YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thinking I should sell my home gym, are home gym crap prices still really inflated?

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I hate my house, I only live in it for my parents and sisters...made the sacrifice for them. They wanted a new bigger house but didn’t want to sell the family home, which was dumb, so I sold my loft which was in a nice downtown area bought them a new house and took our old house. I remodeled it from top to bottom, other than the basement I dig the 1978 look it’s kinda cool, but still I hate this place it’s the most leave it to beaver neighborhood possible I’m the only one who doesn’t spend 12 hours a day on his landscaping or rake the leaves when a single one falls off the tree or blow the snow the moment a quarter inch is in the ground or cut their grass on a schedule like their life depends on it or spend an hour every day talking about nothing with all my neighbors. It’s a very nice house but the responsibility of owning a home sucks and I’m a relatively young single guy I hate it everyone else on the street is either an original owner retired old person or a young family. I used to be able to just lock my door and go do whatever I want but now it’s a never ending disaster dealing with this house.

Anyway, the point of that is that I’m eventually going to move out as my family is coming around to selling the house as home values have skyrocketed and it’s a very desirable neighborhood...and I’m sure a crash or at least correction will be coming soon. So I pieced this home gym together in the basement which I never use, I don’t know why but I just always prefer to workout at the gym the home gym isn’t the same at all. I figure it’s probably best to sell it off now instead of scrambling to get rid of it once the time comes. It’s not super premium stuff or anything like that, other than maybe the elliptical, but everything is there you can get any full workout you want out of it.

Long ramble short, for anyone that has been in the market lately is gym stuff still going for a large premium? Do you guys think I would be better off selling it piece by piece or just advertising it as a full home gym on Craigslist or wherever?

Attachments

• 9CCCCAE8-FC14-4F5A-9CBF-0C7E53F432EA.jpeg
    9CCCCAE8-FC14-4F5A-9CBF-0C7E53F432EA.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 89
I routinely add pieces for my home gym. So, I’m constantly on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. I mainly buy commercial equipment, though.

If I were you, I’d sell it all together as a unit at a decent price just to move it. Too many times owners get stuck with less desirable items. All while the popular pieces go quick.

I hate my house, I only live in it for my parents and sisters...made the sacrifice for them. They wanted a new bigger house but didn’t want to sell the family home, which was dumb, so I sold my loft which was in a nice downtown area bought them a new house and took our old house. I remodeled it from top to bottom, other than the basement I dig the 1978 look it’s kinda cool, but still I hate this place it’s the most leave it to beaver neighborhood possible I’m the only one who doesn’t spend 12 hours a day on his landscaping or rake the leaves when a single one falls off the tree or blow the snow the moment a quarter inch is in the ground or cut their grass on a schedule like their life depends on it or spend an hour every day talking about nothing with all my neighbors. It’s a very nice house but the responsibility of owning a home sucks and I’m a relatively young single guy I hate it everyone else on the street is either an original owner retired old person or a young family. I used to be able to just lock my door and go do whatever I want but now it’s a never ending disaster dealing with this house.

Anyway, the point of that is that I’m eventually going to move out as my family is coming around to selling the house as home values have skyrocketed and it’s a very desirable neighborhood...and I’m sure a crash or at least correction will be coming soon. So I pieced this home gym together in the basement which I never use, I don’t know why but I just always prefer to workout at the gym the home gym isn’t the same at all. I figure it’s probably best to sell it off now instead of scrambling to get rid of it once the time comes. It’s not super premium stuff or anything like that, other than maybe the elliptical, but everything is there you can get any full workout you want out of it.

Long ramble short, for anyone that has been in the market lately is gym stuff still going for a large premium? Do you guys think I would be better off selling it piece by piece or just advertising it as a full home gym on Craigslist or wherever?
Yes, still a large premium. Some items are impossible to get brand new. Supply chains are behind six months to a year on certain things. I think you will see a larger profit by selling one piece at a time. Really, a very big factor is how long you're willing to sit on an item/items. Things like weights (dumbbells and plates) will go in minutes or hours. I kid you not, you will get bites that fast on those items and are typically selling at $2 per lb.

I was on a waiting list for a Concept 2 Model D rowing machine since August and just got it a few weeks ago. I bought it from the manufacturer for $900 and I have people selling used ones for $1200-$1500

Desirable and 'staples' are back ordered and going high second hand.

Area's determine market. If a lot of gyms closed and liquidated, odds are you won't get as much.

Normally whole sets don't move but now may be one of the only times they move. Before the pandemic mindset ends you should move the pieces. A decent discount for pick up only will sell. You will spend more time than you can imagine taking offers and arranging pick up for each piece individually. And low ball offers and idiots showing up with not enough cash.

One buyer just makes it much easier.

I sold a bunch of equipment I didn't use anymore within the past two months. I listed a bit above what they would have been worth a year ago but didn't gouge........Everything I listed was spoken for within an hour. There were a few items where I accepted offers, told later offers it was sold pending payment, and they offered much more to sell to them.
You should do quite well selling.

Bro hold on if your parents wanted a bigger house but didn't Want to sell there's. Why would you sell your loft if you were happy there? Why sacrifice your happiness and loft to make them happy in not selling the house.
Why they didn't rent it out or remodeled it themselves and stayed there .it's non of my business just seems unfair for you

Bro hold on if your parents wanted a bigger house but didn't Want to sell there's. Why would you sell your loft if you were happy there? Why sacrifice your happiness and loft to make them happy in not selling the house.
Why they didn't rent it out or remodeled it themselves and stayed there .it's non of my business just seems unfair for you

Yea I know, I wish I hadn’t gone with it but at the time I didn’t want to sell the family home either and we didn’t want to rent it to a bunch of strangers and deal with that headache. I really underestimated how much I would hate living here, my neighborhood is all either people waiting to die or people raising a family....no in between whatsoever. It’s a very nice house and much larger than my loft obviously, also my closest friend at the time had just moved a few houses down which, of course he got divorced a couple years later 🤦🏻‍♂️. Hindsight is 20/20 obviously, we shouldn’t have been so sentimental about it but at the least I’m going to do much better selling it now.

The skyrocketing value of the house and being in the position of not needing to buy a new house after selling this one is enticing. Doesn’t really matter if your house value has gone up if you just need to buy another house when they’ve all also gone up, don’t have to deal with that.

Yea that's true buying is going to be more now.so what you going to do when you sell it

Yea that's true buying is going to be more now.so what you going to do when you sell it

Well what actually triggered all of this was that I saw a loft in a building more desirable than my old one that I always wanted to live in come up for lease at a surprisingly low number and then another one did a couple weeks later. I’ve watched the market since I sold mine and while houses have gone up like crazy, premiums lofts, townhouses, condos and etc really haven’t....not to the degree that houses have at least not even close.

But regardless, I would lease until the housing market corrects itself. I wouldn’t take out a mortgage right now if it were for free, I promise you that any mortgage someone takes out today they will be upside down in after a few years. It doesn’t have anything to do with some crazy conspiracy theory or market forecast it’s simply that what goes up must come down everything is a cycle and right now we are at the peak of a charging market.

By all calculations, a lease right now at the price of the place I want to live actually comes out as a cheaper month to month payment vs owning the place....weird market, so I’ll gladly avoid the risk of buying at the top of the market right now.

Well what actually triggered all of this was that I saw a loft in a building more desirable than my old one that I always wanted to live in come up for lease at a surprisingly low number and then another one did a couple weeks later. I’ve watched the market since I sold mine and while houses have gone up like crazy, premiums lofts, townhouses, condos and etc really haven’t....not to the degree that houses have at least not even close.

But regardless, I would lease until the housing market corrects itself. I wouldn’t take out a mortgage right now if it were for free, I promise you that any mortgage someone takes out today they will be upside down in after a few years. It doesn’t have anything to do with some crazy conspiracy theory or market forecast it’s simply that what goes up must come down everything is a cycle and right now we are at the peak of a charging market.

By all calculations, a lease right now at the price of the place I want to live actually comes out as a cheaper month to month payment vs owning the place....weird market, so I’ll gladly avoid the risk of buying at the top of the market right now.
This is a great chance for you to get top dollar. I wish we knew how much longer this crazy housing market is going to continue. The combination of low low mortgage rates and the scarcity of listing really have driven up prices. Once the virus has passed I think things will go back. We have been looking to buy a lot to build on and can't find a thing. The cost of building supplies like lumber are also at a high now because supply is low. Coronavirus still affecting their supply. We would sell if we could build. I figure we would do ok since we could sell our home at a fine price.

Craigslist and facebook market are not the business offerup is where its at trust me and right now prices are falling...

You good smart on this 👏

This is a great chance for you to get top dollar. I wish we knew how much longer this crazy housing market is going to continue. The combination of low low mortgage rates and the scarcity of listing really have driven up prices. Once the virus has passed I think things will go back. We have been looking to buy a lot to build on and can't find a thing. The cost of building supplies like lumber are also at a high now because supply is low. Coronavirus still affecting their supply. We would sell if we could build. I figure we would do ok since we could sell our home at a fine price.
Fuck I'm so happy to see you post you fucker lol
I prayed for you man.god is good.

Yea I'm waiting for this corana crap to settle too.before I go investing. I'm buy land .some I'll build in some I'll just keep the land
Also going to flip house.there is a lot of profit in that .always has been and always will. Specially if you can do a lot of the work yourself. I can

Some people pay contractors to do the work and you still make money that way.but if people only knew how much more than can make buy doing simple works
For instance.

If you tear down the kitchen yourself all you pay is for someone to install. If you knock down walls yourself. You just pay for building the new one and so on.some things you can save by doing yourself .a slesh hammer is a hell of a tool lol

That's like a toys r us home gym bro....

No shit you don't like working out at home lol

😉

I have a hot real estate chick I roll around with sometimes and she is completely slammed, she says everything is selling as soon as it hits the market and people are bidding over asking prices on them. She says it's always the same thing, some first time young homeowner that doesn't care how much the house they are buying is actually worth they are just happy to have gotten a mortgage for enough to pay for it. She tells me she doesn't know whether to pity them or laugh at them at the closings where they are buying these trash garbage houses that wouldn't have sold for half that price a couple years ago and would have sat on the market for a year.

It's a weird market right now thats for sure and it really feels artificial, it's scary to be holding cash because inflation is going to gobble it up any time now. But even further to the problem just like you said about finding a lot is that anything that could be considered an "investment" has been swallowed up or is selling for a ridiculous number. So where exactly is a common person supposed to put his money to try and protect themselves? It was like this before covid and that seems to be have just thrown gasoline on the fire.

Haha I didn't say it was some badass setup but there isn't anything in you can't do in there.

I don't like working out at home because of the separation of home and gym, it's hard to concentrate and get a good workout in I feel like I'm just rushing through and going through the motions to get back to home life things. Had the same issue when I was working from home, it just doesn't work right.....work gym home....they need to be separate things for me.

And what exactly is wrong with Toys R Us?! Broke my heart when they all closed haha!

I have a hot real estate chick I roll around with sometimes and she is completely slammed, she says everything is selling as soon as it hits the market and people are bidding over asking prices on them. She says it's always the same thing, some first time young homeowner that doesn't care how much the house they are buying is actually worth they are just happy to have gotten a mortgage for enough to pay for it. She tells me she doesn't know whether to pity them or laugh at them at the closings where they are buying these trash garbage houses that wouldn't have sold for half that price a couple years ago and would have sat on the market for a year.

It's a weird market right now thats for sure and it really feels artificial, it's scary to be holding cash because inflation is going to gobble it up any time now. But even further to the problem just like you said about finding a lot is that anything that could be considered an "investment" has been swallowed up or is selling for a ridiculous number. So where exactly is a common person supposed to put his money to try and protect themselves? It was like this before covid and that seems to be have just thrown gasoline on the fire.
In our area we havent found a lot yet, and have a realtor looking for us too. Hard to find one that checks off all of the boxes we want. Usually there is a lot more on the market to chose from. Prices on lots are a little high, but not bad. Home prices are insane! Even to build a new home like we want would cost us about an extra $50,000 to $100,000 more right now over what it was just a year ago it appears. Materials are expensive. I think the labor is also going for more $$ too.

We would like to buy a lot now and sit on it for a year or two, wait until building prices come back down to normal.

In our area we havent found a lot yet, and have a realtor looking for us too. Hard to find one that checks off all of the boxes we want. Usually there is a lot more on the market to chose from. Prices on lots are a little high, but not bad. Home prices are insane! Even to build a new home like we want would cost us about an extra $50,000 to $100,000 more right now over what it was just a year ago it appears. Materials are expensive. I think the labor is also going for more $$ too.

We would like to buy a lot now and sit on it for a year or two, wait until building prices come back down to normal.

Why not just wait in general for the lot as well?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear