over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RAW MILK -what are the risks?

omoplata

Registered
I know a couple guys here drink raw milk regularly. If I understand correctly, you guys do not boil or treat it in any way before drinking.

How safe is this -if you trust your supplier but cannot be 100% sure of course, since no body can be...

What are the risks? Are we talking potentially serious consequences or merely stomach ache if things go bad?

Do a search. It's very safe assuming you are getting it from a farmer who has healthy cows and are fed grass. Milk typically lasts 10-14 days and is absolutely wonderful and much much better for you. Find a farmer near you that does it and go visit the farm...can't get more sure than that.

Home: THE FACTS ABOUT REAL RAW MILK - A Campaign for Real MilkA Campaign for Real Milk | A Project of the Weston A. Price Foundation
Weston A Price

Couldn't agree more. Raw milk is the only way to go.

Get milk from healthy animals, and you'll be fine. If you get raw milk from the conventional factory farm dairy cows... You'll probably die.

If you really want to learn about raw milk you should also research the difference between A1 and A2 milk. Might give you some insight as to why so many people have problems with dairy.

This is a GREAT book!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Untold-Story-Milk-Revised-Updated/dp/0979209528/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422634532&sr=8-1&keywords=untold+story+of+milk"]The Untold Story of Milk, Revised and Updated: The History, Politics and Science of Nature's Perfect Food: Raw Milk from Pasture-Fed Cows: Ron Schmid: 9780979209529: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411iz%2BiA9QL.@@AMEPARAM@@411iz%2BiA9QL[/ame]

I personally never will go this route again. I got super sick in 2007 from drinking raw milk. I didn't sleep for a week, i was on the toilet about 22 hours a day and when i finally thought I was going to die I went to the emergency room. My stomach was in a painful knotting feeling the entire time. Im not trying to scare anyone because i know my case doesn't happen all the time. I just never want to feel like that again.

You also want to ask the farmer what kind of breed he is milking and if he/she has had them specifically tested to be A-2.:lightbulb:

Here is an excerpt from my farmer's newsletter explaining some things.

Alicia says I was as clear as mud when writing about the A-2 milk last time so here is my attempt at clearing it up a bit. Recently we have had several questions come to us Re: the type of breed we use for our milking cows. In fact one time a gal called and her only inquiry was, “do you milk Jersey cows?”. When Alicia responded that we do indeed milk Jerseys along with Devons and that we are actually moving toward a Devon herd she quickly became disinterested and hung up! It has seemed lately that more and more customers are interested in milk from purely Jersey cows and we think it may have to do with A1/A2 beta casein. A1 is the milk protein that is harder, overall for people to digest and has been linked to serious illnesses such as: heart disease, autism, type 1 diabetes, etc.. Milk that contains the A2 beta casein has no such ills attached to it and, according to research, is better assimilated by humans. As more and more people find out about this the more people want the A2 milk. We found on one very successful blog that is based out of Tampa, FL, a video Re: A1/A2 beta casein. The video purports that milk from Jersey cows is A2 but if you do your own research or read the book Devil in the Milk you will find that such a blanket statement is just not true. When we first started farming we definitely started with jerseys because they tend to have creamier milk and are not as “bred up” for milk production as the Holstein. Unfortunately, Jersey cows are next in line as far as genetically being bred for increased milk production and in the dairy industry, referred to as “the brown Holstein” by some. We have since learned that there are heirloom milking breeds that have not been tainted genetically and therefore do superior on grass and are able to maintain body weight while producing milk for their calves and once/day milking. These heirloom or heritage breeds tend to contain the double A2 milk protein that is easier for humans to digest. According to the former A2 Corporation, only about 35% of the Jersey cows are Double A-2 and this number has been proven somewhat accurate by farmers who have actually taken the steps to test their cows. In the book Devil in the Milk by Keith Woodford he states this number can vary greatly from Jersey herd to Jersey herd, depending on genetics. Of 25 Jersey cows we had genetically tested here at FCF, only 7 were double A-2, (28%). The biggest surprise for us here was that our mini or heritage old time Jerseys were not even A-2. So even “old fashioned,” heritage Jerseys are NOT necessarily A-2 unless tested.
We have been breeding our Jersey cows to a Double A-2 milking Devon bull for 7 years now and are gradually increasing to an A2 milking herd. The milking Devon is an old heritage breed that has slightly higher fat and protein than Jerseys. We feel that the hardiness and docility of these animals is highly superior to Jerseys. A comparison would be heirloom veggies vs hybrid or GMO ones.
When I was a kid growing up on a dairy farm a Holstein cow that gave 100 lbs (11-12 gal) of milk a day was big stuff but today that is nothing and many Jerseys are known for that kind of production now. The modern Jersey cow has been bred for high production which requires grain feeding. Monsanto loves this kind of breeding and promotes it strongly. This is something we do not support and found early on that we HAD to find a different breed to work with.
In summary, in order to know if you are drinking double A2 you need to ask your farmer if he/she has had them tested and what the test results showed.

Used raw milk in the past only advice would be that when you first start drinking it start with small amounts and work your way up over a few days. I didn't and got nasty cramps for one night lol not pleasant.

Other than that, no complaints and felt good.

I did this in highs school to put on muscle.
Raw certified milk. One quart, three times a day in between breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I didn't know where to find it anymore.

There is a huge difference in taste, it's real good but in some states it's illegal to sell.Goat milk is good to

I had raw goat's milk and goat cheese when I was in Romania. That stuff is strong, but they said it is very healthy for you.

My almost 3 year old drinks a gallon of raw milk per week. It only lasts 10 days; definately a different taste on day 11. He has a very good diet in general but there is no doubt he is bigger, more athletic, more talkative than kids his age. I also feed him grass fed beef, grass fed butter, organic fruits and veggies.

As long as you know the farmer its coming from you will be fine. I grew up on a dairy farm and drank raw milk into my mid twenties; my dad decided he wanted to raise beef after 30 years of milking cows so now I eat grass fed beef. :)

Knight9's story is famaliar to me as I have heard my dad speak about genetically enginered dairy animals. Its quite easy to do as practically all dairy animals are artificially inseminated; just open up the Select Sires website and you can pick the finest bull that creates high producing milk cows.....Select Sires

We milked primarly holsteins and had a few jerseys....all are animals roamed around in fields and enjoyed their day in the sunshine eating grass. The milk we drank I milked by hand into a bucket....old school. I would pour the bucket of milk through a chesscloth into glass gallon jars and put in a fridge. When it was cold we would scoop the top layer of cream off put into a quart jar and shake it for an hour while we watched tv at night....thats how we made butter. We never got sick from our milk.

As long as you know the farmer its coming from you will be fine. I grew up on a dairy farm and drank raw milk into my mid twenties; my dad decided he wanted to raise beef after 30 years of milking cows so now I eat grass fed beef. :)

Knight9's story is famaliar to me as I have heard my dad speak about genetically enginered dairy animals. Its quite easy to do as practically all dairy animals are artificially inseminated; just open up the Select Sires website and you can pick the finest bull that creates high producing milk cows.....Select Sires

We milked primarly holsteins and had a few jerseys....all are animals roamed around in fields and enjoyed their day in the sunshine eating grass. The milk we drank I milked by hand into a bucket....old school. I would pour the bucket of milk through a chesscloth into glass gallon jars and put in a fridge. When it was cold we would scoop the top layer of cream off put into a quart jar and shake it for an hour while we watched tv at night....thats how we made butter. We never got sick from our milk.

I am extremely jealous

Jersey cows from a small farm is where I get my raw milk..I drink almost a gallon a day and have done a couple raw milk fasts where I only drank milk and ate zero food for a few days...it's good stuff!!

Sucks when I run out cause the homo pastuerized stuff tastes so nasty now

I spent some time on my grandmother's farm in Puerto Rico as a kid and we had a cow we would milk ed.

You just have to keep an eye on the health of the cow.

Look for mucous in the milk or wierd smell/color..

Otherwise it's totally safe and tastes sooooo good!

All replies were very helpful; thanks a ton guys...

I actually did start drinking raw milk and the taste is definitely so much better. I really don't think it is possible to go back to the regular stuff after getting used to the raw variety.
What I really love is how the fat coats the side of the glass; that right there makes you feel like you got something potent and rich in your glass. Just love sipping it a little at a time and seeing the color of the glass turn white...

I'm lactose intolerant and can't drink regular dairy milk yet with raw milk I digest it fine. Tastes incredible compared to reg milk. Can get quite addictive. Great for bulking and immune health not so good when dieting as it's literally so good especially when making protein shakes with them

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws