over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

question on fasted cardio/training?

beans

Registered
I any trying to lean up a bit and was going to try fasted cardio in the am but I can only train at that time too. should I eat something small, train, then do cardio? I have thought of taking lbas instead of eating a meal also.

That would be similar to the "intermittent fasting or IF" way of training. Dudes are putting on muscle and leaning at the same time. I do a version of IF. Last meal is 8pm I train(cardio & weights) from 9am-11am then have a big ass meal at around 1130. So dudes only have like a 6hr eating window though.

If you have the energy to get thru it all then trying it is the only way to tell if its gonna work for you. There are gonna be people that say no you shouldnt and people that say yeah its fine.

I any trying to lean up a bit and was going to try fasted cardio in the am but I can only train at that time too. should I eat something small, train, then do cardio? I have thought of taking lbas instead of eating a meal also.

Last edited:

If you weren't going to try the IF method and preferred to eat something, I would have something the is easy for you to digest, and LBAs would probably work since they have both protein and carbs. I'd also have some EAAs while I was training and then do cardio after training and have your PWO meal/shake or what have you. I think this would give you enough energy to push hard with your training and allow you to use the cardio for fat loss. But this is also given you need something in you before you train and don't want to use IF. If you did train fasted I would have some EAAs during training.

Just my $0.02......

I know I need at least a little something in me when I train or I feel kind of dizzy after heavy sets.

I would try the IF but I stay hungry and idk if that would be possible. I'll try lba's and hope that holds me over...I usually train an hour after I wake up so I'm already starving

I working first thing in the morning as well before work. I am a family man so I cannot workout after work I'd rather spend time with my sons.

Basically I get up at 530am slam back some coffee and a whey/oats shake. I usually do weights for 30-40 minutes and then I do higher intensity cardio for 20 minutes or so. My gym is a 8 minute drive from my house so I usually head back home and my post workout meal is egg whites with toast and jam.

I've tried doing early morning cardio on an empty stomach then slamming down a shake with whey/oats just after my cardio and hitting weights but I the food hasn't settled in my stomach and on a leg or back day doing heavy weights I don't feel good.

I honestly think I get more outta high intensity cardio anyways.

I'd also have some EAAs while I was training and then do cardio after training and have your PWO meal/shake or what have you. If you did train fasted I would have some EAAs during training.

Now are you suggesting this because EAA's allegedly retard catabolism in the fasted state? Reading the other posts, I know I get exhausted without any kind of carbs before morning exercise; trying to run and/or do heavy work ruins me on empty. Have you tried this particular method and noticed and serious advantage over going full empty stomach?

interesting

i was curious about
this
this IMO

even if you have LBAs
wouldnt that defeat the purpose of fasted cardio
i dont think it would affect fatloss very much but

i would train weights(sippin some bcaas)
then after weights 20 min of cardio
no more

glycogen has been depleted so cardio after weights should work well
do u will be using fat as energy

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner