over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trueprotein's beef isolate

EasyEJL

Registered
What flavors go well with it? I know each protein type tends to have flavors that work better with it since they have different starting taste profiles for the unflavored powder.

I've heard chocolate coconut is well liked. I'm getting my first try of it this week. I've also used dutch chocolate. i liked that one as well. only two I've tried though.

the chocolate coconut has a coffee like taste to it. its good, but it was a little surprising when it tasted somewhat coffeeish when i was expected choco-coconut

Whatever you do dont make the mistake I went with which was chocolate(unflavored) and stevia for sweetner. Now I have to add 2 packets of splenda to each shake and its pretty good. When I reorder im gonna go with a premium flavor. Prob choc/coconut which I hear is great.

When I ordered dutch chocolate it had a nutty taste to it. also surprising at first but I really came to love it. I'm kinda excited about the coffee taste that was mentioned now. I love coffee.

is this actually a powder from of protein from beef? if so, whey has a much better protein score/bioavailability, ...if you're gonna use protein powder, why not stick with whey? or am i missing something here?

bioavailability is an easy concept to abuse. is whey more bioavailable than casein? hard to say, as whey causes more protein oxidation, so for same # of g taken in casein retains slightly more than whey.... for me its more about variety anyhow

Last edited:
bioavailability is an easy concept to abuse. is whey more bioavailable than casein? hard to say, as whey causes more protein oxidation, so for same # of g taken in casein retains slightly more than whey.... for me its more about variety anyhow

interesting way of looking at it
whats your personal feedback on the beef protein? also,wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just eat real beef?

Whatever you do dont make the mistake I went with which was chocolate(unflavored) and stevia for sweetner. Now I have to add 2 packets of splenda to each shake and its pretty good. When I reorder im gonna go with a premium flavor. Prob choc/coconut which I hear is great.

lol i did the same thing by accident. I got some sugar free nesquick and problem solved.

Haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be a good addition to the mix. Overall since the different protein sources all have variations in the amounts of different amino acids and none match human amino needs precisely, making sure you get variety seems more valuable to me, and also means a better distribution of other micronutrients. So there too there is more to the choices than a simple question of bioavailability. The body is a pretty complicated machine :D

Most of my protein comes from whole food, I don't always even have 1 shake a day (although there are days where I have more than 1). I have the luxury of working from home and having a home gym, so I can flip a fish fillet or chicken breast or thin sliced top round steak onto the frying pan or grill anytime i want to. But for those moments where I need something fast, I could see using 8 oz calorie countdown milk, 4oz of liquid egg whites and a scoop of beef isolate for a shake, giving a nice variety all in one shaker.

I got the dutch coloate...pretty good

The chocolate-coconut is pretty good, and i'm not a coconut fan.

I have double-dutch chcoclate whey isolate, choco-coconut BPI, and also plain unflavored BPI.

I'll mix a scoop of each into a shaker with water or non-fat milk.

The BPI doesn't mix that well in a shaker though. It clumps up and floats at the top. I imagine it would help to use it in a blender or one of those Magic Bullets.

BMJ

is this actually a powder from of protein from beef? if so, whey has a much better protein score/bioavailability, ...if you're gonna use protein powder, why not stick with whey? or am i missing something here?

A lot of the knowledgeable bros on here are saying beef iso is far superior to whey. Might be a better/more amino acid profile. I'm going to believe them on this one. Also, notice that I stay full on beef iso whereas with whey I get hungry rather quickly.

A lot of the knowledgeable bros on here are saying beef iso is far superior to whey. Might be a better/more amino acid profile. I'm going to believe them on this one. Also, notice that I stay full on beef iso whereas with whey I get hungry rather quickly.

the beef iso keeps me fuller longer as well. dante put it best when he said what would you rather use to build muscle, meat or milk.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131