over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

true nutrition protein flavors

sma

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Recently I have tried hydro whey coconut premium flavor (regular)
hydro whey vanilla cream premium flavor (regular)
micellar casein choc chip cookie dough premium flavor (regular)

All of these are disgusting

in 2008 I ordered 20lbs of the wpi/wpc ression whey non flavored and it tasted like powdered milk ....(not bad drinkable

before ordering the proteins above I was using iso 100 vanilla and it was amazing and optimum nutrition casein...

Is it just that this is real protein I do feel much fuller and pumped when using TN but I cant stand the taste it really is disgusting...

Any pointers should I ad stevia to each serving?

your comparing a Hydro Whey (bitter) to a WPI (ISO 100)

not really fair to do that as Hydro Whey is normally bitter no matter what brand you get

I bet if you bought a TN WPI it would taste great (compared to the ISO 100)

if you bought TN WPI choc coconut i bet you would enjoy drinking it

i take that back, iso 100 is a hydro

does the iso brand not taste bitter?

Last edited:
your comparing a Hydro Whey (bitter) to a WPI (ISO 100)

not really fair to do that as Hydro Whey is normally bitter no matter what brand you get

I bet if you bought a TN WPI it would taste great (compared to the ISO 100)

if you bought TN WPI choc coconut i bet you would enjoy drinking it

yea iso 100 is hydrolyzed but lab results have showed 6% lower for protein content and 5% higher for carb content which I account for anyways but the taste is amazing like a vanilla milk shake.. I don't know maybe add vanilla extract to my TN protein the choc chip cookie dough is the worst but the vanilla is just as bad...

Last edited:
maybe try 2 x flavouring

I guess that's a option for next time but I still have about 3lbs left of each the choc chip cookie dough and vanilla cream

Dutch chocolate fudge x2 is really good for hydro products.

Also, banana cream x2 is quite good

I've only used the Team Skip blend, but I like double favors for everything. The only one that didn't seem like it needed it was Strawberry Coconut. Double chocolate fudge, chocolate banana, and java mocha are great.

THE PREMIUM FLAVOR IS NASTY. That is all. They use Stevia straight up, which can lead to a very bittersweet taste. I like stevia, but only when it comes as truvia, which is a blend between stevia and erythritol. Plain stevia is nasty and I ruined 10 pounds of protein from TN by using their Premium flavoring. I really like TN, but that is a flavor that needed to be trashed a long time ago.

Thats why I never have my protein premixed with flavorings from TN. I buy them seperate and add as much or as little as I want to them. Also it allows me to use my protein for many other purposes. I love my oatmeal pancakes with whey added to them on the weekends.:)

i always order my plain so i can add what flavoring i want and i ain't stuck with one flavor. i will add chocolate syrup or caramel or both. or put fresh fruit in there and blend it up.

Get TeamSkip in the premium flavor and you wont go back to using anything else trust me.

frutier flavors seem to cover the bitterness better. the orange juice indulgence is delicious

Team Skip in Chocolate Peanut Butter, Java Mocha or Double Dutch Chocolate all taste great.

all I know is the flavors I have are not drinkable...

I

I feel like a broken record when I say this....ive said it so many times on this board and on the net

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/1600746-post22.html

We are a raw ingredient company first. Unlike virtually every other company out there, we actually manufacture for not only us but many other companies you guys use. Virtually every single other company you buy supplements from is a really nice office with people in suits who do marketing and advertising and phone calls creating sales. They don't even go near the manufacture of their own protein and/or products. They have companies like mine make their products.

With that said....when we make your products there isn't any "hey lets cut it with this and add these awesome tasting fats and sugars to make it taste great and hide it in the ingredient list on the label on the very end"
We go and get the RAW MATERIAL....in this case the 100% ingredient you requested hydrolyzed whey protein in the poundage that you want it.....and then add whatever you choose in your order to it. There is nothing hidden....its incredibly transparent.

This material is bitter....we put it right on the site....ITS BITTER. In fact here is the writeup cut and pasted.

True Nutrition’s Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade is derived from sweet dairy whey. Hydrolyzed Whey is enzymatically partially digested protein. This hydrolyzing process splits proteins in to smaller chain peptides and amino acids, di and tri peptides. This in turn makes the end product more biologically accessible to the user. Hydrolyzed whey is the most digestible source of whey protein. This process of hydrolysis allows the protein to be absorbed quickly through the small intestine. More than half (up to 80%) of the protein ingested bypasses the stomach and is absorbed into the small intestine, allowing the greatest potential for lean muscle tissue. Studies have also shown that hydrolyzed proteins with short chain amino acids (di and tri peptides) can increase IGF-1. Our Hydrolyzed Whey Protein possesses a very bitter taste; basically the more the protein is digested or hydrolyzed the more bitter it becomes. We at True Nutrition recommend not going over 25% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade in the Custom Mix Generator available on the site. Warning with our High Grade, this protein possesses a very bitter taste, that is definitely not for the faint at heart. You may want to order this separately to gauge how much you are affected by the taste. But remember, the benefits far out way the 2 minutes of the bad taste in your mouth.

I don't know why this wasn't read and adhered to? It sounds like you went with 100% hydro whey protein.

I don't know what other companies do with their products to make them taste so great (well I do but im not going to go there in detail)...... but I (myself) was one of the three people who taste tested this product when we got the raw ingredient initially and saw all the Certificates of analysis, and then sent it out for testing and it came back stellar.......and I myself remember saying to my business partner "Whew this is bitter....we have to make sure we tell people its bitter at least twice in the writeup" (which we did)

Again I don't know why this wasn't read. True hydrolyzed whey protein is bitter.

And Ill say it again as I have said it before.....If its found out that liver and onions are the most anabolic substance on earth and everyone jumps on the bandwagon to take it......and a company comes out with a liver an onions product and it tastes like the most scrumptious chocolate cake known to man.......It should set off the alarm that you might be getting very little "liver and onions" in your product. You cannot make tobacco sauce taste like maple syrup no matter what is your flavoring system.

Email me at [email protected] and Ill see what we can do.....but the only thing I can think of is you have to cut this stuff down to (I recommend 10% of your mix but we went as high as 25%).....I would buy team skip or cold filtrated whey proteins and I would use those great tasting quality proteins and then I would put a small scoop (10% up to 25% depending on how bitter you can stand).

And again I have 100 thousand plus customers. Some complain "too strong of flavor!"...some complain "too weak of flavor!".....we try our hardest to find the middle ground to make everyone happy.....but my recommendation is to always buy your protein plain at first and flavor it with flavor packs that you think you might like....and if you love it GREAT...if you don't love it...you still have 99% of your plain protein left that you can use the flavor pack that you do love with.....and you are not stuck with a flavor you cannot stand.

Last edited:
Dante no need to defend your company I have used them since 2008 and would not be looking for a solution if I thought your materials were not superior. This time flavour packs were not in stock , so I went w/ flavours I liked in flavour packs but the protein I was using was wpi/ wpc recession whey and I probably put what you would classify as heavy flavouring . However in my order I choose regular flavouring , I have been mixing 50/50 w/ hydro and mc and adding some stevia and caramel walden farms and its delish . So I shouldn't say its undrinkable... as is it is not my cup of tea but w/ additions its great

Like I always tell people, I am not drinking the stuff for taste or because I like it, I am drinking it becasue it is what my body needs. If I wanted taste I would just eat brownies and cupcakes.

another option is to flavor as you go with flavor packs or sugar free drink mixes like sugar free kool aid or crystal light (or the knockoff versions of it)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws