advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tight mid section, what has worked for you?

Very low carb diets burn more visceral fat compared to low fat diets. Suppversity just posted a good read on it
No they don't.. if they did even layne norton who has a PhD in nutrition would do so

No they don't.. if they did even layne norton who has a PhD in nutrition would do so

Lol just “nope”?

“More than 20 randomised controlled studies have now shown that low carb diets sometimes lead to two to three times more weight loss than low fat diets.

This is true even when those in the low carb groups are allowed to eat as much as they want, while those in the low fat groups are calorie restricted.

When adjusted specifically for burning visceral fat, studies comparing low carb and low fat diets indicate that low carb eating specifically reduces fat in the abdomen and around the organs and liver.”

man I just feel like absolute garbage when I drop carbs to below 100g
Because your body doesn't know how to use fat to fuel itself, if you would give yourself time to adjust you would feel amazing.

p.s. - the use of exogenous ketones will help you from feeling like garbage during the transition.

I always done it on zero carbs too , best way for me too

What foods you like to use daniel ?

I do beef , salmon , chicken , eggs , whey isolate,spinach , Salad , some fruit

Mostly 98% ground beef, shrimp, bison, skirt steak, protein powder. No fruit and didn't do any veggies this year which I feel helped get my midsection the tightest it's ever been. I do take Juice Plus orchard / vineyard / garden blends though.

Work on transversal abdominal strength, planks, crunches, in that order, I recommend a good PT for the first one.

Also, zero carb diets may work well, however, repeated failure to stick to them (usually because of inadequate calorie totals) and the refeeds that are sometimes done, can cause some wonky insulin resistance issues, be careful.

I will say with age, my waist has gotten bigger and also my hips broader. Coming from an ectomorph background as a teenager I can definitely tell things are bigger in the hips/stomach. In HS I was a legit 31-32 inch waist at 6-1 now, when I'm lean I'm 34 at the low end. All of the training, squatting, straining, and pushing over this year has taken a toll on the midsection.
What is your weight with a 34” waist? I am 6’1” with a 36” waist and I weighed 264 this morning.

Keep your vacuum 24/7 like a fat guy who keeps his belly sucked in 24/7

Chris Tuttle recommends not training the abs directly per say (sit ups) but improving core strength via planks to tighten the midsection. I honestly think having a tight midsection is mainly related to diet for example not eating foods that bloat you

Chris Tuttle recommends not training the abs directly per say (sit ups) but improving core strength via planks to tighten the midsection. I honestly think having a tight midsection is mainly related to diet for example not eating foods that bloat you
Sit ups and planks only?
Chris is such a smart guy. Really down to earth

I’d have to Agree With you %100 there bro

Sit ups and planks only?
Chris is such a smart guy. Really down to earth

planks. He was saying to NOT train and directly and used sit-ups as an example of this.

I remember hearing Mountaindog have a Q&A question about blow out waists and he had a similar thought. He had said the only ab training would be vacuums and leg lifts.

planks. He was saying to NOT train and directly and used sit-ups as an example of this.

I remember hearing Mountaindog have a Q&A question about blow out waists and he had a similar thought. He had said the only ab training would be vacuums and leg lifts.

I also believe it's very true and certain movements/training can lead to bigger waists. Although at the same time I think there can be balance. Certain ab movements with resistance can really help make the abs grow and "pop". I would much rather have that and for them to stick out slightly more than for them to be flat. It should go without stating certain loading/heavy exercises many do for big body parts will also help in this regard though. I do think a bit of added resistance can be used to great effect when it comes to the abs though. I just wouldn't be crunching huge weights 3 times per week as it's overkill. Now if someone already has distention issues and wants to get their waist down as fast as possible that is very different. In that event I would recommend very similar and just certain bodyweight movements and nothing more.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131