over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Superheavy is hard getting ripped

nuteboy

Registered
I just wanted to ask if anyone else saw this. Being a bigger man is much difficult to come into shape.

I maybe wrong but from my opinion it is. When my offseason was a merely 245lbs and i competed at 214 it was so easy to get ripped. When I moved into the superheavy div. it became more difficult.

My offseason was 285lbs last year and it was hell trying to get in decent shape.

When you're bigger you really have to be in shape year round as when i was smaller i could easily mess around and eat my junk food.

Is this correct or is it just me? Also the guys that are competing in the light heavy and heavy that have posted pics look jaw dropping. man i'd take that look any day than being bigger but not as condition.

I don't know. Alot of the Supers I've seen you can tell would look alot better as heavies. They get hung up on their weight so they gain a ton and don't want to lose any weight so they can be a super when really they are meant to be a super. Eventually you'll carry enough muscle to be a true super and I bet it won't be as tough to lean out.

BuffD said:
I don't know. Alot of the Supers I've seen you can tell would look alot better as heavies. They get hung up on their weight so they gain a ton and don't want to lose any weight so they can be a super when really they are meant to be a super. Eventually you'll carry enough muscle to be a true super and I bet it won't be as tough to lean out.

I agree big D. PS, can a mod move this to a correct section. At work and viewing the site, sorry for the error.

Just a thought.

If it were just muscle that you gained it would actually be easier to condition. Just to give you an idea 105 of 245 is 24.5lbs. of fat and 10% of 285 is 28.5lbs. of fat. So actually you are able to carry more b.f. and still apear to be the same condition. Plus the more lean tissue that you carry, the more calories you burn. This is not the problem though. BuffD hit on the head by saying that to many heavies sacrafice thier conditioning for size and gain way more b.f. than they are used to carrying. That is what makes it such a bitch to get that weight off. Plus I've personally found that when I gain alot size in such a short period, it takes a little while for that muscle to mature. The longer you hold that mass and really grow into being a super it will get easier. I could be completely off here as to I am not a super just a mere middlewt. Just my 2 cents.:st:r-wars

Rob Roy said:
If it were just muscle that you gained it would actually be easier to condition. Just to give you an idea 105 of 245 is 24.5lbs. of fat and 10% of 285 is 28.5lbs. of fat. So actually you are able to carry more b.f. and still apear to be the same condition. Plus the more lean tissue that you carry, the more calories you burn. This is not the problem though. BuffD hit on the head by saying that to many heavies sacrafice thier conditioning for size and gain way more b.f. than they are used to carrying. That is what makes it such a bitch to get that weight off. Plus I've personally found that when I gain alot size in such a short period, it takes a little while for that muscle to mature. The longer you hold that mass and really grow into being a super it will get easier. I could be completely off here as to I am not a super just a mere middlewt. Just my 2 cents.:st:r-wars

No you're 100% correct. i've heard that and it was from massive g. he told me a while back that when u pack on that big weight try to hold it for a bit and let it get more condition. than opposes to gaining real quick and then trying to shed it off.

i'm 267lbs and won't compete until next year. the weight looks much better this time around than the first time i gained all that weight.

nuteboy said:
No you're 100% correct. i've heard that and it was from massive g. he told me a while back that when u pack on that big weight try to hold it for a bit and let it get more condition. than opposes to gaining real quick and then trying to shed it off.

i'm 267lbs and won't compete until next year. the weight looks much better this time around than the first time i gained all that weight.

Yea nute, I recall looking at your pics from this past offseason when you were in the 280's and you were carrying a higher BF% than you usually do (at least it looked like that to me). You were borderline getting sloppy and that is probably why you had such a tough time. (I did that this year, it is a bitch coming off, I am busting ass). I recall you saying your BF% was the same at that weight as it had been in previous offseasons, but it didnt look the same to me. I am sure you will have an easier time dieting down this year. Just my two cents...

HELLA SWOLE said:
Yea nute, I recall looking at your pics from this past offseason when you were in the 280's and you were carrying a higher BF% than you usually do (at least it looked like that to me). You were borderline getting sloppy and that is probably why you had such a tough time. (I did that this year, it is a bitch coming off, I am busting ass). I recall you saying your BF% was the same at that weight as it had been in previous offseasons, but it didnt look the same to me. I am sure you will have an easier time dieting down this year. Just my two cents...

yes a different approach this year. Not eatin' all the goodies as i keep clean Monday- Friday and dog out weekends. So it's a diff. approach and a diff look. It was very hard getting in shape last year. Don't want that again.

Plus can't have these 80 yr old women out walking me on the streets. That's just not right.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member