over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Truth about dosing

Nicknack

Banned
Hi Guys,

First I want to say that I have learned so much from you guys on the boards and I truly appreciate Big A and the Mods for creating and maintaining a tool for all of us to learn and grow from. So, I was talking with a pro at my gym. He was kind enough to take me under his wing and offer dosing advise. I explained my dosages which I thought to be right on for my weight and experience level. He said to double everything I was taking. This would put me over a gram of test e weekly, 800mg Deca weekly and 100mg of D-bol daily. I asked him.. Arent those dosages appropriate for someone at your level and not someone at my level? He said, "You have to take those dosages to get to my level". I just wonder what you guys think? Whats the truth? My stats are below.

Age- 30
Height- 5'10
Weight- 200
BF- 13%
Gear Experience - 10 years
Competitive Bodybuilder looking to reach higher level.

I know that that's got to be near truth....i don't care what people attribute to genetics....there are insane amounts of gear being run through those guys, no buts about it

As it has been said before, some people respond very well to just a low dose while others have to take larger amounts. Some are just lucky that way.
If I were you there is noway I would consider doubling my dose, that is just dangerous and not needed. Instead if you are not growing on what you are on now perhaps increase the test dose by 100 mg/wk etc. Makes small steps until you start to grow again and then stay with that. Of course you need to look at training, diet, sleep, etc too and see if youre where you need to be.

There's a thread Big A started. Read his first post.
You said ten years of gear, right? According to your stats, I would say at least that amount.
But everybody's different. He has the experience, by being a Pro, so you have to decide who to take advice from.

Last edited:
He's probably right..but you have to decide if the benefits outweigh the risks for you

He's probably right..but you have to decide if the benefits outweigh the risks for you

should probably focus on that bolded part and lock the thread right there before it turns into a hundred page thread!! ha

Thanks Guys! A lot of good advise and references. I will take all of the advise into consideration and read some more of Big A's postings. Ultimately it sounds like its about the bolded text above.

If you have 10 years of gear experience and only have 174 pounds of LBM at 5'10, you might want to reassess your diet and training.

and.. here is where you must make a choice.. i can not fathom going that high.. i am not trying for a pro card.. nor am i trying to be a national level guy.. so that dosage is out of the question.. what are you taking now..?

If you have 10 years of gear experience and only have 174 pounds of LBM at 5'10, you might want to reassess your diet and training.

Wow, yea looking at stats something else is seriously wrong. Even if your bodyfat is 10% something else needs fixed majorly - not trying to give you a hard time or avoid the question, just keeping it real. Maybe we can help you sort some of it out if you let us know generally what you are doing (especially diet).

Bro, it has been said by a few and I am just going to piggy tail on this one. According to your stats and usage of gear, your stats should be a great deal more impressive. Yes, genetics do play a role, but ten years, something is wrong. I would deff. check your diet and your training than increasing your gear. It's never to late, but do more research on how to improve your diet and change up your routine at the gym. Many talk about usageo fo mega dosages with no intention of ever competing or even taking it to a new level. The question I asked is why then take those mega dosages and put the body through a regiment that is not necessary for just keeping in shape and attaining a stronger a more fit body. Never Have Understood.

Last edited:
Ok Guys

I left out double the food. I sometimes take for granted people already know this.

Not to be a dick.......ok screw it Im going to be a dick......

This sounds like the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Maybe the questions should be re-worded such as down below...

"I know a really huge guy who says hes taking these huge amounts and I wonder if that's the secret. If it is, do you think I can look "pro like" if I take these amounts. I'd like to think I have good genetics and that I work hard and eat enough, so why on earth are these guys so much bigger and harder looking than myself?"

After 13 years and being a competitive bodybuilder, unless you have just come off a two year layoff, you are either doing some very wrong or to put it bluntly, this ain't the sport for you.

Don't confuse anything I've just said with that as me trying to proclaim that I am a know it all or that I am any better than you but this bullshit that has been going on lately has to stop. Posting up huge mega dosed cycles and then preaching that it's the end all be all of being pro (coupled with many other factors) is just foolish and dangerous. The reason why is people tend to jump straight to the part about the drugs and forget about the other important factors that come into play. Drugs are a very real part of this sport and sometimes in dosages that would make most people very sick and extremely unhealthy very fast.

The best part about what you have listed is, if it is indeed true, is that the more time you put into this sport the more of what I just typed becomes very obvious. So perhaps this is a last stiched effort to make sure all stones are turned over in hopes of discovering the holy grail of chemicals to make you "out lat-spread" Branch Warren in two years time. I hope you find it and if you do, send me a PM so I can become a millionaire. I'm out.

AWN

Ugh...

Not to be a dick.......ok screw it Im going to be a dick......

This sounds like the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Maybe the questions should be re-worded such as down below...

"I know a really huge guy who says hes taking these huge amounts and I wonder if that's the secret. If it is, do you think I can look "pro like" if I take these amounts. I'd like to think I have good genetics and that I work hard and eat enough, so why on earth are these guys so much bigger and harder looking than myself?"

After 13 years and being a competitive bodybuilder, unless you have just come off a two year layoff, you are either doing some very wrong or to put it bluntly, this ain't the sport for you.

Don't confuse anything I've just said with that as me trying to proclaim that I am a know it all or that I am any better than you but this bullshit that has been going on lately has to stop. Posting up huge mega dosed cycles and then preaching that it's the end all be all of being pro (coupled with many other factors) is just foolish and dangerous. The reason why is people tend to jump straight to the part about the drugs and forget about the other important factors that come into play. Drugs are a very real part of this sport and sometimes in dosages that would make most people very sick and extremely unhealthy very fast.

The best part about what you have listed is, if it is indeed true, is that the more time you put into this sport the more of what I just typed becomes very obvious. So perhaps this is a last stiched effort to make sure all stones are turned over in hopes of discovering the holy grail of chemicals to make you "out lat-spread" Branch Warren in two years time. I hope you find it and if you do, send me a PM so I can become a millionaire. I'm out.

AWN

Dude I feel your frustration... The more we try and steer people in a healthier, more productive, long term BBing project it seems to go right back to extreme drugs. And it is becoming harder and harder to wanna even help people. It may be easier and less of a headache just to say Yes!! just double or triple that amount, you will be an IFBB pro in a few years if not months!

goo

No way...its so much easier just doubling or tripling the dose. Diet and training are too hard.

AMEN MAIN !

No way...its so much easier just doubling or tripling the dose. Diet and training are too hard.

Therein lies the problem and take it from someone who KNOWS firsthand. I used to think " well maybe if I just bang more test or deca or dbol ( or all of em) then I will get huge"... But it didn't work cuz THATS NOT IT ! And i am not saying Big A or anyone else here is wrong because at some point it does come down to dosing. But UNTIL you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you are in fact eating at least 300 + grams of protein and carbs EVERYDAY then it WONT help, I found that out for myself, because I was just not eating enough for my fast metabolism and thought it would be easier to just bang more stuff, but it didn't work cuz I just wasn't eating enough. Dante always said " you gotta eat your way up to 250 ( or whatever your going for) and over ten years ago he called me at home and when I told him my diet he said " double your carbs and eat more red meat" well let me tell ya it worked. IF YOU CANT EAT MORE THEN NO AMOUNT OF GEAR WILL WORK !

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear