over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

sleep

Jrflex10er

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What would you guys reccommend to help me sleep on my EQ cycle. I have trouble sleeping right now without it...I can't imagine what it might be like on it...

well i kno a few guys who dont like it but i do a mix of
zma(1/2 dose) a kava kava cordalis valerian combo and some GABA
frk

Keep it simple

start with just the Valerian

Do U

Do u do any of the following?

1. Eat huge amounts of protein before sleep
2. Drink Chocolate Protein shakes before bed,
3. Drink soda, diet soda etc close to bed.

When u are on the little things add up to wreck your sleep patterns, try to take little naps, laydown, just being in bed relaxed is a start.

In addition to eating before bed, there's a rule for people with insomnia:

1. Don't use the bed for anything except sleep and sex.

If you do things like read, watch TV, eat or try to find a treasure map on the back of the Declaration of Independence, then you're "training" yourself to stay awake.

I agree. Try some valerian or kava kava. Then, if needed, try some rx meds like temazepam or Ambien. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is only good for occasional sleeplessness.

The only thing I have before bed is a 40g choc. protein shake, 5g of glutamine, and tbsp of olive oil.

Protein Shake

I'm not positive on this but I heard it is actually not a good idea to take in a protein shake right before bed. Your body has to work extra hard to digest synthetic products so that may have a little something to do with your problem..Just another obervation not sure on this

Have a beer and smoke a fatty before bed!!!!! That'll work. :D

lol I'm sure it would but then I'd have to eat junk food from all the munchers :eek:

Marty44 said:
I'm not positive on this but I heard it is actually not a good idea to take in a protein shake right before bed. Your body has to work extra hard to digest synthetic products so that may have a little something to do with your problem..Just another obervation not sure on this

I'd like to hear more on this. Some people say you HAVE to have protein before bed while others say that it's bad.

Anyone know or have info on this. Cuz both sides kind of make sense.

hey Pharm

Hey, I don't have anything to back this up--just something I have heard through the grapevine..Good day

Marty44 said:
Hey, I don't have anything to back this up--just something I have heard through the grapevine..Good day

I was asking from anybody who's listening. I'm glad you through it out there. it's a really good point.

Let's think about it for a second, at what other point would you let your body go for an extended peroid with out food. Never, so why would you let your body go throughout the night without food. All those night time proteins that are out and what not. Not saying there anything special, there only a slow burning caesin(sp). Nothing special. But I can't see depriving yourself of food before bed, unless maybe contest prep or special diet for something. I eat up to a half hour or even minutes before sleep. When I do this I wake up hugry and ready to eat. If I don't I will wake up not hungry kind of lathargic and will go on about my way. I really don't even think about food if I don't eat at somepoint before bed.

good point Arm

first of all shakes are not SYNTHETIC!!!!they are probably the easiest protein to digest.
as for eating before bed,when you eat before bed you giving your muscles food plus it keeps your metabolisim going.that's why you wake up starving in the morning.hell i know people you set their alarm to pound a shake in the middle of the night when their bulking.

as for sleep ambien,halcion, or XYREM if you have narcolepsy like me :rolleyes:

i've heard kava kava and valerien work well too.some people swear by melatonin,never really did anything for me.

my take on things
leap

Melatonin never did anything for me.

Do you have a "curent Rx for Xyrem" or are you just hypothetically talking about it :)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws