over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Telmisartan vs ACE inhibitor; Telmisartan and erectile dysfunction

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys. I’ve been on 40mg lisinopril for a long time. With it, my blood pressure has always hovered on the high end of normal…. 130-140/77-80’ish

I decided to give Telmisartan a try between 40-80mg. It lowered my BP into a better range, 120-130/60-70’ish.

I haven’t dated in a while, and got busy with work… but noticed I had zero sex drive or ability to get it up. It was the the point where I even tried on my own, and couldn’t.

After discontinuing Telmisartan and switching back to lisinopril, everything came back to normal. No other variable changes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, what is the advantage of choosing an ARB over an ACE inhibitor? Why is Telmisartan becoming the trendy new ancillary BP med over ACE inhibitors?

They seem to work along similar paths.

According to the Cleveland clinic, ARB's produce a greater decrease in cardia events. And in general they seem to have less side effects of most. And telmistartan can lower cholesterol and blood sugar.

My BP usually runs 130/80 while blasting away various hormones. I’ve been thinking of adding in Telmisartan recently. I’ve never heard of any ED or libido issues from it though. Guess I’ll monitor this thread to see what other users have experienced. 🧐

Cage

60mg telmisartan daily and no issues. I even take 15mg nebivolol on top of that and no issues.

What's interesting here is that you seem to have had a loss of libido too, not just ED.

I have almost never heard of reports of Telmisartan causing either, and have never experienced it myself or with a client.

This is very longshot because I'm positive you would've mentioned it, but you don't happen to be taking the Telmisartan/ hydrochlorothiazide combo pills, are you? The latter can absolutely cause ED.

Theoretically low blood pressure can cause ED, even though you weren't super low, your diastolic at 60-70 is getting on the lower end. How long did you run Telmisartan for? It could be as much about the sudden improvement in BP rather than Telmisartan itself.

What's interesting here is that you seem to have had a loss of libido too, not just ED.

I have almost never heard of reports of Telmisartan causing either, and have never experienced it myself or with a client.

This is very longshot because I'm positive you would've mentioned it, but you don't happen to be taking the Telmisartan/ hydrochlorothiazide combo pills, are you? The latter can absolutely cause ED.

Theoretically low blood pressure can cause ED, even though you weren't super low, your diastolic at 60-70 is getting on the lower end. How long did you run Telmisartan for? It could be as much about the sudden improvement in BP rather than Telmisartan itself.

Agreed. A drop even into normal if you've been higher could cause it. So can hydrochlorothiazide or diuretic.

Hey guys. I’ve been on 40mg lisinopril for a long time. With it, my blood pressure has always hovered on the high end of normal…. 130-140/77-80’ish

I decided to give Telmisartan a try between 40-80mg. It lowered my BP into a better range, 120-130/60-70’ish.

I haven’t dated in a while, and got busy with work… but noticed I had zero sex drive or ability to get it up. It was the the point where I even tried on my own, and couldn’t.

After discontinuing Telmisartan and switching back to lisinopril, everything came back to normal. No other variable changes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, what is the advantage of choosing an ARB over an ACE inhibitor? Why is Telmisartan becoming the trendy new ancillary BP med over ACE inhibitors?

They seem to work along similar paths.
Telmisartan has the potential to help with ED. As far as sex drive, have not heard of that as a side effect. Not done so with me.

Has anything else changed?

Neither telmisartan or losartan have ever caused me any sex drive or Ed issues, but Prozac definitely does

80mg daily and no issues here either.

I’m on 40mg a day of telmesartan and I have noticed no erectile issues at all. No sides to speak of at all. Only positives.

I’m on 40mg a day of telmesartan and I have noticed no erectile issues at all. No sides to speak of at all. Only positives.
Telmisartan, it has been shown to improve erectile dysfunction.

My BP usually runs 130/80 while blasting away various hormones. I’ve been thinking of adding in Telmisartan recently. I’ve never heard of any ED or libido issues from it though. Guess I’ll monitor this thread to see what other users have experienced. 🧐

Cage
Actually added in 40mg of Telmisartan daily now. While on 2-3g of AAS my BP went from 133/83 to 121/74. No other side effects other than a healthier BP while running PED’s. It will be a staple for me while I’m blasting away.

Cage

I think his Telmisartan has a diuretic in it as well. Spending time on the mat you sweat a lot. Dehydration can cause ED. If I'm dehydrated I can't climax.

Telmisartan even at 80 mg, doesn't do much for lowering BP for me. Olmesartan worked a lot better.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131