over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

prohormone users

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
For those that are taking prohormones, have your 17-ketosteroids level checked.

What Abnormal Results Mean
Increased levels of 17-ketosteroids may indicate:

Adrenal tumor
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (very rare)
Cushing syndrome
Testicular cancer

Is that in a regular bloodwork or special request?

Urine test, you have to colect the urin for 24 hours.
For adult males expected value is 6-21

In 1998 I did with a few people, the urine test was with Mayo labs.
The prohormone users levels where over 104.

Is not all prohormones the same, prohomones have no back up study on safety, so you need to check for your self before is to late.

For those that are taking prohormones, have your 17-ketosteroids level checked.

What Abnormal Results Mean
Increased levels of 17-ketosteroids may indicate:

Adrenal tumor
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (very rare)
Cushing syndrome
Testicular cancer

Emeric,
Should someone be concerned if they used prohormones in the distant past or is this only a concern for present users?

Emeric,
Should someone be concerned if they used prohormones in the distant past or is this only a concern for present users?

If you would have any problem form the prohormone you would know, your testis would hurt. Is always good to have a urine or blood test before using any prohormones or hormones.

If you would have any problem form the prohormone you would know, your testis would hurt. Is always good to have a urine or blood test before using any prohormones or hormones.

Okay,Yeah i used them when they first came out in late 90's.Good info ,thank you Emeric.

Emeric -- So this should be done for prohormone usage, but not for normal orals? For example, I am currently using Hdrol, a OTC version of turinabol from CEL. It was simply easier and cheaper for me to run to the store and get Hdrol than order real turinabol from a sponsor, and it is working great. Didn't figure I was potentially putting myself at greater risk....?

Don't have this test done if you're currently taking prohormones. The prohormones will make the test positive. Examples of 17-ketosteroids include:

* Androstenedione
* Androsterone
* Estrone
* Dehydroepiandrosterone

Emeric -- So this should be done for prohormone usage, but not for normal orals? For example, I am currently using Hdrol, a OTC version of turinabol from CEL. It was simply easier and cheaper for me to run to the store and get Hdrol than order real turinabol from a sponsor, and it is working great. Didn't figure I was potentially putting myself at greater risk....?

We know what are the side efects with normal orals, but we don`t know with the prohormones, so yes I would have the test with the prohormones, before and during of use.

I wasn't aware that pro-hormones were still being made?

Don't have this test done if you're currently taking prohormones. The prohormones will make the test positive. Examples of 17-ketosteroids include:

* Androstenedione
* Androsterone
* Estrone
* Dehydroepiandrosterone

Yes, and positive is not good for you, especially if you positive for a longer time.

Yes, and positive is not good for you, especially if you positive for a longer time.

Not if its caused by a drug. The high reading would be directly caused by the prohormones. Let me give another example.

Say someone is eating a normal diet and they test positive for ketones. That's a problem. Probably DM. Now lets say someone has eaten a high fat, low protein, 0 carb diet for one week and tests positive for ketones. Well, that's not necessarily DM. The presence of ketones is probably due to the diet.

How to prepare for the test:

Your health care provider will instruct you, if necessary, to discontinue drugs that may interfere with the test.

Drugs that can increase 17-ketosteroids measurements include

* Antibiotics
* Chloramphenicol
* Chlorpromazine
* Dexamethasone
* Meprobamate
* Phenothiazines
* Quinidine
* Secobarbital
* Spironolactone

Drugs that can decrease 17-ketosteroids measurements include:

* Birth control pills
* Estrogens
* Probenecid
* Promazine
* Reserpine
* Salicylates (prolonged use)
* Thiazide diuretics

Definition of 17-ketosteroids:

17-ketosteroids are substances that form when the body breaks down male steroid sex hormones called androgens and other hormones released by part of the adrenal gland in males and females, and in the testes in males

**broken link removed**

I wasn't aware that pro-hormones were still being made?

Yeah, just like anything else you can still find them on the net...Guys in my gym love prohormones...:eek:

Just make sure you take a liver supp (livercare works great) with your phs to help maintain good health and to theoretically negate the negative effects of the phs.

Not if its caused by a drug. The high reading would be directly caused by the prohormones. Let me give another example.

Say someone is eating a normal diet and they test positive for ketones. That's a problem. Probably DM. Now lets say someone has eaten a high fat, low protein, 0 carb diet for one week and tests positive for ketones. Well, that's not necessarily DM. The presence of ketones is probably due to the diet.

**broken link removed**

Yes, and if is elevated for a longer time the person can and up with serious healt problems.

I am asking those thet contected me having serious testicular problem by taking prohormone, to come on the forum and lat the rest of PM members know which prohormone was taking.

I used M1T back in 04 for 8 Weeks at 40mg/day and i had problems with erections for a solid year at least, that stuff was toxic

thanx 4 the heads up ...

Prohormones

I used them with no issues but I had a buddy end up in the hospital over it, inch away from liver & kidney failure. I think he may have drank on it which is a serioous no-no.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws