over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn biceps tendon? Help please.

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hello. I'm looking for some advice here. Today, i tore what i thought was my pec. I was reverse grip benching. Can't tell an elaborate story (one handed typing), but I tore something badly. No immediate bruising. Bruising about 4 hours later in the bicep where it meets my shoulder. Bicep looks funky. Pain. Got a list of docs from ER. Kind of screwed till Monday.

Advice?
Experience?

I love my best friend and I love my girlfriend. He drove me to the hospital and she's been taking great care of my. Fearful of my job. 90% sure I get medical leave... but rent will be tricky.

SCIENCE DAMNIT! (random South Park joke)

Horrible to hear ......you are a heck of a bber......I am sure that you will comeback from this just fine......just find the right surgen .....and follow your rehab protical to a tee......hopefully ,you can stay afloat financially in the meantime........good luck bro

Hello. I'm looking for some advice here. Today, i tore what i thought was my pec. I was reverse grip benching. Can't tell an elaborate story (one handed typing), but I tore something badly. No immediate bruising. Bruising about 4 hours later in the bicep where it meets my shoulder. Bicep looks funky. Pain. Got a list of docs from ER. Kind of screwed till Monday.

Advice?
Experience?

I love my best friend and I love my girlfriend. He drove me to the hospital and she's been taking great care of my. Fearful of my job. 90% sure I get medical leave... but rent will be tricky.

SCIENCE DAMNIT! (random South Park joke)

happend to all of us...I tore my Bi, Pec before and they didn't back to there shape as before.....

Make me wonder if it's wirth the risk.....:eek:

Damn man sorry to hear that..you will be back better than ever

Less than 24 hours later, I have more ROM. It still hurts like hell, but only if it's moved beyond a certain degree. There's a big bruise like Anderson Silva punched me, but not to the extent which I dredded yesterday.

In the words of Angus Bathune... "I'm still here angioid!"

Less than 24 hours later, I have more ROM. It still hurts like hell, but only if it's moved beyond a certain degree. There's a big bruise like Anderson Silva punched me, but not to the extent which I dredded yesterday.

In the words of Angus Bathune... "I'm still here angioid!"

Was it a partial or complete tear?

If you completely ruptured your proximal bicep tendon it would bruise like you have expressed and your bicep would have fallen toward your elbow. If this is what has happened the sooner you can get treatment the better the prognosis for near full recovery. BTW- you could have a partial rupture with the bruising, but obviously the bicep would not have drop as I described for the full rupture.

I completely ruptured my proximal bicep tendon and had it reattached within the 7 day window. Today it is still not the same arm it was before this injury. My curls and bench are still weaker on that side. The mechanics of the shoulder are changed forever. By all means try to find the best doctor and physical therapist for this. My PT experience was far from stellar as they had never treated this type of injury. Felt like a guinea pig the entire time and will always believe had I gotten someone experienced I would have had a better recovery.

just because its up by your bicep may mean it is your chest tendon ruptured...i had mine reattached in that very place, where pec major tendon attaches up above bicep under shoulder...what you can do to test is, put your two arms up on someones shoulders and see if you can push downward focussing on pec muscle, also in that same position you hold your arms up looking in a mirror, you should see a difference in the tendon/muscle structure under armpit if there is a problem...MRI time! sucks but go see a dr immed. as the longer you wait the harder the repair is to do due to atrophy and loss a ability to pull the tendons to their appropriate place to fix. basically go see GOOD sports ortho surg quickly!!!

you could also look into microinjecting IGF multiple spots all around the injury 2 times per day for 20 or so days...? Just a thought.

I tore mine at the radial tuberosity.

Mine ripped loose off the radius down on the forearm. As you know there are two heads..so the whole thing doesn't roll up...just the head you tore.

I did mine fighting in the parking lot of a bar. I threw a hard uppercut and pow!

Suggestions: Get surgery as quickly as possible. If possible have a doctor who understands athletes and their needs. The sooner you get it reattached, the better.

I did mine when I was 22 and no problems since then. I've deadlifted 650lbs, etc...no problems. Hopefully you'll get it all back, just take your time and don't get in a hurry if they get it reattached. lol

I met Branch Warren and we compared scars. His monster frickin' arms don't seem to be affected! :D

Completely tore my left bicep at the forearm attachment last year. Due to a myriad of other more important problems, wife had surgery for breast cancer, couldn`t afford to miss work to have it reattached. Wrapped it tight and never missed a day of work or training session. Not what I wanted to do, but some things are more important. Just looks bad when I flex my left bicep. Course that arm is weaker too. Hope things work out for you.

Best,

Mike aka Lycan

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear