over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T4 with HGH for contest prep , who does it

Because the increase of t4 to t3 means your natural t4 pdoduction won't be able to keep up with the demand which eventually drives your t4 down. So over time the lower the t4 gets the lower the t3 will get as well as it strives to find more.
I understand the concept, It just has a large mechanistic hole in it that's either not being explained or is being missed.

The only thing that's being said is that T4 will drop because it "Can't keep up with increased conversion", but if total thyroid output remains the same (presumably topped out and trying to 'keep up'), that newly-created T4 has to be going somewhere, right?

The only way I can see the math working is if Thyroid output decreases irrespective of any drop in fT4 from increased conversion, which is a different mechanism and argument entirely.

I suppose it's also possible that with high-doses it simply takes a *long* time for homeostasis (and a decrease in fT3) to be reached, and that's what's being seen.

I've personally never seen anything in bloodwork but a drop in fT4 and a bump in fT3 that reaches homeostasis fairly quickly. But I've also seen very little well-controlled data in the 6iu+/day range.

Have you actually seen this occur in someone who wasn't dieting heavily?

I have never personally seen someones fT3 eventually fall off in the way you're describing except in situations (e.g. heavy dieting) where I'd expect thyroid suppression anyway.

There's also a logical/mechanistic issue with your argument. If the only reason that fT4 is low is because it's being "lost" to fT3, how could you possibly have "low" fT3, since that's apparently where all the T4 went?

Exogenous growth hormone (GH) usage can indeed affect thyroid hormone levels, including thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). GH interacts with the thyroid hormone system in several ways, including influencing the production, conversion, and activity of thyroid hormones.

Here's how GH can affect T4 and T3 levels:

Growth hormone and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) are both regulated by the hypothalamic-pituitary axis. Increased levels of GH can affect the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, leading to alterations in TSH secretion. TSH is responsible for stimulating the production of T4 and T3 in the thyroid gland. Changes in TSH levels can thus impact T4 and T3 levels.

GH can increase the conversion of T4 to T3. T4 is the primary thyroid hormone produced by the thyroid gland, but it is biologically less active than T3. The conversion of T4 to T3 occurs primarily in the liver and kidneys, with the help of an enzyme called deiodinase. GH can stimulate the activity of deiodinases, leading to an increased conversion rate of T4 to T3. This results in higher T3 levels and lower T4 levels.

GH can also affect the binding of thyroid hormones to their carrier proteins. Thyroid hormones are largely bound to proteins in the blood, with only a small portion circulating as free hormones. The free hormones are the biologically active forms that can enter cells and exert their effects. GH can influence the binding of thyroid hormones to carrier proteins, affecting the availability of free T4 and T3.

never - it's about keeping t4 and t3 in the range of norms and not hyperthyroidism - if you do hyperthyroidism, don't be surprised that you have such side effects as elevated heart rate
Thank you for the response. So basically getting accurate lab work and basing dosage off that as to not go into hyperthyroidism?

Great thread, I keep T4 on hand for when I raise my HGH usage at or above 4iu per day for the reasons being discussed. It's not often I raise my HGH and it's for short periods, but I use T4 to keep things functioning at an optimal level.

Had my T4 levels measured yesterday and just got the results this morning. I have T4 on hand from a long time sponsor on this board. As well as use GH from a sponsor on this board as well.

Speaking of lab work Life Extension is currently in their annual 25% off all lab work sale.

Would say doing increments of 25 mcgs of T4 for a few weeks then coming back to reassess be ideal?

Results. 4.9ug/dl with a reference range of
4.5-12.0 ug/dl

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230328-103012~3.png
    Screenshot_20230328-103012~3.png
    189.2 KB · Views: 22

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828