over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Post your most intense workout...

Lenny

IFBB PRO / Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have many, but some of the best were doing legs, but do not limit to only legs. Post any muscle group that you just tore apart for a beating! Most recently was:

Deep Squat:
warmed up, then did 315 for 25 reps
275 for 50 reps
225 for 100 reps

Leg Press:
3 dropsets till near failure

Walking BB lunges supersetted with leg extension
(lunges 50 yards gym and then hobbled to the extension to rep till failure- 3 sets of each)

Finished off with some stiff leg deadlifts:
3 sets of 15 reps, very slow and controlled!

But, I interested in hearing other muscle groups that have been blasted by fellow members...since everyone at promuscle takes it to the next level! Great site for great information on training and nutrition!

Deep Squat:
275 for 50 reps
225 for 100 reps
That's completely insane... I can only hope that someday I'll be able to take that poundage for that many deep reps. Squats tire the hell out of me in no time, even with light weight.

i have so many intense works out I will do, but nothing is all planned, I always go off feel. So I could only give examples from past work outs. Monday I did Chest/Back after a 4 day break, it worked incredible. I like to keep the pace fast when doing sister groups like this, little rest in between sets, and I will alternate muscle groups from set to set. I started off with decline press, ended with a stripping set, then went over to wide grip pull ups, then back to incline bench, then behind the neck lat pull downs. ect... all sets to failure, little rest between sets/exercises. I like to train bi's tris in a similar fashion. every few weeks.

Lets see......about 14-17yrs old....

We ran to the arcade and back (about 2.5 miles) to warm up.....probably 20 minutes worth of sprints with minimal rest....then drilled for probably 45min.....probably live wrestling for another 45min....then more sprints and conditioning drills for another 30min...then live wrestling again balls to the wall to end practice (loser helps roll up mats, you did NOT wanna roll up 12 sections with only 15ish guys).....

NOTHING COMPARES TO WRESTLING PRACTICE!!!!!

We ran to the arcade and back (about 2.5 miles) to warm up.....probably 20 minutes worth of sprints with minimal rest....then drilled for probably 45min.....probably live wrestling for another 45min....then more sprints and conditioning drills for another 30min...then live wrestling again balls to the wall to end practice (loser helps roll up mats, you did NOT wanna roll up 12 sections with only 15ish guys).....

I will support this statement. I never wrestled in high school, but I would wrestle my buddy at his house who was on the wrestling team. We would do many rounds, and SHIT i was tired, he was so much more conditioned than me so he would just keep going and going and i was suckin wind 1 minute into the round.

In the weight room, I would say real slow hack squat drop sets kill me, with 5-10 second negatives, 5 second positives, dropping the weight every 5 reps or so one plate at a time for about 4 or 5 total drops. Gave me a nasty deep burn for the whole couple minutes the set lasted.

Yep!

I must agree with you! I wrestled in Highschool and nothing compares to the practice / match! Not... Football.... Track..... the conditioning is unreal and very grueling.

We got some wrestlers in the house! Cant tell you how many times i almost passed out and puked a million times. When you are sucking wind, feels like you cant suck any more in, but you gota keep pushin......ur legs feel like jello and you gotta FORCE them to do your bidding....the matches where you are wrestling on pure adrenaline and as soon as that last whistle blows you collapse and cant move. Practice days where you just go home and pass out for like 10hrs straight afterwards becuase you cant fathom moving.

An old teammate of mine came back and told us a story after an army trip overseas. He said he trained for months, went through alot of bad shit, sat in bunkers for days with no sleep....and all he could think of was "damn, this shit is nowhere near as bad as wrestling practice" lol!

wrestling workouts

is where its at,i went to a real intense wrestling camp in west virginia did a full day hardcore workout,to top it off i got in trouble and 2 other guys and I had to do line drills in an empty parking lot until 1 of us puked.Talkin bout pukin that was my workout goal today.This is my high rep little rest week and today I did legs.I didnt puke but halfway through ,my lower back and legs hurt so bad I had to lay down .My partner said I was going in and out of consciusness,after a 20 min break and some water and fruit I finished off my workout best I could.People kept askin if I was ok I said ya as long as this helps me grow

I have many, but some of the best were doing legs, but do not limit to only legs. Post any muscle group that you just tore apart for a beating! Most recently was:

Deep Squat:
275 for 50 reps
225 for 100 reps

Leg Press:

(lunges 50 yards gym and then hobbled to the extension to rep till failure- 3 sets of each)

But, I interested in hearing other muscle groups that have been blasted by fellow members...since everyone at promuscle takes it to the next level! Great site for great information on training and nutrition!

100 reps? i cant do 100 reps with no weight? at least i have never tried, but next high rep day i will.

Damn lenny! You did that with a breathing device attached or what ?:D

hardest leg day I have in the longest time, but i needed ample rest in btw sets. I just did not allow myself to stop the set until I finished no matter how long it took. Doubt, I will be matching that day again for a long while. I just felt like taking it to puking levels that day.

haha forget lifting or wresteling...you guys want a workout come over my house and try to win an arguement with my fiancee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!youll be sweating and panting in 10 min. and begging for a break!!!!!hahahahaha.

Wrestling practice and motocross practice were by far the most intense workouts.

Wrestling Practice

Bear Crawls, Bear Crawls and oh yea .... more Bear Crawls (we had 3 mats so if your a wrestler you know how many that is) 10 total.

Then ya hit rows of guys wrestling full speed,
take downs one row,
next row bottom position,
third row top position

... and then Devil Rolls (what we called them)
groups of three standing side by side jumping over and under each other like in a figure 8 motion

then you finish it off with the Indian Circle (everyone get's flat making a circle, you slap the mat as one guy runs around the circle until he goes full cirlce, then the next guy takes over. Trick is, if you step on someone, you carry them the rest of the way!)

Then you get a 2 minute water break and it's game on again for drills.

2nd Most Intense

This hybrid DC/Rest Pause training Mainevent and I have been hitting at the gym. Of course it's weight training not conditioning training like the wrestling, but it is a close second.:eek:

... and then Devil Rolls (what we called them)
groups of three standing side by side jumping over and under each other like in a figure 8 motion

then you finish it off with the Indian Circle (everyone get's flat making a circle, you slap the mat as one guy runs around the circle until he goes full cirlce, then the next guy takes over. Trick is, if you step on someone, you carry them the rest of the way!)

Then you get a 2 minute water break and it's game on again for drills.

OMG i hated these 2 drills lol. I forgot what we called them....the "devil rolls" were a competition for us........our whole room went nuts!

OMG i hated these 2 drills lol. I forgot what we called them....the "devil rolls" were a competition for us........our whole room went nuts!

What is the worst is when you get the freshman "fish" and he is a leg flopper ..... ouch'jumping-s :cheek:-sm

Tends to make for an unpleasant roll!

Summer of 2003 at the U of Iowa

At Carver Hawkeye arena Dan Gable, Tom Brands, Terry Brands, Royce Alger, Jim Zaleski, Keith Moreland, Chad Zaputil, Ray Brinzer, I could go on for days. If anyone knows any of these guys, they all know they were national champs, olympic gold medalists, or world champions in wrestling.

They used to torture us. We had to do wheelbarrows where a guy holds your legs as you go up the stairs on your hands then run back down the stairs to the arena floor and do a "buddy carry" back up which is a guy on your back as you climb the stairs. After doing each row around the whole arena, we did pummling drills followed by sprints around the top. After we did God knows how many sprints it was down to the room for live wrestling for about an hour. The thing was when you were not wrestling live they had you on a staionary bike until it was your turn. After all that shit you did push ups and rope climbs before leaving. If you wanna know Iowa was such a powerhouse during the years Dan Gable was there, thats one of the reasons why. He didnt have the best wrestlers all of the time but he would out work anybody. I will never forget my time there.

Deep Squat:
275 for 50 reps
225 for 100 reps

Leg Press:

Damn dude, your legs must be awesome. What do they measure?

For me, it's easy. It was on March 17, 1987. Why do I remember that date? Because it was the last day that I saw my dad alive, or rather damn near his last breath.

Earlier on that day, I took the test for a job with the city police, which I was later hired for 14 months later. From City Hall, I walked to the Veteran Administrations hospital where I was supposed to meet my mom as she visited my dad. He was suffering with cancer at the time. Unfortunately when I got there, she'd already been there and gone. So not to be rude and just leave, I stayed and talked to my dad, as difficult as it was. Seeing him with tubes throughout his body and breathing on a machine was not easy. I was never used to seeing him so weak. There were many occasions when I would walk to the door to cry so that he wouldn't see me crying. It was probably the worst day of my life. Anyway, to the topic at hand.............

When I left the hospital, I went to the gym where I was training and worked out for 3 hours straight, in hope to get it off of my mind. I must have completed an entire full body workout that evening. I didn't get home until 9 that night. Of course, it took my mind off of my dad only as I worked out. A funny skit on David Letterman made me laugh alot that night but it was all temporary happiness. My dad passed the following morning.

I apologize if I turned an intense thread into a depressing one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity