over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Two drugs for prevention of AAS cardiac damage

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 106824

Just passing this along, I hadn't seen this before and thought you guys might be interested

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12012-009-9041-7

"Groups of six rabbits each were administered saline, testosterone, or a combination of testosterone and either trimetazidine or dexrazoxane for 3 months. Histologic cardiac lesions including necrosis, misshapen cell nuclei, interstitial and endocardial fibrosis, lymphocytic infiltrates, and vascular dystrophies were observed in testosterone-treated rabbits. In contrast, no significant lesions were observed in the animals treated with testosterone combined with either trimetazidine or dexrazoxane."

What was the dose of test given to the rabbits? Equal to 5g/wk for 200lb male?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easier read: http://www.ergo-log.com/cardiodrugs.html

Dexrazoxane is a sterile, pyrogen-free lyophilizate intended for intravenous administration. The IV administration of dexrazoxane is in acidic condition with HCl adjusting the pH
So not feasible for preventative purposes in bodybuilders.

Trimetazidine on the other hand sounds very interesting. But I would want to do much more research into it and consult a cardiologist before taking it.

Last edited:
What was the dose of test given to the rabbits? Equal to 5g/wk for 200lb male?

Actually, according to the study they only gave 8mg/kg PER MONTH to the rabbits, which is equivalent to roughly 2.5-3mg/kg PER MONTH for a human. To be honest that seems shockingly low as we're talking 300mg per month unless I'm reading the study incorrectly, but that's what the article states.

Easier read: http://www.ergo-log.com/cardiodrugs.html

So not feasible for preventative purposes in bodybuilders.

Trimetazidine on the other hand sounds very interesting. But I would want to do much more research into it and consult a cardiologist before taking it.

Yes I believe trimetazidine would be much more easily obtained and more commonly used since it's an anti anginal medication. Not necessarily suggesting people go and start randomly taking it but I did think this study was very interesting.

Actually, according to the study they only gave 8mg/kg PER MONTH to the rabbits, which is equivalent to roughly 2.5-3mg/kg PER MONTH for a human. To be honest that seems shockingly low as we're talking 300mg per month.

Thanks the link did not work for me. I think a good question is what is the normal levels of test in a rabbit compared to a human. Animal studies many times have very little correlation to humans. With a dose that low a normal man with avg natural test would have all kinds of heart issues. That's a bs study

Thanks the link did not work for me. I think a good question is what is the normal levels of test in a rabbit compared to a human. Animal studies many times have very little correlation to humans. With a dose that low a normal man with avg natural test would have all kinds of heart issues. That's a bs study

The main takeaway points are
1.) It is well known that AAS causes cardiac damage and the more studies that come out the more we see how it happens on a cellular level

2.) This study may provide another drug that could help mitigate that damage.

I am sure the large majority of users on this site have done SOME damage to their heart. The extent of which will depend on dosage, chronicity of use, lifestyle, and genetics.

The main takeaway points are
1.) It is well known that AAS causes cardiac damage and the more studies that come out the more we see how it happens on a cellular level

What my cardiologists told me about 10 years ago when I had my MI. There are things happening at the cellular level. They mentioned some changes in cellular metabolism too. Changes only seen through a microscope.

What my cardiologists told me about 10 years ago when I had my MI. There are things happening at the cellular level. They mentioned some changes in cellular metabolism too. Changes only seen through a microscope.

Yup, the reality is the information is out there. Unfortunately when I started AAS back in 2012 I had a strong bias to look for the information stating it was fine. "Bigger Faster Strong" documentary, forums, short term studies showing no issues in blood work, etc

and ignored the studies out there clearly showing these issues. We all turn a blind eye at times.

Paging gotgame... This is his world right here

Paging gotgame... This is his world right here

To be honest one of the reasons I wondered how legit the study was is because I had never heard GotGame mention trimetazidine and I figured if it was worthwhile he would have said something about it haha

To be honest one of the reasons I wondered how legit the study was is because I had never heard GotGame mention trimetazidine and I figured if it was worthwhile he would have said something about it haha

FWIW, the FDA has not approved this drug for use in the US due to adverse effects. Google around trimetazidine research and you'll eventually find why. Maybe add adverse effects if you're having trouble finding it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131