over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Study on why sleep apnea is so damaging

asteelz

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
**broken link removed**

Published in the jcem early release, determined the negative impact of sleep apnea on blood glucose, cortisol and ffa.

I bet if they tested me I would have sleep apnea. I say j it st say no to sleep apnea. :spam:

I was reading that getting your tonsils removed can help with sleep apnea a little

Is this only seen in overweight individuals, or with high BMI?

CPAP definitely changed my quality of life and will probably give me more years on this earth. Like most, I kept dismissing it and putting it off. Wish I'd done it sooner especially since I have really good insurance.

Is this only seen in overweight individuals, or with high BMI?

No, I am a lean 200lbs at 5'10" and have suffered from OSA since 2009. My jaw is somewhat set back which I believe restricts my airflow when laying down. I also still have my tonsils which doesn't help.

Is there any way to get a cpap without getting a script? Sleep tests are way to expensive.

I had a sleep study done last night, there's a cpap in my future. I was told I woke up 24 times a hour, only was in R.E.M. sleep a total of 37 minutes...
Crazy! Looking forward to getting this handled and worked out, in sure I'll feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleep apnea, really sucks. I only sleep 3 or 4 hours a day. My biological clock is all screwed up from working nights for 35 years. I stop breathing 18 times per hour. I couldn't get use to wearing a mask and I tried about 6 different types, finally said screw it.

Is there any way to get a cpap without getting a script? Sleep tests are way to expensive.

Yes, you can buy them without a script, but it wont be of much use to you more than likely. The dr sets the flow rate on them. My resmed has a 2 stage flow rate.

My cpap is new. Im a changed man....I had now idea how much i was suffering. I had over 60 epusodes per hour. I all having trouble keeping my mask on though, I've only had it a month.

I also thought apnea was for those that were overweight and/or out of shape.
The doctor told me it had more to do with the genetic shape of your throat.

I was tested a few weeks ago and found to be right in the middle range of moderate apnea. About two days into using the CPAP I felt like a new man.
I have so much more energy during the day it's unreal. Sometimes you don't realize how tired you are until you aren't.

Is there any way to get a cpap without getting a script? Sleep tests are way to expensive.[/QUOTE
You can def buy one, Craigslist, marketplace, eBay etc
The modern machines adjust the flow rate automatically so no worries about a dr having to set the rate for u and all that

I just slept 9 hours, did not wake up for a second, not once. cpap is the greatest thing on earth

Glad to see a lot of guys here gettig their apnea checked and treated. As mentioned above there are machines that auto adjust flow, but in my opinion it's best to see a doc and get the sleep study done. It's a small investment when you consider the difference of a higher quality of life for a longer period of time vs a lower quality of life for a potentially shorter period of time.

you can get them on ebay, but you have to make sure you get an autoset model, it adjusts the pressure to what you need - I found some a few weeks ago but they go quickly. My Resmed s9 elite crapped out on me and was going to get one online but insurance covered a new one.
I just got the newest one from resmed-
https://www.easybreathe.com/-p4419.html?gclid=CKi8gKm0s9QCFRhXDQod8-4FIQ
But have been on CPAP therapy since 2008 and 3 sleep studies.

If you can find a model for sale online like ebay with no script, you can easily set it yourself by accessing the clinicians programming area, you just have to know your settings, which is kinda tough to do with out a study.

Last edited:
I just slept 9 hours, did not wake up for a second, not once. cpap is the greatest thing on earth

That's how I am now. The other affect is that without my middle of the night get up and piss I now stand in front of the toilet every morning and am pissing for so long I start to get bored! ;)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131