over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroids and Cancer

ThinkTank

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
We have some really bright minds on this forum. Have steroids been linked to any particular cancers? Should people who have a family history of cancer (prostate, breast, ovarian, skin, and colon) avoid steroids?

I am personally a little spooked as of late. I have a relative with prostate cancer, that spread to the bone and he is on limited time.

I am in my 40's and will take a break and clean out for while. Once cleaned out, I am going for my physical, prostate, and colon checkup. Cancer runs on my mothers side.

What say the crowd here?

as I understand it, high estrogen can lead to a number of health problems, cancers included. Birth control has been tied to a number of issues IIRC

I believe that the cancers 'caused' by steroids are largely dependent on their continued use... I.E., stop usage, and they will dissipate. I believe this is true for hepatic adenomas especially.

but ill wait for people like stewie and kaladryn (who actually know what they are talking about) to chime in.

I have been dealing with cancer the past 15 months.

I asked my urologic cancer surgeon who is one of the top 10 in the country this very question after my initial diagnosis. His answer was, yes, they are linked to prostate and testicular cancers.

I have been dealing with cancer the past 15 months.

I asked my urologic cancer surgeon who is one of the top 10 in the country this very question after my initial diagnosis. His answer was, yes, they are linked to prostate and testicular cancers.

this is interesting.

i don't mean to sound incredibly ignorant, but would a surgeon be the best one to consult about such things?

We have some really bright minds on this forum. Have steroids been linked to any particular cancers? Should people who have a family history of cancer (prostate, breast, ovarian, skin, and colon) avoid steroids?

I am personally a little spooked as of late. I have a relative with prostate cancer, that spread to the bone and he is on limited time.

I am in my 40's and will take a break and clean out for while. Once cleaned out, I am going for my physical, prostate, and colon checkup. Cancer runs on my mothers side.

What say the crowd here?

From what I understand, prostate cancer is more related to too high estrogen than too high testosterone. So, yes, the steroids can cause it if you are getting too much conversion to estrogen. However, there is also research suggesting that too low testosterone may also be assocaited with prostate cancer. I would recommend do some research on a guy named Abraham Morgentaler; he seems to be at the forefront of the research of those ideas above.

1. Hepatic Adenomas. Most are benign but like 5% undergo malignant transformation, the others either regress when you stop or they rupture and may kill you)

2. HCC ( orals generally although the elevated liver enzymes ive seen on tren are scary)

3. Wont CAUSE prostate but can feed it. Yes both DHT and estrogen can play a role.

4. Things like Tren or GH that increase your IGF levels will cause most cancers to grow specifically melanoma.

Theres a few others with less strong data so i wont speculate on those.

From what I understand, prostate cancer is more related to too high estrogen than too high testosterone. So, yes, the steroids can cause it if you are getting too much conversion to estrogen. However, there is also research suggesting that too low testosterone may also be assocaited with prostate cancer. I would recommend do some research on a guy named Abraham Morgentaler; he seems to be at the forefront of the research of those ideas above.

I have that little voice inside me that is now telling me, that I need to stop. FWIW, I have NOT been an abuser. What I notice is that bad things happen when I ignore that inner voice (usually when I drink :p )

The worst part is that I am all set for a great year of juice. I have REAL AMERICAN Pharmaceutical Anadrol. I have Winstrol. I have Tren Ace.

But...I am seriously spooked. My mother had all sorts of cancer, and now my very old grandfather (on my mothers side) has prostate cancer that has metastasized to the bones. He previously had colon cancer. I was close to my mother; very close to my grandfather and therefore I *might* be overreacting because of my emotions.

I had been crusing on 250mg of Test for the last year. I am going to take a break and write off this summer. I will get my colon and prostate checked and take it from there.

My PCT will be Aromasin, Nolva, and maybe some Clomid. I can always jump back on.

I am still interested in people opinions and thoughts on this. I appreciate all the contributions to this thread.

Last edited:
Def get's my mind moving reading threads like this. Lately reading how some just don't believe or care about supps that help aid with Estro, Liver etc...just blows my mind. Of course I am sure that there are thousands if not tens of thousand of individuals who have cancer and took every preventive measure possible, but again I still believe that if you can afford to pin gear then you can afford to take supporting supps. I personally didn't think that I needed to add more than Milk Thistle lately, but someone made a suggestion to try Liv 52 and Synthergine and I bought both.

YES !

its not something we like or want to think about but it is a good idea once you get above 40 to be more health concious, my grandfather on my Dads side lived to 93 and had no signs of any cancer not even Prostate, but my dad got prostate cancer at age 70 , he is now 81 and is fine, he caught it early and has money so got the best docs and the best treatment, i realized at age 48 that i should get a baseline PSA reading so i went off for a few months and got tested, dont remember what my # was but it was very low ( Thats what you want) and listen ive done almost all AAS except real Adrol, i am not and will not slow down, however i AM a low doser and never go above 750 test and 600 NPP or EQ, my belief is that prostate cancer is caused by high estro and low test..... i ALWAYS take a quality form of Saw Palmetto and a few other anti aging supps and i feel like this has helped, i also keep my BF really low and have never gotten gyno so i think maybe i dont have a high conversion rate ( aromatization) .....most cancers IMO are mainly hereditary but also diet and lifestyle certainly contributes.

its not something we like or want to think about but it is a good idea once you get above 40 to be more health concious, my grandfather on my Dads side lived to 93 and had no signs of any cancer not even Prostate, but my dad got prostate cancer at age 70 , he is now 81 and is fine, he caught it early and has money so got the best docs and the best treatment, i realized at age 48 that i should get a baseline PSA reading so i went off for a few months and got tested, dont remember what my # was but it was very low ( Thats what you want) and listen ive done almost all AAS except real Adrol, i am not and will not slow down, however i AM a low doser and never go above 750 test and 600 NPP or EQ, my belief is that prostate cancer is caused by high estro and low test..... i ALWAYS take a quality form of Saw Palmetto and a few other anti aging supps and i feel like this has helped, i also keep my BF really low and have never gotten gyno so i think maybe i dont have a high conversion rate ( aromatization) .....most cancers IMO are mainly hereditary but also diet and lifestyle certainly contributes.

You learn something new everyday. I never correlated high estrogen and low test to cancer. Seems counter-intuitive right?

I probably just need to come off, get checked out and start up again if everything checks out ok. It sucks I live in a state where I cannot get routine bloods, and it also sucks that I fear being honest with my doctor.

Cancer I have learned is a very complex process and there is usually more than one factor that come into play for cancer cells to develop. Something like 75% or so of newly diagnosed adult cancers are in people 60 years old and above. My oncologist told me it can 20-30 years or more for these things to fully develop. Your body is made up of billions of cells that are copies of copies of copies of copies of copies, etc.... of themselves. Its perfectly normal for DNA damage to accumulate as we age, but then again, things we are doing now may contribute to an event many years down the road for us (smoking for example). And then sometimes, cells just make mistakes when they replicate.

this is pretty much the sole reason I gave up AS. My father has prostate cancer and on my mothers side there is also cancer. Something just didnt feel right for me to use so I stopped.

I now try and consume as many anti-cancer products as possible, daily i am taking

Glass of pomegranate juice
IP6
Curcumin
vitamin d
Irwin naturals prosta strong

going to also add in some grape seed extract next time i order my stuff

Its the HGH and people are in denial

The HGH will help perpetuate the growth but it will not cause the cancer to form in the first place. Its like lighting a match in the air, you can do it all day long without causing a fire, but if you do it over gasoline you are going to get a fire. Maybe not the best analogy but you get my point.

It's not only the drugs but the diet also plays a part too. I believe a lot of people turn a blind eye to this as well.

as I understand it, high estrogen can lead to a number of health problems, cancers included. Birth control has been tied to a number of issues IIRC

I believe that the cancers 'caused' by steroids are largely dependent on their continued use... I.E., stop usage, and they will dissipate. I believe this is true for hepatic adenomas especially.

but ill wait for people like stewie and kaladryn (who actually know what they are talking about) to chime in.

My doctor suspects my cancer is from my high estrogen levels into my 20s... Just what my doc suspects now

I have like a 90% chance of getting prostate cancer based on family history. It took 2 out of the 3 family members who had it. My philosophy is do what I can to mitigate it, I cut my red meat intake drastically, lots of fruit and veggies I think some of it is definitely diet related. I'm also trying to keep my estrogen down, but I'm still gonna live my life low doses for me. If cancer takes me out so be it.

I didn't read your other post. What made you get checked out? did you have any symptoms or anything

I didn't read your other post. What made you get checked out? did you have any symptoms or anything

from mental's other thread

To start, I've been having GI issues since my teens. I would always have bouts of diarrhea and bloating. My liver enzymes were always slightly elevated. Nothing wild, but always a little above normal.

In 2012 my GI issues got real bad. I went through a period where I couldn't digest food properly for about 3 months and ended up losing about 40 pounds. Since then I've dealt with many ups and downs in my struggle to hold my weight and maintain health. It seems strange why I would still even want to be a part of an endeavor that required adding weight and muscle progressively, but training is something that I love and if I can find some solace in kicking my own ass day in and day out, I'll take it.

I know what many people may think, "Oh, it is from oral steroid abuse..." No, that is not the case. I never used AAS before being prescribed testosterone for my hypogonadism. Since then, I've only used orals twice, I ran anavar one time around 2013, experimenting with some different anavars to find a sponsor I wanted to run with and then again with Var Wars, which coincided with the competitions I was preparing for in 2014.

More recently, I have been having issues with lack of hunger, vomiting and general stomach discomfort. Since my family has a history of gallbladder disease, I went in for an ultrasound. The ultrasound found multiple lesions, and my liver appeared to be metastatic. This required a STAT CT scan, which I had done and this showed that my liver was not metastatic, but I had one large tumor, about 2 inches in diameter, with multiple small tumors. this was a good thing. The doctor was hoping that it was a hemangioma, but it did not appear to be that type or benign tumor.

Yes we need to take a look at all the PED's we're taking. They definitely aren't helping and if we're messing with our hormonal balance then we could potentially cause certain types of cancers and other health issues. But the main problem is for sure our diet, water, overall environment and the medication we take.

Throughout our entire human existence cancer is more common today than ever before. Why? Because of what we're consuming. Look at our obesity problem. That's also directly related. Our tap water is filled with impurities such as estrogen, fluoride, pesticides and pharmaceutical meds. Our air is not clean. We put all these chemicals all over our body, soap, deodorant, cologne, perfume, makeup, lotions etc. Then comes our diet. Look at our food supply, its littered with unnatural chemicals such as partially hydrogenated soybean oil, aspartame, high fructose corn syrup, pesticides, hormones, GMO's like soy lecithin etc. Its also high in fat and high glycemic carbs. The carbs I believe are the worst though. We have only been eating carbs for around 12,000 years since humans developed agriculture. That's about when our diet went more carb based. Carbs cause inflammation and inflammation is directly related to disease/cancer. As of today most people are eating carbs with a very high glycemic index, which is even worse for inflammation and its also why diabetes has skyrocketed. We're constantly bombarding our body with unnatural chemicals inside and out. On top of that we're overloading our body with fats and carbs. Not good if you don't want cancer.

Yes AAS/HGH/Peptides etc should be used with care and you should accept the potential risks. But I believe if we eliminated most of the above issues I laid out, we wouldn't really have to worry about it as much when using PED's. Its all correlated. There isn't one particular thing we need to work on. We must work on everything as a whole. We must eliminate some things and be more responsible with other things. Its a balancing act. One of the best ways I can think of to solve the overall diet issue would be to start eating paleo and drink purified water (preferably reverse osmosis) with minerals in it. And as far as PED use goes. Be responsible about it. Balance.

You won't be able to eliminate everything nor be perfect about it. But as long as you do your best it will be much better than not trying. And since we can't stay away from everything bad its good to take some supplements to help better our chances at having good health. Curcumin, glutathion, SOD, resveratrol, Idebenone, vit C etc etc will help out greatly with overall health. Curcumin and resveratrol have been shown in studies to stop the growth of certain tumors and even reverse the growth or kill the tumor. Resveratrol has also been proven to have anti aging properties.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws