advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post your best 3 day per week workouts...

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Over the years I have trained many ways with quite a few different splits. 3 day, 4 day up to 5 days a week. I know some of you even go 6 days as well.

I have always grown best at 3- 4 days per week with 3 being optimal for mass and strength. Mon, Wed, Fri dedicated to weights and cardio on off days, with Sunday being completely off.

With this in mind, DC training is absolutely perfect for this scheme and is my #1 choice hands down. To switch things up I also think RazorCuts UHT works extremely well. B-boy pointed me to BigA's protocol in the articles section when I asked him his thoughts on 3 day splits, and I think that one is great as well.

Just wanted to start a training discussion for the board since lately alot of the threads are juice related and its time we get back to basics.

So what are your thoughts on 3 day a week programs. Which ones do you like? What are the absolute best for big mass and strength? I want to hear all the offseason "big" training ideas.

Post up guys...

BALD!

I JUST STARTED A REALLY BASIC OFFSEASON PLAN..IT'S A 4 DAYER THOUGH, SO I HOPE IT DOESN'T ANNOY YOU THAT I AM POSTING IT.

Day One- Legs

Day two- shoulders/arms

Day three- rest

Day four- Cardio am...abs/calf pm

Day five- Chest / Back

Day six- rest [ but I will in all reality go for a walk in the am/stretch too]

Day seven rest.

I like 3 days, but not splitting each bodypart up and hitting them once a week. It would have to be DC style were you hit each bodypart 2 times over 8 days. I loose strength and conditioning hitting each bodtypart once a week.

This is what has worked best for me over the past 2 years of experimenting

Mon- Chest , Tris , Calfs

Wed- Back , Bis, Legs

Frid- Shoulders, Traps , Calfs

Using this ive grown the most , and look and feel the best , i was doing 5 days a week before and it was to much , i was actually getting weaker ,and felt horrible , always tired , What do you thing would be a good way of changing it up , thanks for any imput BROS!!!:D

you make me feel lazy...

:D
mon- chest, delt, tri, calf, little cardio

wed- quad, ham, abs

fri- back width, back thick, biceps, calves, little cardio

rest

rest

repeat. always repeat....:)
oh, and i only do 3 or 4 sets per muscle. just very intense and heavy
i train 3 days a week if i get a little burned out or if i have other priorities. depending on how i eat i can gain or maintain on that routine. -STEELE

(otherwise i follow the routine phil gives me)

Last edited:
ive really been considering trying dc as all of the principles sound dead on to me EXCEPT, chest and back on the same days. call me a pussy but by the time ive given my all in chest, i dont feel like i can give it my all in back.

sounds crazy, but i would rather hit back before i do squats. i might experiment with something like this:

mon-chest, delts

wed-back, squats,

fri-same as mon

mon-same as wed

i know this isnt dc but its dc inspired...any thoughts?

Great thread.
I agree that there is not enough regarding the basics. Its all about juice. Anyway I was hoping one of you guys could help me out a bit. I am pretty sure that I read DC's workout plan once but can't remember where I found it. If someone could let me know where or PM me I would appreciate it. Kinda looking to change up my workout maybe I ll look there.
thx

This is a great threat BN I am personally looking to get to a 4day split...currently on a 5 & gotta change it up a bit...currently I do:

Mon-Chest, Tri's
Tues-Back, Bi's & Abs
Wed-Legs
Thur-Shoulders, some cardio
Fri-off
Sat-Light shaping exercises(crossovers etc.) & Abs

I know I need to get in fewer days, more cardio, more rest.

3 days 2 days, no offense but I never seem to be able to fit in these. Phil, ya here me chelu! I feel like da out cast.......;)

definetly different, but oh yeah! I LIKE IT!:D

as much as i hate to say it, i gotta agree with phil :)

i've made tremendous gains training each bodypart 1.5-2x per week. literally almost twice the progress since switching

i feel it only takes myself and others 2-3 days to recover and heal almost every muscle group, the exception being that the nervous system takes longer to catch up and a 2-3 day break thrown in works well

even every other day is better than 3x a week, IMO

to get enough frequency/stimulation through the course of a week, with only 3-4 workouts, you almost have to have an upper/lower or push/pull split

Last edited:
jrs

as much as i hate to say it, i gotta agree with phil :)

i've made tremendous gains training each bodypart 1.5-2x per week. literally almost twice the progress since switching

i feel it only takes myself and others 2-3 days to recover and heal almost every muscle group, the exception being that the nervous system takes longer to catch up and a 2-3 day break thrown in works well

even every other day is better than 3x a week, IMO

to get enough frequency/stimulation through the course of a week, with only 3-4 workouts, you almost have to have an upper/lower or push/pull split

Thats why I put DC as my first choice. It covers what your talking about. Bodyparts get hit 3 times in 2 weeks not twice. Factor in the super high intensity and its more then enough.

For "cruising" periods or natural guys, once a week may be just fine. IMO it's best to periodize/cycle everything. Volume, food, gear, workout, etc etc etc cannot all remain at the same pace forever of course.

People would progress a LOT more if they researched powerlifting and strongman routines and, while keeping their own goals in mind, changed the routine as they see fit. A bodybuilder wouldn't perform many singles or triples, but nothing wrong with pushing in the 5-8 rep range for them..

I like frequency too...probably psychological, but as long as im eating and supplementing good and not to many sets per bodypart, i can get away with frequency, ie the little and often approach.....ala Phil Hernon style for the last year.

Another favourite of mine is a 4 body part split...2 on 1 off...

Ive spoke to others, big lads to who are now doing the M/W/F approach and are doing well. Infact theres a certain Brit Pro' who's training people and as he does, he's got his trainees doing day on day off a body part a session with hard and heavy few excercises per bodypart for maybe 2sets each and they seem to like it. It works out a body part once every 10days...

I just don't know if i could do the m/w/f approach never mind the above.

Perhaps i should give it a try eh:eek:

3 on 1 off

M/W/F DC style. Love it.
Did the Mon/Thu-Tue/Fri for ages and never moved much.
Every other day works best for me now and I don't get burnt out as easily either.

It's probably all mental, but I don't think I could work with just a 3 day split...I tend to be in the gym 5 or 6 days per week, training each body part every 4 days or so. I too have made great gains since I switched to higher volume/frequency.

BALDNAZI; said:
So what are your thoughts on 3 day a week programs. Which ones do you like? What are the absolute best for big mass and strength? I want to hear all the offseason "big" training ideas.

Post up guys...

BN I don't really know what to call these programs because I am 43 and started working out when I was 16 grew well, developed near death experiences with sleep apnea and catabloized off muscle to live back when. Since then w/ things in control I experiment and go up and down depending on what I am playing with.

I feel that to grow I need to hit the the body parts at least 1.5 times per week but I need to recover so EOD 2-way split works well and then switch to a 3 way split 3 days on, 1 day off approach.

No rep or set is wasted so I guess that is DC style. But the overall approach to how I do things is a Phil Hernon style.

...oh and fuck you Joe Weider! I want my money back. :D

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner