over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tossed from Gym Rant

Diesel City

Registered
So, I've been training my wife at our gym for the last couple of months. We're both paying members and have been for the last 4 years. Today this PT comes over to tell me that they are going to cancel our membership because I'm training her. I've yet to hear from their management around this issue, although I did see where they posted new rules about training people all over the gym. So here are some options:

1) Find a new gym and move on. (No problem this corporate gym sucks anyways)

2) Get a certification, get a job there, and take their clients. (I really don't have the time for such a thing, but I can sell.:cool:)

As much as I'd like to be a vindictive A hole, I really just don't have the energy for it...

So, I've been training my wife at our gym for the last couple of months. We're both paying members and have been for the last 4 years. Today this PT comes over to tell me that they are going to cancel our membership because I'm training her. I've yet to hear from their management around this issue, although I did see where they posted new rules about training people all over the gym. So here are some options:

2) Get a certification, get a job there, and take their clients. (I really don't have the time for such a thing, but I can sell.:cool:)

As much as I'd like to be a vindictive A hole, I really just don't have the energy for it...

how can they get you for training your wife? like are you showing her how to do exercises? telling her sets, reps, tempo stuff? if that was the case couldn't they toss a bunch of those people who like to go around and tell people what to do because they are trying to "train" them?

Well since I have worked for corporate gyms in PT I can tell you all they want is MORE MONEY off of you 2...I worked Part-time for a corporate gym up here in PT for a bit and recently quit because i dont need the extra income. I started training my wife about 3 nights a week, but I actually WORKED in sets with her..

If it is in the contract that you cannot train her then go this route...just work in sets with her and they can't say a damn thing...everything should be fine as long as they see you lifting and not just being her "rep counter"

Wow, you must be goooooooooood! :)

Well since I have worked for corporate gyms in PT I can tell you all they want is MORE MONEY off of you 2...I worked Part-time for a corporate gym up here in PT for a bit and recently quit because i dont need the extra income. I started training my wife about 3 nights a week, but I actually WORKED in sets with her..

If it is in the contract that you cannot train her then go this route...just work in sets with her and they can't say a damn thing...everything should be fine as long as they see you lifting and not just being her "rep counter"

is being a "rep counter" something that a commercial gym can use as a qualification for being a personal trainer? i mean, when i do widowmakers for squats and on a lot of my working sets, i have my gf be the rep counter because i normally get to 4, then lose count. she's obviously not my personal trainer, but she is the rep counter and is not working in with me. i know that all commercial gyms are different, but i don't see the logic in how they would be able to claim a "rep counter" is a personal trainer.

3) Fight that shit 'til the bitter end. Actions like this get me riled up. I empathize with your aggravation.

Nothing in contract... If the trainer was ANY good at all, he would have asked about her training and goals, he would then talk about his training philosophy, and sold them. However, we did not go down this road.

F*ck that!! I could maybe understand if you were training with different people each week but with your wife the rules do not apply.

My girl works at the gym and every once in a while a trainer will try and give her tips and tell her to get a package and if I catch it I will jump their sh*t.

There are a lot of good personal trainers but there are a lot of bad ones.

There are a lot of good personal trainers but there are a lot of bad ones.

That needs to be changed to, "...a few good personal trainers and a lot of bad ones."

24 Hour Fitness is the absolute worst in my experience. A good analogous description would be the gym is the parking lot, the people are the cars, and the trainers are the car salesmen (and, in about as good of shape).

If it sucks, then bounce. If you want to stay, then as long as youre working out with her, youre not a 'trainer' but rather a 'training partner.' It will help if she reciprocates in 'training' you via spotting or whatever.

I have been a PT director for over 6yrs....if it is Your wife You are training it is really tough for them to have any grounds to take away Your membership....now if Your wife is one of a few people You are training it is a different story...Id kinda ignore him(especially if no managers said anything)

If it's a national chain gym, go over the trainers head. Point the guy out to somebody who works there and get his name. Next go online to the gym's website and write an irate letter about your horrible experience at your favorite place to spend quality time with your wife. I'm sure people here can give you some great letters that will get action. Large companies don't care as much about thier workers as they do about paying customers.

Oh man would I raise hell. Thats fucking rediculous. Go bitch out the highest ranking person you can find and tell him how rude and disrespectful this prick was and threaten a lawsuit.

How can you get thrown out of a gym for working out with your wife??? I dont get it? Unless the guy that is tossing you out has a secret crush on your wife and he is getting back at you this way. Maybe? Other then that threaten them to go to the local newspaper with a tell all story. hahaha

How can you get thrown out of a gym for working out with your wife??? I dont get it? Unless the guy that is tossing you out has a secret crush on your wife and he is getting back at you this way. Maybe? Other then that threaten them to go to the local newspaper with a tell all story. hahaha

I wasn't working out with her, I was training her.

Yes. We both have for 4 years at $120 per month x 12 x 4=$5760

Bro I don't know what to tell you but I am sure if the owner knew he was gonna stand to loose that chunk of change he may just straighten out the PT that is causing this. High end or low end gyms, doesn't matter. money is money. The owner should be made aware of this. Tonight I myself start working out with my wife at our local gym. But they don't care who you work out with or if you train your significant other as long as you are a paying member. haha I hope you get this straightened out soon brother. Tell your wife we all said "that's bullcrap"!

huh?

Bro I don't know what to tell you but I am sure if the owner knew he was gonna stand to loose that chunk of change he may just straighten out the PT that is causing this. High end or low end gyms, doesn't matter. money is money. The owner should be made aware of this. Tonight I myself start working out with my wife at our local gym. But they don't care who you work out with or if you train your significant other as long as you are a paying member. haha I hope you get this straightened out soon brother. Tell your wife we all said "that's bullcrap"!

Both at $120 a month???? You get free massages and free tanning and free training and free yoga classes?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws