happening? Things have evolved in bodybuilding, it's much more common for AAS users to use BP meds.

Nick then goes on to say, "He shouldn't be worried about his heart. I was never worried about my heart." What a stupid comment! Aside from the obvious, what if you had a congenital heart defect and didn't know it? Now you've added AAS, GH, whatever it may be BUT by being proactive with your health and getting different cardiac tests done you could catch something that you weren't aware of.

Wow, Larry checks out ok after cardiac tests and Nick says just because he tested out ok doesn't mean he's ok. He says the damages from what he's done the last 10 years will surface eventually. Hey Nick, if he continues to test himself regularly he'll be able to stay on top of his health! I know the concept is foreign but here at Professional Muscle we're not talking anyone out of bodybuilding, we're just saying be proactive and use the medical tools that are available to you and track things during your journey.

Nick says Larry should get a Calcium CT Scan! Nick I'm glad you're reading Professional Muscle!! So many others are too and not admitting it. Can we get a little love here?

Running, especially outside pounding pavement, really seems to make my whole digestive and intestinal system work better.

Running, especially outside pounding pavement, really seems to make my whole digestive and intestinal system work better.
Now that's an interesting observation. For years now I've stayed away from running because of the pounding on my joints and have resorted to other types of cardio, but also have to say that over the years of food intake my digestion and intestinal track have gone downhill on how well they function. I daily use an enzyme digestion aid now and still can have problems if I don't maintain a strictly clean diet. My girl loves to run but she is built for it, but maybe I'll experiment with some running and see what happens. Note: last time I ran on any level of regularity was my football days, now that's a long time ago, lol.

Now that's an interesting observation. For years now I've stayed away from running because of the pounding on my joints and have resorted to other types of cardio, but also have to say that over the years of food intake my digestion and intestinal track have gone downhill on how well they function. I daily use an enzyme digestion aid now and still can have problems if I don't maintain a strictly clean diet. My girl loves to run but she is built for it, but maybe I'll experiment with some running and see what happens. Note: last time I ran on any level of regularity was my football days, now that's a long time ago, lol.
Free running is hard to beat for many reasons. Generally, parks are my preferred places to run bc I can run in the grass beside the dirt roads and you get the scenery. But when it's muddy, you can always go to a local high school or public college track which are usually done with cork now and are far easier on the hip sockets, knees, and ankles than the cinder or dirt like the used to have. Or just do ladders on the infield (turf or grass both are good). Treadmills pound my tibias into my knee sockets much more than open running does.

I see people all the time with the treadmills set to a steep incline but that's not aerobic. Their legs are burning like hell. That's anaerobic. People talk about losing muscle from cardio but it's only because they're going balls out for 20 minutes rather than just increased heart rate and respiration for 45-60 minutes. And when you're done, you should feel exhilarated, not wiped out.

Shoes have gotten allot better the last few years, so heavier people like us can run with less pounding. I use a shoe called the Altra Torin 5 that is very cushioned and flat (zero drop) so no extra stress on the knees. If you want a little more lift in the heel there is the Bondi made by Hoka One One.

Free running is hard to beat for many reasons. Generally, parks are my preferred places to run bc I can run in the grass beside the dirt roads and you get the scenery. But when it's muddy, you can always go to a local high school or public college track which are usually done with cork now and are far easier on the hip sockets, knees, and ankles than the cinder or dirt like the used to have. Or just do ladders on the infield (turf or grass both are good). Treadmills pound my tibias into my knee sockets much more than open running does.

I see people all the time with the treadmills set to a steep incline but that's not aerobic. Their legs are burning like hell. That's anaerobic. People talk about losing muscle from cardio but it's only because they're going balls out for 20 minutes rather than just increased heart rate and respiration for 45-60 minutes. And when you're done, you should feel exhilarated, not wiped out.
All good points, where I live it's not very conducive to running except maybe during 4-5 months of the year max. I have a middle school athletic field about 45min away I could use, but again that's about maybe half the year it could be used. There's a rec center half an hour away with an indoor running track but with the Covid mask mandate there is no way I was going to join the rec center to then have to wear a mask to run in circles. I literally just picked up a brand new Concept 2 Rower from the local UPS Customer Center and putting it together to start over this weekend with taking cardio more serious. Monday the Polar H10 HRM strap will be in so I can pair it with the rower to monitor my heart rate for more precise training. But yes, this summer I will make the effort to incorporate running into the program. At 52 I need to take cardio and my overall health more serious before something hits me out of nowhere. My health markers aren't seriously horrible but not the best either, maybe middle of the road with everyone else from the board with our lifestyles. But mainly the girlfriend enjoys running and would really like for me to join her so I guess it's time to make it happen.

Note: the girlfriend lives 2 hours away from where I'm at and the new job is in the same town that she lives in so within a year or so I will be moved to that area which has much better weather year-round that would support running most of the year.

Shoes have gotten allot better the last few years, so heavier people like us can run with less pounding. I use a shoe called the Altra Torin 5 that is very cushioned and flat (zero drop) so no extra stress on the knees. If you want a little more lift in the heel there is the Bondi made by Hoka One One.
Good to know and thanks for the lead on the two models you mentioned. I will need to look into purchasing a pair of running shoes, I have nothing close to being acceptable to run in. I'll do some research which includes researching the models you mentioned and go from there. Cheers

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131