over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sleep over training

yatyas314

Registered
Im sure we all have jobs I personally spend so much time at work and training I have time to work ,train sleep ..

Some days I get exhausted to where I sleep rather than train ..Imho that listening to your body is more productive than finding yourself overtraining

Anyone else in the same boat , or have a different opion I would like to hear how some of you guys balance your two lives

Y

Im sure we all have jobs I personally spend so much time at work and training I have time to work ,train sleep ..

Some days I get exhausted to where I sleep rather than train ..Imho that listening to your body is more productive than finding yourself overtraining

Anyone else in the same boat , or have a different opion I would like to hear how some of you guys balance your two lives

Y

Same boat here; my job is very demanding and could care less if you have time for a personal life. I missed today actually cause I was just exhausted all day. been napping since I got home. I hate missing a day training; hope to find a better job in the near future to allow for a more strict training program.

Last edited:
I used to train a bit much when I was younger, it wasn't worth it looking back. Now I listen to my body, even if it's an extra days rest. If I don't listen, my body makes me take days off!!!

I train no matter how tired and or sick I get.

I work 11 hour days 5 days a week. It sucks but i train on the weekends since i am off work and i take Mon and Thurs off training so it makes only 3 bad days during the work week. Sometimes if i get to run down i take a little 30 min nap on my lunch out in my car.

I work 12.5 hr rotating shifts heavy on OT with a 30 min commue each way so this last 8 day strech I took two days off from exhaustion
hanks for the replies

Same boat here. I've got a demanding job that involves a lot of overtime. I used to make myself train no matter how tired, but I find that eventually leads to injuries or burnout. I try to listen to my body a little better these days. I think it's important to learn where the dividing line is also. I still make myself train if I'm just fatigued, but take a day off if I'm just totally wiped out.

ive i listened to my body id prob sleep 12 hours a day

i do on holidays

dunno why, but ym body jus never wants to get outa bed

although i def do agree listening to your body principle is very important, its also a tricky one to master becoz of other factors

I've worked 82, and 91 hour weeks and still managed to gym. Getting about 5 hours a sleep a night and shortening my cardio, but I made it there. Looking back over the past month, I should have just slept.

ive i listened to my body id prob sleep 12 hours a day

i do on holidays

dunno why, but ym body jus never wants to get outa bed

although i def do agree listening to your body principle is very important, its also a tricky one to master becoz of other factors

Same way here. I missed the gym today cause i was just too tired.

I trained last friday when i should have just made it up on sat. Strength was down,no pump,i skipped the free weights cause i was like, i rather just sit down on a hammer strength machine.

Seems like a lot of us our in the same boat

If im just mentally fatigued I can power thru if I know that iv eaten perfectly that day and my body is strong but the mind is tired

but if the body is wasted from combined sleep depravation 5-6 hrs of sleep for a week at a time I think that the rest is more valuble than any training at all ...Unless your contest prepping and you have a date with a stairmill

Y

I would rather rest. Took awhile for me to learn that. All I need is an extra day off and I'm usually good to go. For me nothing makes up for lack of sleep

take the time off if you need it...just don't make it a habit. some of my best training days are the days i had to force myself to the gym.

Sleep is very important for me. If I am not getting at least 7 hours sleep at night and one 30-60 min nap during the day I don't feel good

I just got switched to graveyard shift and it's way different. I could forego sleep and get up early to train and feel ok. Now I feel like shit if I come home and get a 2 or 3 hour power nap. Make getting whatever your minimum sleep you need first then you can function on all the rest of it.

I ca,e home from work at 8 this morning. I knew I had a 1245 appointment so I took a two hour nap from 10-12 and was miserable. came back home and napped aggain from230 to 5. Now I feel all funky. From now on nothing less than 4 hour naps. I didnt even want to go to the gym and now I have tomake it up.

I know in the past that if I forced myself to work out even when exhausted, I noticed it took the pleasure out of the workout and often I would be significantly weaker due to the lack of motivation and due to being tired. I used to do 2 on 1 off religiously, but now understand the need to occasionally throw in that extra day to make workouts productive.

People often forget about the other side effects of pushing yourself too hard instead of resting (getting sick, making dangerous mistakes due to lack of attention, overtraining, etc.)

if im mentally tired I can train but physically tired I will rest..

I also found by only training to positive failure I can train more often and am not gassed after a w/o compared to doing drop sets, forced reps, negatives, static holds or widowmakers..

also kudos to all the guys who work as labourers construction and still hit the gym when I worked as a labourer I would train maybe 2 times a week

Last edited:
Rest is just as important to me as training. Not so much in the past but is now.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws