over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RAW MILK

anyone in Ohio know where you can purchase this? I read where it is illegal here to sell raw milk and its products, but there is a way around it. Here you purchase stock in the farm, about $250, and then you are just given the milk from your cows. In this way you are not buying the milk, just getting the milk from the cows you own. You pay a fee each month and get about 3 gals a week. Anyone know of such a place in Ohio? If so please contact me via PM, I am very interested in giving this a try!

cream or half/half from the grocery

Would cream or half/half from the grocery produce any good effects, or would it not be worth the trouble since its produced from pastuerized milk?

"RHEO H. BLAIR
Nutrition's Man from
the Future

Here in the 21st century our society takes great pride in the advancements a century and a half of industrialization has brought us. From cellphones to hybrid cars to ketchup squeezebottles, the benefits of modern technology have given us a certain confidence that these are the best of times.

This is especially true of the diet industry. After decades of conflicting viewpoints and allegiances to trends, nutritionists have finally reached a consensus (or as close to one as can ever be hoped for) as to the general proportions of macronutrients that constitutes a healthy diet. A high-protein, moderate-fat, low-carbohydrate diet , referred to by some as a "ketogenic diet," is the one which has ultimately shone through as a beacon of effective weight regulation in a cloudy sea of diet fads.

And, as with all of our technological advances, we have decades of progress via new and advanced research techniques to thank for our dietary discovery. After all, no one could have ever come up with a ketogenic diet way back in, say, the 1950's! Right?

Think again.

The Real "Magic" Johnson
Irvin Johnson was a young nutritionist and chemist with a desire to bring order to the chaos that was the diet industry of the early 50's. During this post-war period Johnson saw the need to formulate a nutritional gameplan that could counter the rapid emergence of prepackaged, processed foods.

By way of a combination of informed intuition and using himself as a guinea pig Johnson soon discovered that by limiting carbohydrate intake while increasing the amount of protein and fat in one's diet, bodyweight can be effectively regulated. And the best part was that, with a minor variation in the quantity of these nutrients one consumed, the diet plan could be used as effectively for weight loss as for weight gain.

The Secret Word is: "Mother"
But it wasn't just any forms of protein and fat that would do the trick.

High protein diets were already being pushed by fitness lifestyle entrepreneurs Joe Weider and Bob Hoffman who each sold soy-based powders through their respective publications. But Johnson knew that, while soy protein is the cheapest form to obtain it is not a very effective protein source because it is has a comparatively low level of the essential amino acid methionine.

He rationalized that the highest quality protein in terms of supporting human growth and well-being would be found closer to home– in mother's milk. It is the food that has been honed by millions of years of evolution to nourish newborns and carry them through their most rapid period of growth. Plus, enzymes found in milk, such as colostrum and lactoferrin, were believed to have powerful immune system-enhancing properties. Therefore human milk (or a suitable alternative) would certainly be a better protein choice than soy for his clients.

With the logistics of acquiring sufficient human milk being what it is, Johnson turned to the simplist alternative– cow's milk. Unfortunately, he would discover that cow's milk contains different ratios of the essential amino acids from human milk. To get around this deficiency he mixed dried whole egg powder with the powdered milk protein to create the first "milk and egg" protein supplement.

By the late 50's Johnson's plan had worked so successfully for so many clients that he saw the potential in taking his prouct to a wider audience. It was time for Irvin Johnson to mass market his discovery.

"R" is for Rheo
In addition to being a nutritional genius, Irvin Johnson was a discipile of the occult and a student of numerology. So, before delving into his business venture he decided to consult a professional numerologist to see if he had the numbers that would add up to success.

He did not.

According to his advisor, the letters I-R-V-I-N J-O-H-N-S-O-N just wouldn't do for a prospective businessman. For one thing, there weren't the right number of letters. For another, there needed to be more "R's." The result? Rheo H. Blair, a couture designer-sounding name that would soon be visible on protein canisters and dessicated liver tablet bottles across the North American continent.

The Proof is in the Pudding
As Rheo Blair products began to fill the shelves of health food stores his reputation as a nutritional miracle man grew. Stories abounded of the amazing physical transformations he performed on hundreds of "hopeless cases," regularly turning 97-pound weaklings into strapping men by way of a pudding-like mix of his protein powder and heavy cream and a vigorous volume-based weight training routine.

In one amazing example Blair personally coached a scrawny 15-year-old boy at the request of his father, who wanted his son to know the confidence that comes from being brawny.

The boy was brought to Blair weighing in at 99 pounds. Blair immediately put him on a six-meal-a-day plan (bucking the conventional diet scheme of three-a-day) with meals consisting of either his pudding shake or red meat and vegetables. He forbade the boy to eat fruit of any kind on the grounds that it consists of "empty" calories and that its high sugar content causes spikes and drops in insulin levels.

By the time the boy left the Blair compound he weighed in at a heavily muscled 150 pounds– a 51 lb. increase in just three months [Iron Man, Dec. 67/Jan.68]!

Similar results were being reported by even advanced bodybuilders on the Blair system. In an article in the May 1967 issue of Iron Man magazine a bodybuilder wrote, 'After being on Rheo's program for only three weeks, I made more gains than I had in the past six years. I put almost a half-inch on my arms. And after two months I [put on] almost 20 pounds [of pure muscle]."

Soon bodybuilding pros who could receive endless supplies of Weider and Hoffman products were paying regular visits to Blair and buying his supplements. Frank Zane, Dave Draper, Lou Ferrigno and Arnold Schwarzenegger all "secretly" used Blair's powder while promoting Weider's version.
Larry Scott and Vince Gironda
photo: larryscott.com

Bodybuilding guru Vince Gironda was a particularly strong supporter of Blair's methods and insisted use of Rheo Blair products by all the pupils at hisHollywood health club which included first Mr. Olympia Larry Scott and movie stars James Garner and Clint Eastwood.

The Hollywood Connection
Ever the visionary, Blair quickly realized the potential in marketing his system to the most body-conscious group of people in the world– the Hollywood set. He set up shop a few blocks from Paramount and 20th Century Fox Studios and watched the celebrity clients roll in. Among the Blair disciples were Charlton Heston, Racquel Welch, Liberace, Bruce Lee, Lawrence Welk, Penny Marshall, Cindy Williams and Regis Philbin. Through the 60's and 70's Rheo Blair was known as the nutritional advisor to the stars.

So, What Happened?
Despite his widespread successes between the early 50's and late 70's the name Rheo H. Blair is hardly recognized today by even the most experienced bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. Why the descent into near-obscurity?

Several elements coincided in the 1970's that pushed Blair's revolutionary concepts out of favor. In bodybuilding, steroids were becoming a significant factor which rendered the need to adhere to such super-strict diets as Blair's obsolete. At the other end of the spectrum, dieters were being told by everyone from the U.S. government to super jogger/health advocate Jim Fixx that fat is evil. The widely accepted ratio of protein to fat to carbs now was 20%-15%-65%– a far cry from Blair's protein- and fat-heavy system.

So, in the high-carb atmosphere of the late 1970's Rheo Blair's philosophy, and company, would meet their doom as outmoded relics of an age before our dietary "enlightenment."

What Comes Around...
Fast forward to 2002. It's impossible to pick up a single health-related periodical without seeing mention of one of the numerous low-carb diets that are being touted by everyone from Dr. Atkins to Dr. Barry Sears (creator of the Zone diet). Natural bodybuilders are embracing the high protein, high fat strategy to remain muscular and lean throughout the year. Even supplement companies, such as Musclelinc, are creating protein powder formulations that replicate the one created by young Irvin Johnson fifty years ago.

In retrospect, it seems that all of the "experts" in the nutrition field might have done us a great service by trusting the visionary nutritionist with exactly ten letters and two "R"s in his name from the start.

Many of the old timers -Gironda for one mixed Blairs protein powder with raw creame and milk and utilized raw eggs.
"VINCE GIRONDA’S "HORMONE PRECURSOR DIET" FOR MUSCLE BUILD-UP
Gironda recommended this diet for four to six weeks, followed by a mostly vegetarian "alkalinizing" diet.

Breakfast
Vince’s special protein drink made of 12 oz half and half, 12 raw eggs, 1/3 cup milk-and-egg protein powder, 1 banana. (Make one to three mixtures of this formula and drink throughout the day, between meals, and before retiring)

Supplements

1 multi-vitamin tablet 3 vitamin A and D tablets or 3 halibut oil capsules 1 vitamin B complex
1 vitamin B-15 tablet 1 vitamin C comlex (300 mg) 2 vitamin E capsules (800 iu)
1 zinc tablet 1 chelated mineral tablets 5 alfalfa tablets
10 kelp tablets 3 tri-germ and wheat germ oil capsules 1 RNA/DNA tablet
3 Lysine tablets
(400 mg) 1 hydrochloric acid tablet
(before meal)
3 digestive enzyme tablets (after meal) 3 multi-glandular tablets
(nucleo glan male or female)

Lunch
1 pound hamburger or other meat
Mixed greeen salad or raw vegetables

Supplements
1 iron tablet
4 calcium tablets
Repeat of breakfast vitamins with omission of vitamin E, tri-germ, wheat germ, halibut oil

Dinner
1 to 2 pound steak or roast meat
Raw or steamed vegetables or salad and cottage cheese

Supplements
Same as lunch

Special Supplements
10 amino acids and desiccated liver tablets (every 3 hours) 5 yeast tablets with the protein drink

4 raw orchic tissue tablets (before and after workouts)

6 each of the following before retiring: arginine, ortithine, tryptophan, calcium tablets"

For those that drink it, what is the taste of raw milk like? A buddy of mine told me he couldn't stomach it it tasted funny to him. He's a big paranoid baby and should go back on breast milk!:D
I told him "since when does the taste control what a bb'er puts down the hatch?" LOL

haha

ya the milk tastes great, it is thicker and more creamy then regular milk......

w8killa, i started by drinking a half gallon a day, (more then i was ever drinking befor) and i had no problems at all......

perfect, get some raw milk from organic pastures and see what happens, see if it makes you sick. the only thing that will happen is since this is a live raw food if your stomach does not have a lot of good bacteria in it it will take your stomach a bit to get used to it, but i bet you will not have the allergies.

AWESOME! I will see where this fits in my diet but I am curious to try it as I really love milk.

I have to admit I am an ironage junkie, the days of basic food lifting limited supplements and years of hard work in the gym, sprinkling a little CIBA D-bol in of course always fascinates me vs todays' younger ABCDE etc peptide dosing, slin, GH, megadosing every exotic anabolic out there, with kids taking every new supplement fad out there and eating like birds hammer strength and etc machine training generation we see so prevalent today. Of course there are exceptions it's good to think but not to overthink yourself into catabolism.
Plus you didn't have Johnny Fed waiting for you to slip up and come arrest you over simple hormones he was out chasing them moonshiners or something else too. The bigger the world and the US gets the worse the quality of the food is as well. Gimme a time machine and dbols on the house-you just have to come back to 1970 to get it! ha ha

How do you guys feel about eating raw eggs, now that we're on the topic of raw dairy. I am going to research this, but as far as assimilation is concerned, is it better to cook your eggs or to eat them raw?

How do you guys feel about eating raw eggs, now that we're on the topic of raw dairy. I am going to research this, but as far as assimilation is concerned, is it better to cook your eggs or to eat them raw?

best way ot eat your eggs is poached....

i ate raw eggs for about 1 1/2 years, i had no problems with ilness... but the eggs need to be cooked to release a certian enzyme in them to make it more bio available i believe (cant remember the name?) i used to get 6-8 eggs and put em in the blender with a little sugar and bend it up. it actually dosent taste too bad..... and it makes you feel really cool!

but you need to get a cage free egg, i know egg lands best is a good one, or any of the organic brands as well.....

I never had a problem with them and consumed that way for years. I don't do it anymore, but I don't think it made any difference in my gains.
These days I am off eggs and egg whites all together as I am pretty sure I have an allergy to them from recent tests of cutting them out and adding them back in.
I am going to do a couple of flushes here in the next few months and then check again as I love my eggs and egg whites.

or did.:D

OK so we all agree that Quality Raw Milk is way healthier than Pasturized.

here is the descripton of the Raw Milk as listed on Organic farms which lists its multiple benefits

--------------------------------------------------------------------
OPDC Raw Milk is alive with fully active enzymes, a broad spectrum of naturally occurring beneficial bacteria, all 22 essential amino acids, 18 good fatty acids, metabolically available vitamins, immunoglobulins, minerals, antioxidants, and CLA.

The milk is never damaged or changed by pasteurization, homogenization, or other processing. Our RawUSA-certified cows graze, on organic pasture land, and never fed GMO's of any kind. A disease free life: a life with optimal health starts with a strong immune system - and raw milk is the finest immune system support food available.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What else makes this food so great? I remember Larry Scott writing that Raw Milk is lased with ''Growth Factors" ??

also
What is Raw Cream?? Nutrtion breakdown/benefits/etc...

Ok im lost.... i dont know what ANY of this stuff is....

can somebody run a breakdown of each individual product, how its taken, its benefits, and why...

????

Cow’s Milk is the Perfect Food for Baby Calves
But Many Doctors Agree:
It is Not Healthy for Humans

I don't think this study refers to RAW milk, which is what is in question in this thread.

Also, this study that you quoted is from what I call "propaganda" spread by a company called Hallelujah Acres. This is basically a religion-based nutrition SCAM.

The reason it's a scam is that they tell you what not to eat in this diet, and instead you basically have a juice/fruit diet with one solid meal a day (and that is a salad). You are not allowed to have any meat at all. The thoughts for this are that it's claimed to be diet outlined by Biblical texts in a Christian-type philosophy (although IT IS outlined in the Old Testament what meats can be eaten).

The diet is almost identical to the juice fast routine we do when trying to detoxify/cleanse. That's great for getting out the bad stuff, but there is little to no ability for something like this to SUSTAIN someone on a long-term basis.

Now, the good folks at Hallelujah Acres know this, that's why they are more than happy to provide you with their recommended supplement list (which they SELL to you). Guess what? They are almost the same exact supplement we use! Probiotics, EFA's, vitamins, B-12, EVEN UDO'S OIL!

I would not put credit in anything with their name on it as it's purposely set-up to steer someone into BUYING supplements from THEM. I know where Hallelujah Acres is, and guess what? It's not a church, it's a supplement store.

Last edited:
Raw milk is awesome stuff... A new discovery of late for me as well. Been mixing it in my protein shakes. I can purchase it in close proximity to where I'm currently living so I'm trying to make it a staple. Ain't cheap though... Expect 5 bucks for a 1/2 gallon. Peace, G

Raw milk is awesome stuff... A new discovery of late for me as well. Been mixing it in my protein shakes. I can purchase it in close proximity to where I'm currently living so I'm trying to make it a staple. Ain't cheap though... Expect 5 bucks for a 1/2 gallon. Peace, G

In states where its not legal to sell you buy stock in a cow and then they can legally sell you the milk. I havent found a place close to home yet, but the closest one which is one state away sells theirs at the rate of $7 a gallon. Wish I could find a place close to home like you have, is it legal in your state to sell?

Well

I have been drinking it on and off now for 4 years. There is a farm 5 miles from my home. I love it but I get fat really easily off of it.

I have been drinking it on and off now for 4 years. There is a farm 5 miles from my home. I love it but I get fat really easily off of it.

Do you think you get fat off of it because you consume too much of it?
(serious question)

This thread has me intrigued, gonna have to try raw milk too. get alot of organic meat, eggs, veg etc from a farm next to my mother's house gonna ask about unpasturised milk.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator45
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity