over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Study finds pre planned deload provides no benefit

I've never done planned deloads and think they are a misinterpretation of powerlifting and olympic weightlifting regimens.
When you feel burnt, tired, sore, and fragged take a break, then get back to it with a vengeance.

I've never done planned deloads and think they are a misinterpretation of powerlifting and olympic weightlifting regimens.
When you feel burnt, tired, sore, and fragged take a break, then get back to it with a vengeance.
I agree, I don't plan mine, they plan themselves. The day comes when you're just not able to lift the same weight, everything kinda aches...lift light for a bit till the drive comes back.

deloads and programming are ok, but in strength training such as powerlifting or strongman, bodybuilding and hypertrophy are a different beast - I don't know any good bodybuilder who does planned deloads - you just feel weak and have a bad day? you do a lighter workout or an extra day off - all top bodybuilders do this

basically planned deloading was an integral part of the original cfp thread and dc training. which seemed to work quite well.
similar time a bber named i think brian haycock wrote about strategic deconditioning.

once i pass a certain point constant progress it stops. in order to get past it withut just adding drugs i found time off of hard training to be the best way to get past it. just like dc/cfp.

i notice a difference between taking two weeks and going to 3 like the strategic deconditioning idea.

it isnt just physical either. often the mental part is what gets me. i think this has to do with cortistol.

I feel like planned ones could be useful if you do something like y3t training, heavy week, moderate week, pump week, week off.

I've never deloaded.

I can tell when I get up and walk to the kitchen in the morning if I need a day off. If I'm really worn out sometimes I take two day off. I also use vacations as extended rest periods as I don't train on vacation unless there's a well known gym where I'm going.

Never had planned ones when I was bodybuilding... was completely intuitive and based on feeling. If felt off for a day, I took off, which was rare but happened. Been seeing a lot of people taking way more "deloads", than they should because, "science"... or this new thing of "managing fatigue"

I orchestrate my training cycles with my steroid cycles. For me, I get the best overall results “longterm” if I deload/decrease my training and hormones around 8 weeks. After around 8 weeks I do best by lowering my dosage of steroids and training volume for 1-2 weeks to give the body a break and then repeat the cycle all over again. I’ve tried using higher dosages for longer than 8 weeks but I seem to get less returns for my efforts if I go past that, and I begin feeling toxic and lethargic. I’ve tried training intense with high volume for longer than around 8 weeks but my joints, tendons and CNS make me pay afterwards. Bodybuilders can learn a lesson from Powerlifters—deloads are good for long term success.

I orchestrate my training cycles with my steroid cycles. For me, I get the best overall results “longterm” if I deload/decrease my training and hormones around 8 weeks. After around 8 weeks I do best by lowering my dosage of steroids and training volume for 1-2 weeks to give the body a break and then repeat the cycle all over again. I’ve tried using higher dosages for longer than 8 weeks but I seem to get less returns for my efforts if I go past that, and I begin feeling toxic and lethargic. I’ve tried training intense with high volume for longer than around 8 weeks but my joints, tendons and CNS make me pay afterwards. Bodybuilders can learn a lesson from Powerlifters—deloads are good for long term success.
Have you ever tried just rotating compounds? I stay on relatively low dosage but always keep a test base then rotate a second compound...5 weeks drol...then back off and pop in a little mast...then go harder drop the mast then add trest...then back off maybe just test or mast...then maybe add in tren with test.

Have you ever tried just rotating compounds? I stay on relatively low dosage but always keep a test base then rotate a second compound...5 weeks drol...then back off and pop in a little mast...then go harder drop the mast then add trest...then back off maybe just test or mast...then maybe add in tren with test.
In my opinion, it makes no sense if you stay on the same weekly dose, the only thing that will change is the visual effect of your body you will be more or less watery, etc.

I’ve been training consistently for 26 years now and I have Never had or planned a Deload of any kind. I always recognized the importance of being adaptable and if your don’t have the strength that day not just a mental thing- then I made sure to switch up the exercise at least make it enjoyable. Even trying new method for the day like ascending sets or something to make the workout count for something.

Bodybuilders can learn a lesson from Powerlifters—deloads are good for long term success.
No one will deny there are times to pull back, but this thread is about PLANNED deloads. For bodybuilding, say “deload” week comes around.. but you feel great. I see no reason to not go train. I would just listen to your body and pull back when you aren’t feeling 100%.

Let's put it simply. Successful bodybuilding training usually (ie not sick or life crisis) doesn't accumulate enough systemic fatigue to make purposeful loading and deloading periods optimal or even useful. Sure lighten up on an odd period where you feel drained, that's natural. Like I said before, the people conducting this study don't have a clue so it's completely useless and shit.

If you think about overtraining symptoms - tiredness, inability to concentrate, slowed reaction time, sleeplessness etc - that's central nervous system ie systemic, not muscular. Muscles repair fast. As for deloading, it definitely works and allows for much higher average volume and fatigue accrual levels over a period than a purely linear program. It's also why coaches have easier and less volumous training in the days preceding meets and competitions (weightlifting but also track, soccer, wrestling etc.. Ubiquitous). Very useful in some applications.

No one will deny there are times to pull back, but this thread is about PLANNED deloads. For bodybuilding, say “deload” week comes around.. but you feel great. I see no reason to not go train. I would just listen to your body and pull back when you aren’t feeling 100%.
When you get older, a planned deload can help prevent over use injuries. Once an injury surfaces, it’s too late and you could be looking at taking 6 weeks or longer to get back in the gym. I think Dorian Yates did a planned deload.

Oh yeah, I’ve done exactly what you just described. But I can no longer continue to train hard with volume for weeks on end because I develop over use injuries. I’m 60 years old and have osteoarthritis throughout most of my body. Lol. Nothing will set me back more than an injury. So what I do if I’m rotating compounds as you suggested is usually 8 weeks of hard training followed by 1-2 weeks of easier training (depending on how my joints are feeling at that time), regardless of the dosage of hormone being used. This is not a cure all for my joints, but it helps. Mentally, I can train pretty much year round without getting burned out. It’s my joints and tendons that hinder me.

In my opinion, it makes no sense if you stay on the same weekly dose, the only thing that will change is the visual effect of your body you will be more or less watery, etc.
I found that rotating compounds never really made me any bigger. I mean sure, if I add in anadrol for 4-6 week it makes me bigger and stronger, but the gains are not usually sustainable with other compounds. Anadrol is a beast. And Tren does a total body recomp like no other. Unfortunately, I’m getting too old to run either drug alongside my test base without going on high blood pressure meds. I’m not a pro bodybuilder, so I’ll stay smaller and avoid the blood pressure meds. You have to be a lot more cautious and aware of what’s happening to your body as you get older—both in the gym and outside the gym.

I have never done a planned deload. I have talked to a few powerlifters in my area that at least at one time held a world record of some lift in their perspective weight class. The answer is always, time off is counterproductive to what I am trying to do. Of course I am not speaking for all powerlifters but just what I have heard.

As i wrote before all my deloads were not planned. Usually sickness or injury caused them. But i have to wonder if i had done them planned as opposed to just going till an injury hit if i would have accumulated less damage over the years.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws