over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ubiquinol worth extra $$$

Yes...8x stronger than coq10 in studies. If you're over 30, you start to lose the ability to convert ubiquinone(coq10) into ubiquinol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The only peer-reviewed study in humans showing enhanced blood levels with ubiquinol was done on patients with advanced congestive heart failure who were suffering impaired absorption due to intestinal edema. Even in these patients an equal dose of ubiquinol resulted in blood levels less than ~3x higher making regular CoQ10 substantially more cost efficient.

Also, the only human study looking at conversion rates found no evidence for this supposed decline.

This is just the usual bullshit posted by LEF, Mercola, etc to sell expensive supplements with shitty rat and in vitro data.

Ubiquinol is the reduced form of CoQ10. ..ALREADY in the form your body needs. It's more efficient, thus stronger.

Ubiquinone is the form predominantly found within the mitochondria and is essential for energy production. Ubuiquinol is the form predominantly found in plasma and is the more potent antioxidant. There isn't a "form your body needs" as both are essential and one is readily converted to the other.

Do some reading.

Good idea.

Any one feel any physical difference from taking it?

I feel a difference in terms of blood pressure 200mg of ubiquinone (regular coq10) get my blood pressure from pre hypertensive to normal range in less than a week.

Cost efficient imo 800 mg of coq10 would be more effective and same price wise as 200mg ubiquinol ;) so even if you really converted it bad you would still get more bang for your buck
My money is on the ubiquinone.
Cost me about 12$ for 2 month supply at 200mg on iherb for 120 soft gel caps in oil to increase absorbtion.

Most of the people going for ubiquinol are the one who read the life extension articles to push their more expensive product. Even though most of the life extension information is spot on. People should be careful of companies with agenda.

If you really believe coq10 is as good as Ubiquinol and all the information on the subject out there is propaganda....you're high. No, but seriously - you are.

To think LEF or Mercola have fabricated this is silly. Besides, yes there's a price difference...but it's not large or prohibitive.

If you want to settle for less than optimal for your body, that's on you.

Last edited:
If you really believe coq10 is as good as Ubiquinol and all the information on the subject out there is propaganda....you're high. No, but seriously - you are.

To think LEF or Mercola have fabricated this is silly. Besides, yes there's a price difference...but it's not large or prohibitive.

If you want to settle for less than optimal for your body, that's on you.

So for the same price you really think 800 mg of coq10 is less effective than 200mg ubiquinol? For someone under 30 I don't think it makes any difference

Last edited:
So for the same price you really think 800 mg of coq10 is less effective than 200mg ubiquinol? For someone under 30 I don't think it makes any difference

You're mincing the facts. Besides, how many people do you know under the age of 25 or even 30 that pay enough attention and have the knowledge of their health to be supplementing with these things? My experience is when most people seem to care or be enlightened about their health, they are into the age range were ubiquinol is preferred. Not only that, but some studies suggest that Ubiquinol is 8 times as strong. Your 800:200 scenario is not in the proper ratio.

Please explain why.

Its a synthetic analog of coenzyme Q10 that has more than just anti-oxidant properties, it doesn’t oxidize like q10 performs better and it increase mitochondria function, helps under hypoxic conditions and it was actually made a drug recently for studies in Stroke, Alzheimer's disease, Multiple Sclerosis heart issues, but you still can get it as a supplement.

Which brand are you using and what's the cap per bottle, mgs etc?

Has anyone found out if true nutrition has coq10 or ubiquinol? There was confusion as to which it was earlier in the thread.

Which brand are you using and what's the cap per bottle, mgs etc?

Healthy origins 150 soft gel 200mg/soft gel
Or
Doctor best 120 soft gel 100mg/soft gel
Whichever is cheaper at the moment.
I'm trying the doctor best right now.

Btw Im 24 knight and I care about my health but I might be one in a thousand at my age to do that lol
I agree that if I had more money I would go for ubiquinol.

Btw this a great post on ubiquinone vs ubiquinol
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I believe firmly ubiquinol and ubiquinone works better, also lowers my BP @ 300-400mg per day for 3-4 months then lower to 100mg

He meant ubiquinol > ubiquinone (coq10).

Take your CoQ 10 with Fulvic/Humic acid here is why:

Fulvic acid provides a rich natural source of DBPs, which support and enhance CoQ10 levels in the body.9,14 When laboratory mice are supplemented with oral CoQ10 alone, CoQ10 levels rise in heart, liver and kidney tissue, as might be expected.1
Astonishingly, when DBPs from Fulvic acid are added to the supplement, CoQ10 levels rise still further—as much as 29% more in the liver alone!1

The DBPs from Fulvic are not only sustaining higher levels of CoQ10 from the supplement itself —they are actually increasing concentrations in tissues beyond what the supplement alone can produce.
One recent study highlighted just how DBPs from Fulvic preserve CoQ10 in its superior ubiquinol (active) form at a wide variety of pH levels.
For example, under alkaline conditions, DBP from Fulvic acid preserves CoQ10 as ubiquinol 48% better than CoQ10 ubiquinol alone at 60 minutes, and is an impressive 148% better at 100 minutes.
At neutral conditions (pH=7), DBP from Fulvic acid preserves CoQ10 ubiquinol 71% better at 72 hours than CoQ10 ubiquinol alone.1.

Take your CoQ 10 with Fulvic/Humic acid here is why:

Fulvic acid provides a rich natural source of DBPs, which support and enhance CoQ10 levels in the body.9,14 When laboratory mice are supplemented with oral CoQ10 alone, CoQ10 levels rise in heart, liver and kidney tissue, as might be expected.1
Astonishingly, when DBPs from Fulvic acid are added to the supplement, CoQ10 levels rise still further—as much as 29% more in the liver alone!1

The DBPs from Fulvic are not only sustaining higher levels of CoQ10 from the supplement itself —they are actually increasing concentrations in tissues beyond what the supplement alone can produce.
One recent study highlighted just how DBPs from Fulvic preserve CoQ10 in its superior ubiquinol (active) form at a wide variety of pH levels.
For example, under alkaline conditions, DBP from Fulvic acid preserves CoQ10 as ubiquinol 48% better than CoQ10 ubiquinol alone at 60 minutes, and is an impressive 148% better at 100 minutes.
At neutral conditions (pH=7), DBP from Fulvic acid preserves CoQ10 ubiquinol 71% better at 72 hours than CoQ10 ubiquinol alone.1.

Would it be even better if you took ubiquinol instead of CoQ10 along with the fulvic acid? Or if you take the fulvic acid you should stick to CoQ10?

Can't argue with that folks...

Should be super-simple for you to post a single peer-reviewed, published study showing the superiority of Ubiquinol in humans with fully functional intestines...

Good luck.

Ubiquinol has been shown to increase the hearts ejection fraction where Co-Q10 will not. I personally know two people who uses it with success for this purpose. I buy mine at Puritan's Pride. Cheapest place I've found. It all comes from the same place so doesn't matter about brand. On a side note I have also read people using it for kidney function with success. Lots of good info out there.

Ubiquinol has been shown to increase the hearts ejection fraction where Co-Q10 will not. I personally know two people who uses it with success for this purpose. I buy mine at Puritan's Pride. Cheapest place I've found. It all comes from the same place so doesn't matter about brand. On a side note I have also read people using it for kidney function with success. Lots of good info out there.

Wow $2.60 per gram is a great price

Last edited:

good info here. do you feel this is the best supplement you can take for the heart? seems like it may be with all the positive things you hear

Great info...thanks Jim. Good to see you around here buddy. I'm about to listen to your radio interview you just did..

good info here. do you feel this is the best supplement you can take for the heart? seems like it may be with all the positive things you hear
Ubiquinol and Magnesium. Not sure about Hawthorne berries/extract.

This added to the fact that to much q10 that doesn't get converted will turn pro oxidant helps make the choice over standard q10

Last edited:
Great info...thanks Jim. Good to see you around here buddy. I'm about to listen to your radio interview you just did..

Ubiquinol and Magnesium. Not sure about Hawthorne berries/extract.
thanks knight. would you say these 2 supps for overall cardiovascular health, or just the heart in particular?
currently take 400 magnesium citrate pre bed....
used to take coq-10, but thinking of starting up again with ubiquinol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner