advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

plateuing really bad on shoulders, what to do?

diskey

Registered
hi guys

I'm stangnating so bad on shoulder presses right now.

I did HIT whole spring and switched to volume in summer but no difference in strength on shoulders. I first plateued in dumbel overhead-presses and went over too miltary-press, but it doesn't seem to help. Actually I'm stangnating with lower weight in military press than dumbells. Last weeks I've done 5x5 power workouts but haven't helped either. I allways train shoulders fresh and only once every week, rest of my body is growing nice by the way.

What could I do to get over this freakin plateu ?

What does your split look like? If your not giving your shoulders enough time to recover from their involvement in chest and back workouts, they won't grow.

yea i agree

maybe take a week or 2 off of shoulders all together

Change your mindset

Shoulders can handle alot of work,but remember they are pretty much involved in every upper body exercise so they are constantly in use.Its fine to train delts on a seperate day,but not all the time.

For a few weeks,I would group delts with chest.After your normal chest workout(you may have to reduce the volume slightly) go to side laterals.Your already warm,but to get your nervous system and mind ready for direct delt work,do 1-2 light sets.Now its time to work.I do these in DC "rest pause" fashion.For example this Sunday I grabbed the 55's for 12 reps,rested for about 25-30 seconds did 55's again and got 8,one more 25-30 sec break 55's again and got 5.Believe me,your delts will look like melons,the pump is awesome.Thats it for sides.Then I do rear laterals,one arm at a time,bent over parallel to the ground.2 sets of 55's for about 15 reps each.(for some reason,higher reps on rear delts works better then less)Finally I go to the Hammer strength military press.Normally I can put 4 plates a side for 12 but not after all the chest and lateral work.So I use 3 plates per side.I do my reps very fast,like a piston.No full contraction and no full stretch.I do 2 sets like this and thats it.The pump here is insane and if your delts do not grow then something is very wrong.

My reasoning for doing presses last is that your tris get a chance to rest from all the chest work.You totally pre-exhaust your delts with the lateral work and your tris are able to push you past failure and into the growth zone.Try it for a few weeks,Im sure you will be pleased.....

Another thing to try, if you're not already doing it, is to spot inject the delts every other day, or so. For me, prop and tren in the delts have been creating nice growth. The inititial size comes from swelling (which still looks good) but over time the growth has become permanant. Just another option to consider.

When I trained HIT I did chest/shoulders/tri on the same day. Now the last couple of months I done chest then shoulders each Monday, sometimes shoulders on separate days. Last weeks I've done shoulders before chest on the same day.

Split looks like this now
Mon: Shoulders(not rear)/Chest
Tue: Back, traps and rear shoulders
Wed: rest
Thurs: leg, calves
Fri: arms
Sat&Sun: rest

BALDNAZI : Seems interesting. But you think this method would build strength in presses? I need to get past a certain weigth-load in presses

Tried injecting sust into my delts, I know this isn't a drug to spotinject really, but haven't helped anything anyway.

Shoulders are really some of my best bodyparts, so I can't understand why I would stangnate on this bodypart really.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear