over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Power Rack Suggestions? USA

bigshadow

Banned
Hey guys,
I'm looking for any suggestions on a Power Rack for home. My gym is 30 min. drive and I can't always block out that much time in my day to drive over, train, and come home... Evening time is sometimes very precious and limited.

What's a good brand for a power rack? I've seen some home models with attachments and things. The only room I've got for this is against the back wall in the garage at my home. I also own the Powerblock dumbells up to 90lbs or something. So I may get the extension pack for that (up to 120-130lbs)along with a solid adjustable bench.

Just sort of the basics to get me by on those days I can't make it into town.

Thanks for any ideas or input!

If basic and cheap is what you want this place has decent stuff http://www.fitnessfactory.com/

Its not gym quality but functional and shipping is free on most items.

If gym quality is what you need a resale store is always good but you do pay considerably more. I'm putting together a garage gym myself so as not to miss a workout when time is short. Good luck! :)

Powertec

This is what I use, I have been very satisfied with it and the quality is evident:

**broken link removed**

I've got the Titan power cage from www.newyorkbarbells.com
I also have the www.ironmaster.com dumbells that go up to 120lbs each. The cage is 3"square steel tube (which is much better than anything smaller). The dumbbells are rock solid and don't take up much room. They come with their own stand too. For flooring go to your local tractor supply or southern states and get horse stall mats. They are 3/4" 4'x6' rubber mats for like $40 ea. Get a few 300lb oly sets on sale for $99 and throw the oly bars that come with them away (or use them for pin presses) spend a few $$ and get a decent bar.

For the bench I have a flat bench from new york barbells too which I use in the cage. I also have a Legend flat/incline bench. It was like $450 but worth every penny.

Last edited:
I have this hammer strength rack right now.... **broken link removed**

works perfectly... not too big of a footprint as compared to some of the other racks.

HEY...

Look into Ironmaster.
A smith machine but it may suit your needs for alot of things..

Thank You All For The Suggestions! WOW! You guys really came through with some great ones here! I knew I'd get some good stuff from you fella's!

elitefts.com also has a wide variety of selections to choose from, its more expensive but they have great customer service

I think this is the one I will be getting soon, they are not cheap but the quality seems to be there.

**broken link removed**

I've got the Titan power cage from www.newyorkbarbells.com
I also have the www.ironmaster.com dumbells that go up to 120lbs each. The cage is 3"square steel tube (which is much better than anything smaller). The dumbbells are rock solid and don't take up much room. They come with their own stand too. For flooring go to your local tractor supply or southern states and get horse stall mats. They are 3/4" 4'x6' rubber mats for like $40 ea. Get a few 300lb oly sets on sale for $99 and throw the oly bars that come with them away (or use them for pin presses) spend a few $$ and get a decent bar.

For the bench I have a flat bench from new york barbells too which I use in the cage. I also have a Legend flat/incline bench. It was like $450 but worth every penny.

We have the rack, a bench, and pulldown/row machine from them and they are heavy duty. Built very well and the price is great. When you compare the quality to other brands they are just as good or better than those costing many times more. You can call them on the phone and talk to one of the enigneers who designed the equipement. They answer all your questions. Only complaint I have is the bench is way too high off of the ground. Even I feel this way and Im 6 foot tall.

We have the rack, a bench, and pulldown/row machine from them and they are heavy duty. Built very well and the price is great. When you compare the quality to other brands they are just as good or better than those costing many times more. You can call them on the phone and talk to one of the enigneers who designed the equipement. They answer all your questions. Only complaint I have is the bench is way too high off of the ground. Even I feel this way and Im 6 foot tall.

I agree. I'm 6'4" tall and I got their F/I/D bench first and it was still too tall for me. I then bought this bench and it's perfect. http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/5900.html

After that I needed a new F/I/D bench so i bought this one **broken link removed**

it's the 3103 bench. It's $415 but worth every penny.

I agree. I'm 6'4" tall and I got their F/I/D bench first and it was still too tall for me. I then bought this bench and it's perfect. http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/5900.html

After that I needed a new F/I/D bench so i bought this one **broken link removed**

it's the 3103 bench. It's $415 but worth every penny.

That Legend 4-way bench is pretty sweet too. Can do incline or decline and not much more than the 3-way bench.

I rely on dips for the my only decline movements. I use the NYBarbells flat bench for my bench pressing so I only use my Legend bench for incline dumbbell work and for shoulders.

The bad thing about being tall is that a lot of equipment doesn't fit me too well. I also have a lat pulldown machine from NY Barbells but while seated and my arms completely extended I have like 2" of slack in the cables.

So another plus of the Titan power rack is that is has a pullup bar built in. Having to rely on pullups for my primary latpulldown type movement actually helped me build a much stronger back than if the lat pulldown machine fit correctly.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131