over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for Doggcrapp, Dirk, Phil..

Fullybuilt, don't drop the ball man. I'm just trying to figure out what the consensus with the development of the 300 pound stage ready bodybuilder is. I think we are getting somewhere. Validate what you are saying, but the way you are coming across is invalidating it.

There's no reason to keep asking Phil the same questions. THERE ARE GENETICALLY GIFTED (READ GENETICALLY RESPONSIVE) guys and girls out there who do grow tremendously on very small, what we would perceive to be relatively healthy dosages.

Phil has no reason to be deceptive that back in 1993 he took 4g or 1g of gear. If he did, he did, what would it earn him now to be deceptive about it? Absolutely nothing. Nothing to lose, nothing to gain. I wholeheartedly believe what Phil, Vander and a couple other national level guys (bboy) have stated.

Phil has been very open about the negative aspects of the industry in all aspects and believe me, alot of prospective guys couldn't deal with his openness about it, but he is trying to prepare them for the possible disappointment and exploitation that may lay ahead.

If Phil had problems with high dosages himself he would put it out there (it's not going to put any egg on his face). He is against high dosages whole heartedly and asking people to learn from his experience, but he can't force you. He thrived on the dosages he stated, but he still knows the other side of the coin, probably from alot of firsthand friendships and he's cautioning against it.

Fullybuilt, I say those things about Phil, even though we've exchanged some barbs back and forth, but I feel he can be taken at face value and I know when he's slinging it and when he's not. You cannot be a better judge of character than I am, doesn't matter if I've met you in person or not. Hell he even labeled me a smurf and can't stand the fact that I think a certain model (Quads) looks phenomenal and can go as far as he wants in bodybuilding if he so chose. ;)

I personally have known a guy who looked phenomenal on no more than 500mg of Deca (nothing else) and I know a plethera of guys that look phenomenal, average and bloated on 3g. Shows ya the genetically responsive difference.

doggcrapp has shown both sides of the coin, which I appreciate. He stated some numbers that he has been privy to that was up in the stratosphere and has already stated the low end. The way he was coming across on the other thread, was if you can't compete on a high professional level with 1g per week, hang up your lifting straps.

I believe if that was made an IFBB rule, the list of competitors would be very small, boiling it down to those genetic elite that are extremely, extremely, extremely few and far between.

Every one knows how I prefer the classic (underdeveloped) physique, so I would welcome competitive bodybuilding with a max on gear usage of no more than 500mg per week. I think the competitors would look phenomenal and it would weed out the guys who are jeopardizing their health to keep up.

Not gonna happen in the real, competitive world, ever.

brooklyn, you broke down everything good. I still have to disagree with you on training and nutrition adding those 30 pounds. Mentzer never overtrained and even though you may not agree with his nutritional theories, no one put more actual science behind it than him. Phil disliked him, so maybe he'll set me straight on how stupid he really was. :p

It's hard to find a more respected guru than Milos, yet he's a 4g per week guy (when the magic begins) and as the above link showed, believes that insulin is the x-factor.

I'm sure there are some guys who have done everything but insulin, igf and gh and built amazing physiques and then have added those compounds. I wonder what their stage weight increased to, if at all.

I do know one thing and Phil, dirk, doggcrapp, Vander, BigA, anyone on the board can agree with. There are more threads about gh, insulin and igf out there than ever. There are TONS of guys, competitive and even more so not competitive who are experementing with this or have gone into it full blown.

Why so? If it's not the X factor, why even mess with it? gh I personally don't believe should be lumped in there, especially for guys 35-40+, it has it's merits (imo). But young guys doing mega iu dosages, may not be very healthy long term, even with gh, let alone igf and insulin.

All signs point to that being more of a red flag for stage weight than food or training. Different training and nutrient intake my have fine tuned someone like Paris or Mentzer, but wouldn't slap that much mass on them (20-30 pounds of stageweight).

KillerStack said:
I have to disagree with nutrition changing that much. It doesn't account for the size increase in the last 2 decades for example IMO. Now if you said guys today eat more then maybe yeah in many cases they eat more than the old-timers. But what has really changed with nutrition, what has gotten more advanced? Rice, potatoes, oatmeal, chicken, red meat, eggs... what's advanced with this? The best physiques are still built with basic nutrition. Then you have the several pros who live to a large degree on junk food in the off-season.
Protein drinks have made it easier to consume more high quality protein easier but apart from convenience does protein powder make you pack on more muscle compared to whole food protein? Nope, in my opinion. There are some huge beasts who rarely even drink protein shakes. Tom Prince comes to mind as one who thought it was crap. He said he would only rarely drink them and that whole food was much better.

Post workout nutrition seems a huge thing nowadays. Yes a quick carb/protein feeding help with recovery and growth in the long run but not every pro does this. For example in Ronnies vid he goes out to eat at a restaurant post workout and on Mayhem a kid asks "but doesn't Ronnie get a recovery drink immediately after?", Chad replies "no he ate before the workout and he eats 45 minutes after so he is fine" LOL... remember that the "science" of post workout shakes etc are fueled to a large degree by supplement companies to sell product. IMO it's not as critical as it's made out to be as long as you eat regularly throughout the day. You will have carbs and aminos floating in your bloodstream at all times if you do this anyway. This is not to say post workout nutrition wont make any difference at all but just to put it in perspective.

JMHO. :)

good post !

JETHRO TULL said:
ALL I HAVE LEFT TO SAY IS......I HAVE KNOWN MANY PEOPLE...AND IN COLLEGE I HAD WICKED HOOKUPS....FOR SOME THINGS. DUE TO MY AGRICULTURAL BACKGROUND. I WAS ALWAYS TOO WORRIED I'D BE RUINING THE BODY GOD GAVE ME OR I'D PROBABLY TAKEN A LOT OF STUFF. SEVERAL TIMES I FELT GUILTY AND THREW STUFF AWAY.

THAT BEING SAID....PEOPLE ALWAYS THOUGHT I WAS ON...EVEN WHEN I WASN'T....AND THEY'D WANT SHIT. I AM A FRIENDLY BASTARD AND WAS BUDS WITH ABOUT EVERY ATHLETE AT THE UNIVERSITY. SO, I'D GET IT FOR THEM. SOME OF THESE GUYS HAD MONEY....AND COULD AFFORD TO TAKE QUITE A BIT OF STUFF. AND.....YEAH, THEY DID GROW WELL....AND DID GET STRONG.

NOT SUBSTANTIALLY BIGGER OR STRONGER THAN I WAS THOUGH AND ...I'D SEE THESE GUYS TWO YEARS LATER...MANY TIMES THEY'D HAVE QUIT LIFTING. THEY FOUND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO.

THERE WERE ALSO SOME GUYS WHO TOOK A LOT OF SHIT AND DIDN'T GROW THAT MUCH. I'VE KNOWN A MANY, MANY, MANY OF THESE PEOPLE. IT'S FUNNY....I COULDN'T BELIEVE THEY WEREN'T GETTING HUGE! I'D BE JEALOUS TO SOME DEGREE BECAUSE THEY'D BE BUYING ALL THIS SHIT AND WERE GOING TO GET BIGGER THAN I WAS FOR SURE. SEVERAL ROOMATES I HAD AND GAVE INJECTIONS TO REGULARILY! THAT DIDN'T ALWAYS HAPPEN. MOST OF THE TIME IT DIDN'T.

GENETICS AND FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN....DISCIPLINE...BOTH IN THE GYM AND AT THE TABLE. THE TRUTH IS...THERE ARE JUST SOME BIG BASTARDS OUT THERE ROAMING AROUND....MANY PEOPLE WERE BUILT WELL BEFORE THEY EVEN TOUCHED A WEIGHT....YOU GET THESE PEOPLE EATING AND TRAINING CORRECTLY...THEN ADD DRUGS....LOOK OUT!

WHICH GETS BACK TO THE ANALOGY I ALWAYS THINK OF....YOU CAN LOAD A POODLE UP ON ANABOLICS...AND YOU HAVE A PRETTY BIG POODLE. HOWEVER....ALL THE JUICE IN THE WORLD ISN'T GOING TO TURN THAT POODLE INTO A ROTWIELLER.;)

JUST BE HAPPY WITH YOUR EFFORTS TO BUILD THE BEST PHYSIQUE YOU CAN....IF SOMEONE LIKE PHIL OR VANDER DOESN'T HAVE TO TAKE A LOT AND GROWS WELL....BE HAPPY FOR THEM.

THERE ARE SO MANY EXCELLENT BODYBUILDERS ON THIS BOARD THAT I'D BE TOTALLY PISSED ALL THE DAMN TIME IF I COMPARED MYSELF TO THEM AND THOUGHT...."THOSE FUCKERS ARE ALL JUST DRUGGED TO THE GILLS OR I'D LOOK THAT GOOD!" HOW PATHETIC! JUST RELAX AND DO WHAT YOU CAN DO FELLAS.

REMEMBER, MOST GUYS AREN'T SWILLING DOWN TUNA AND APPLE SHAKES ALL DAY LONG LIKE VANDER IS EITHER...PEOPLE FORGET THAT SHIT. TRY THAT DAY IN DAY OUT. PEOPLE JUST THINK IF I TAKE A BUNCH OF STUFF I'LL GET HUGE..! EAT THAT GROSS SHIT...COUNT YOUR PROTEIN GRAMS...LEARN.

TALK TO PHIL ON THE PHONE....IMMEDIATELY YOU REALIZE THIS ISN'T JUST SOME BIG DUMB-FUCK WHO GOT LUCKY. HE HAS EDUCATED HIMSELF ABOUT DIET AND SUPPLEMENTATION TO THE EXTREME.....AND OBVIOUSLY FOLLOWED IT.....SO CUT HIM SOME SLACK. I DISAGREE WITH PHIL AT TIMES...HE CAN BE BLUNT. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH HIM..IGNORE HIS POSTS. SOME GUYS TRAIN DIFFERENTLY THAN HE DOES...FOLLOW A HIGH VOLUME APPROACH AND ARE SUCCESSFUL. EXPERIMENT...SEE WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. MY FAVORITE PHIL MANEUVER? "POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF SO WE CAN SEE YOUR PHYSIQUE"...THESE GUYS NEVER DO! LOL....END OF BATTLE. THAT'S JUST HILARIOUS!

LOOK AT PICS OF JAY CUTLER, RONNIE COLEMAN, AND PHIL WHEN THEY ARE YOUNG.........THEY WERE ALREADY BIG FUCKERS. THAT'S JUST THE LUCK OF THE DRAW GUYS.

THE GUY THAT OWNS THE GYM IN TEXAS WHERE RONNIE TRAINS SAID THE FIRST TIME RONNIE WALKED INTO HIS GYM AT 17 YRS OLD.....HE WAS ALREADY BIG...YOU COULD SEE VEINS IN HIS QUADS THROUGH THE SWEATS HE WAS WEARING! :eek:

LASTLY, I'D SAY I FEEL A LITTLE SORRY FOR BIGA. I KNOW HE'S TRYING TO KEEP THE BOARD DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE BITCHY, BULLSHIT, BOARDS OUT THERE. MAYHEM SUCKS TO A DEGREE BECAUSE OF ALL THE JUVENILE BULLSHIT...GETBIG SUCKS.....FOR THE SAME REASON.

MAYBE SOME GUYS WHO GET ON HERE JUST TO STIR SHIT SHOULD GET KICKED OFF. POST A PICTURE....CONTRIBUTE POSITIVELY...OR GET THE HELL OFF THE BOARD.

Thank you JT! You tend to make more sense then most on this board! Great post!

marshall said:
Fullybuilt, don't drop the ball man. I'm just trying to figure out what the consensus with the development of the 300 pound stage ready bodybuilder is. I think we are getting somewhere. Validate what you are saying, but the way you are coming across is invalidating it.

There's no reason to keep asking Phil the same questions. THERE ARE GENETICALLY GIFTED (READ GENETICALLY RESPONSIVE) guys and girls out there who do grow tremendously on very small, what we would perceive to be relatively healthy dosages.

Phil has no reason to be deceptive that back in 1993 he took 4g or 1g of gear. If he did, he did, what would it earn him now to be deceptive about it? Absolutely nothing. Nothing to lose, nothing to gain. I wholeheartedly believe what Phil, Vander and a couple other national level guys (bboy) have stated.

Phil has been very open about the negative aspects of the industry in all aspects and believe me, alot of prospective guys couldn't deal with his openness about it, but he is trying to prepare them for the possible disappointment and exploitation that may lay ahead.

If Phil had problems with high dosages himself he would put it out there (it's not going to put any egg on his face). He is against high dosages whole heartedly and asking people to learn from his experience, but he can't force you. He thrived on the dosages he stated, but he still knows the other side of the coin, probably from alot of firsthand friendships and he's cautioning against it.

Fullybuilt, I say those things about Phil, even though we've exchanged some barbs back and forth, but I feel he can be taken at face value and I know when he's slinging it and when he's not. You cannot be a better judge of character than I am, doesn't matter if I've met you in person or not. Hell he even labeled me a smurf and can't stand the fact that I think a certain model (Quads) looks phenomenal and can go as far as he wants in bodybuilding if he so chose. ;)

I personally have known a guy who looked phenomenal on no more than 500mg of Deca (nothing else) and I know a plethera of guys that look phenomenal, average and bloated on 3g. Shows ya the genetically responsive difference.

doggcrapp has shown both sides of the coin, which I appreciate. He stated some numbers that he has been privy to that was up in the stratosphere and has already stated the low end. The way he was coming across on the other thread, was if you can't compete on a high professional level with 1g per week, hang up your lifting straps.

I believe if that was made an IFBB rule, the list of competitors would be very small, boiling it down to those genetic elite that are extremely, extremely, extremely few and far between.

Every one knows how I prefer the classic (underdeveloped) physique, so I would welcome competitive bodybuilding with a max on gear usage of no more than 500mg per week. I think the competitors would look phenomenal and it would weed out the guys who are jeopardizing their health to keep up.

Not gonna happen in the real, competitive world, ever.

brooklyn, you broke down everything good. I still have to disagree with you on training and nutrition adding those 30 pounds. Mentzer never overtrained and even though you may not agree with his nutritional theories, no one put more actual science behind it than him. Phil disliked him, so maybe he'll set me straight on how stupid he really was. :p

It's hard to find a more respected guru than Milos, yet he's a 4g per week guy (when the magic begins) and as the above link showed, believes that insulin is the x-factor.

I'm sure there are some guys who have done everything but insulin, igf and gh and built amazing physiques and then have added those compounds. I wonder what their stage weight increased to, if at all.

I do know one thing and Phil, dirk, doggcrapp, Vander, BigA, anyone on the board can agree with. There are more threads about gh, insulin and igf out there than ever. There are TONS of guys, competitive and even more so not competitive who are experementing with this or have gone into it full blown.

Why so? If it's not the X factor, why even mess with it? gh I personally don't believe should be lumped in there, especially for guys 35-40+, it has it's merits (imo). But young guys doing mega iu dosages, may not be very healthy long term, even with gh, let alone igf and insulin.

All signs point to that being more of a red flag for stage weight than food or training. Different training and nutrient intake my have fine tuned someone like Paris or Mentzer, but wouldn't slap that much mass on them (20-30 pounds of stageweight).

Damn, Marshall, now that's a good post.

You guys can argue all you want

But I still believe that the guys are bigger today because of insulin.

Oh and let me say that there are those with no genetic gift then those who just look normal then those with a little bit of helpful genitics and every now and then you see the complete freak.

The answer is.......genetics.

It really is that simple. I fooled myself for years into believing I could get my pro card. Even though I started at a small and weak 135lbs at 5'11" and built myself into an off season beast of 270lbs at the same height, it still wasn't enough.

Guess what? It took massive dosages, some that would make your jaw drop, as well as every drug in the arsenal. Oh and where did it get me? Passed by in every single contest by guys with superior genetics.

Yeah, I made it to the National level. But I got smoked by guys taking a hell of a lot less than me...guess why? They had better genetics. It wasn't because they ate better or trained harder. Not even close. I did it all; ate, slept and breathed bodybuilding.

Phil and DC are right. Lots of top level guys don't take much. Some such as myself had to, just to stay competitive. But guess what? Those guys don't win, they are just getting by. The guys that win are genetically superior in every aspect of the sport; training, nutrition, drugs, etc.

So no amount of drugs is going to make up for your genetic shortcomings. They didn't for me. I never got my pro card. But now I take my years of applied knowledge and train some of the best bodybuilders on the planet. And guess what? They don't take much either.

I look better now on a very small cycle of test at 500mg a week and with some peptides, than I ever did at a combo cycle of 4g + per week.

Last edited:
I think peptides are definitly a safer and better way to go

I think the main difference is that NOW bodybuilding is well known. In the seventies, it wasn't. These days guys with the genetics to become pro bodybuilders are doing so. In the seventies, if you had great genetics, you might never know it because you most likely would never have done any training to realize it. In other words, the genetically elite are drawn to pro bodybuilding. In the seventies, the genetically elite were wasting their potential doing something else.

First of all, the reason I come to this board is to read all of the great info posted by guys like, phil, bigA, dante, lats etc... The reason we are here is to read, learn and bounce around ideas with some of the most knowledgable people in the sport, who are nice enough to let us pick their brains... For that I would like to say thanks!!!
Now as for the question about why guys today are so much bigger now than then... Are we not as a society bigger than we were back in the seventies... This has alot to do with genetics... As was stated above, alot more people are training and choosing bodybuilding as their sport of choice... Is it the amount of drugs that separates the top level guys from everyone else? No!! That couldn't be the case, and let me tell ya why... You know as well as I do that there are guys out there who are pushing the envelope with drug use and are not even getting noticed... There is a black guy who comes in the gym where I train, and he is around 5'9 or so and weighs around 230 or so and looks like he could step on stage at any time... This guy is competely natural!! I know this for a fact!! Huge muscle bellies, small joints and a tiny round waist... The guy never benches over 275 and squats 315... But to look at him you would swear he was juiced to the max and throwing around massive amounts of weight... How is this possible? GENETICS!!! Plain and simple... If he were to jump on a minimal cycle he could be a 270lbs bodybuilder easy! In fact I and many others have tried to convince him to do just that... Hell the guy eats like crap to top it off... Therefore, when guys like Dante and Phil tell ya its genetics, you can damn well believe its genetics... ;)

mike1107 said:
I think peptides are definitly a safer and better way to go
How do we know this? The long term effects of the newer peptides like IGF and MGF are unknown at this point. Guys using these are guinea pigs, taking a big chance with their health IMO. Even Milos Sarcev wont touch IGF still. I think Almost Pro asked him recently and he said he was still scared of it.

Big A said:
Fullybuilt you have your first warning.

No more personal attacks towards anyone!

Ok, I accept this, but its only fair Phil gets a waring as well. Just read back and you will see. You stated no more personal attacks. I stopped and then phil calls me a poser and starts talking shit again. So I know the decision is up to you since you are the mod but he should def get one too.

Anyway, to anwser your question Phil about why I correlate size with the weight of drugs people take. Its b/c i've anwsered this ? 100x. Yes you can be very very big without a lot of drugs, but only to a certain degree. Im not saying you can't look great, but when you get to a certain level, it takes more and more drugs to get better and bigger.

Almost Pro said:
The answer is.......genetics.

It really is that simple. I fooled myself for years into believing I could get my pro card. Even though I started at a small and weak 135lbs at 5'11" and built myself into an off season beast of 270lbs at the same height, it still wasn't enough.

Guess what? It took massive dosages, some that would make your jaw drop, as well as every drug in the arsenal. Oh and where did it get me? Passed by in every single contest by guys with superior genetics.

Yeah, I made it to the National level. But I got smoked by guys taking a hell of a lot less than me...guess why? They had better genetics. It wasn't because they ate better or trained harder. Not even close. I did it all; ate, slept and breathed bodybuilding.

Phil and DC are right. Lots of top level guys don't take much. Some such as myself had to, just to stay competitive. But guess what? Those guys don't win, they are just getting by. The guys that win are genetically superior in every aspect of the sport; training, nutrition, drugs, etc.

So no amount of drugs is going to make up for your genetic shortcomings. They didn't for me. I never got my pro card. But now I take my years of applied knowledge and train some of the best bodybuilders on the planet. And guess what? They don't take much either.

I look better now on a very small cycle of test at 500mg a week and with some peptides, than I ever did at a combo cycle of 4g + per week.

Excellent post my freind that's why I respect you as you are brutally honest about things and post REAL world experience not "what I heard" or some fantasy beliefs in the Juice Fairy.

FULLYBUILT

Fullybuilt said:
Ok, I accept this, but its only fair Phil gets a waring as well. Just read back and you will see. You stated no more personal attacks. I stopped and then phil calls me a poser and starts talking shit again. So I know the decision is up to you since you are the mod but he should def get one too.

Anyway, to anwser your question Phil about why I correlate size with the weight of drugs people take. Its b/c i've anwsered this ? 100x. Yes you can be very very big without a lot of drugs, but only to a certain degree. Im not saying you can't look great, but when you get to a certain level, it takes more and more drugs to get better and bigger.

You say grams, 4 grams this 3 grams that???? Grams is just a weight measurement. It is like saying that pros take 1/4 of a pound of AAS and amateurs take 1/8 of a pound. You can not talk in terms of weight when speaking of AAS, you must state which drugs specifically you are talking about. 50mg of anadrol is a lot different than 50mg of anavar or 50 mg of d-bol or 50 mg of testosterone enanthate or 50 mg of tren. Do you understand this concept?

Soooo if I work out take steroids and eat eggs Ill get bigger????
J/K
this shit is giving me a head ache... its like argueing what kills the most: the bullet,the gun, or the finger that pulled the trigger....hey?!? remember Cybergenics? LOL
I think Arnold summed it up when he said you have to have the right set of parents. its a lot about genitics when it comes to winning shows.
I dont think genetics determine how big you get, that is up to many factors.

Last edited:
I've tried higher doses before, nothing out of this world but probably 2g tops. And I will tell you, so far my best cycle ever was 500-750mg of test enth per week and 250-300mg EQ a week.

I dont understand why (FB) you need to try and convince yourself Phil is lying to you about dosages, etc. Just because you are not growing off a bit of test and deca it doesnt mean there are others out there that arent.

A good friend of mine, who has been training for a long time now naturally. Decided to get into competing. He looked good before, very lean and good genetics you can see it, just lacked size. One 8 week cycle later of Deca and Prop and he looks like a different person. His arms are freaky, chest, delts all there...he looks ready to hit the national stage after his first real cycle after a mere 10 weeks I shit you not!

So trust me these guys ARE out there.

I get guys like you come up to me at the gym all the time asking me what I must be taking. I tell them that I'm on some Cyp and thats it. They cannot believe it, because they are 190lbs soaking wet, pounding back the slin, test, tren, deca and Dbol or anadrol pills, but I'm leaner than them even when I'm bulking, I'm bigger than them, even when I'm OFF cycle, and I'm stronger than them.

I dont care how devoted to the BBing lifestyle you are or how hard you train and how much shit you have to, or think you have to take. There are guys out there who pretty much just have to look at the weights and they will grow, can eat McDonalds every day of the week, and take a few shots of sustanon and turn out to be beasts. It all comes down to G E N E T I C S my friend, it's not hard to understand, it really isnt.

tru dat!!!!

JETHRO TULL said:

MAYBE SOME GUYS WHO GET ON HERE JUST TO STIR SHIT SHOULD GET KICKED OFF. POST A PICTURE....CONTRIBUTE POSITIVELY...OR GET THE HELL OFF THE BOARD.

got to agree with this..... not much more needs to be said!!!!
gooey

BCGuy said:
I dont care how devoted to the BBing lifestyle you are or how hard you train and how much shit you have to, or think you have to take. There are guys out there who pretty much just have to look at the weights and they will grow, can eat McDonalds every day of the week, and take a few shots of sustanon and turn out to be beasts. It all comes down to G E N E T I C S my friend, it's not hard to understand, it really isnt.

Well, this is getting a little off base.

We all agree that genetics are what seperates the cream from the milk, no arguments from anyone. AlmostPro made a great post about that.

I (we) are talking about how did the genetic elite from today as compared to the genetic elite from 25 years ago gain 20-40 pounds of pure stage weight.

How did a genetic freak like 5 '8" Mike Mentzer go from the 210's, on stage, to the Gustavo Badell's pushing 250 @ 5'8. How did Coleman go from 250 - 300 lean, is he doing anything different than Bob Paris @ 225?

Nutrition? I don't know, other than quality protein powder making it more convenient to get in your optimal nutrients, food and what grows muscle hasn't changed, no groundbreaking knowledge there.

Training? No

Evolution? No

Supplements? Well, the argument is that alot more guys than are believed are doing very conservative dosages, I have no problem believing that, however this same thought process would also apply to 1989, 1984 and 1979.

So we have a 5'8" Mentzer and a 5'8" Badell, both eating properly, training properly, doing ballpark area dosages (just to be fair). How does Badell have him outweighed by 25-40 pounds?

How does a 6ft Coleman outweigh a 6ft Paris by 70 pounds. Hard to imagine having better genetics for the sport than Bob Paris (pillow biting aside).

3 major things have changed supplement wise: igf, insulin and synthetic gh.

Are these products what is making the difference and allowing these guys to still use conservative amounts of AAS, but add the extra 20-50 pounds of mass that their genetic counterparts from 25 years ago couldn't add?

thats a good point.
RC was pretty small (relative to how big he is now) so why the massive jump in muscle mass in such a few short years. Look at him at his first Mr O and look at him at his first Mr O victory... something was increased. Was it more food? or drugs? Or both? he ALREADY HAD THE GENETICS.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131