advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Was gear back then better than it is now?

gawd i can still remember the taste of that shit

oh the good old days .. i remember me and my lifting partner buying our first cycles out of the trunk of a car in an arbys parking lot in 1988

parabolin and cypionate fof me

deca dbol for him

never felt anything like parabolin since i dont care what you say about tren enth or hex to me it just dont feel the same

at that time on bench i would do 225 on my second set for 8-10
2 weeks into that cycle i did 30 reps

Yeah. I remember I ended up buying winstrol tabs once because my guy was all out of ciba dbol. I was dissapointed at first but I gotta tell you that those tabs really worked well. much better than the injectable winstrol I bought about 10 yrs later. The injectable I bought was supposed to be human grade too, it came in 1cc ampules. I bought my stuff from a kid my age in the parking lot of the grocery store he worked,,lol. The stuff was trickling down from a nationally known powerlifter in my home town.

Last edited:
@ Myck,

You are aware that Deca-Durabolin and Laurabolin are two separate estered nandrolones?

Indeed I am. Laurabolin (at lower dosages) always gave me better results than Deca...even genuine, pharmaceutical Deca. I am a fan of the current UGL NPP as well.

It was but it wasn't know as tren. I can't remember the name of it...

there were at least 2 different trens i remember of in the 80's

finaject which if i remember right was 50 mg per ml and came in 50 ml bottles and im quite sure it was vet grade

and parabolin which came in 1 cc amps at i believe 100/ml

who remembers sten now there is one oldy that was not a goody
it would take 2 amps to make a dog hump a leg

Just got through the 1st page, but so far I've tried tren ace from 2 sponsors and 2 different Tests from a sponsor. They had what they claimed in there, but at least the 1st test and probably both trens were underdosed. I have also tried superdrol and some other designer steroid stack, sold OTC and I presume more properly dosed, and the test and tren have not even come close (compared 280mg weekly superdrol to 500 test or 200 test + 350 tren). Considerably more strength and size from the designer steroids. I think the injectables are just underdosed because from what everyone says about tren I found the lesser results very surprising.

I am upping my 350 tren to 700 these last 2 weeks of this cycle just to experiment. I certainly don't want to be taking 700 tren in my 3rd cycle but I am pretty sure that it is really not 700 tren. The sponsor I'm using has great reviews for his tren but I have also had people PM me about issues, one in particular (who has brewed his own for 10 years) said it felt like 30mg/ml to him so really this "700 tren" could be 210 tren lol.

Quality wise it was probably better back then with so much UG stuff now, but these days there is much more choice out there. There never used to be so many blends and high dosages.

Those Reforvit were the best dbol Ive ever taken. And the old school Naposims were 2nd.

Yeah, the Naposims were ok. For me it was : 1. Ciba dbol, 2. reforvit, 3. Naposims

^^^^

I'm not sure if tren was around in the mid 80's. I remember in the early 90s we had to homebrew our own using Synovex pellets from the vet, and this nasty stuff called DMSO as the delivery agent. That shit blew me up and made me retard strong.

Ahh yes, nostalgia right there. I remember ordering the cattle pellets as well, lol. Then microwaving it, mixing it with DMSO, spreading it on my forearms, covering it with saran wrap, going to sleep and then waking up with a rash...good times.....that was DEFINITELY renegade use right there!

I am also from the late 80's/early 90's crowd..T400, sus preloads, pinks when they only came in 5 mg tabs..those days were AWESOME, there was never (well ALMOST) any doubt on whether it was bunk or not. Then I got into the UG's in the early 2000's and the cleanliness of the product was definitely an issue. I never had to use a syringe filter for any of the early stuff..
I remember my first purchase of UG fina, I saw what appeared to be a very small piece of FINE lint in the bottle..couldnt really see it unless you put it up to the light..so I told my homie about it..he took it back and gave me another bottle...same thing..so I ended up filtering it twice, lol..god I miss the old days..

I think the biggest problem is people train and eat like shit compared to 'back then' and think drugs are magic and will make up for it.

I remember back to 1998 I did my first cycle , I used 1 50 ml bottle of brovel 50 mg norandren, and 100 5mg anabol. I gained 21 lbs in my first three weeks, and got strong as a bull.

All I use to run was Brovel, Tornel and a couple other mexican Vet brands. Never let me down! Painless and great gains everytime!!!:headbang:

I think the drugs were way better a long time ago. I used to see a lot more human grade. Omnadren, Sustaretard, Norma Deca, Naposim D-bol, Russian D-bol, pink thais, Schering Primo, and a lot of the Mexican vet stuff was pretty decent. My first cycle had aratest 250 from Mexico and Ttokkyo Deca with pink thais.

finaject which if i remember right was 50 mg per ml and came in 50 ml bottles and im quite sure it was vet grade

The parabolan were 76mg per ml.
I think Munzer's death stack included 152mg parabolan daily, because he used 2 amps at a time.

Last edited:
Me being an old geezer ( 41 yrs old in my avi pic) I would say that there should be no difference between year and todays gear, keyword SHOULD" But the fact is that in the old days it was all legit human grade pharmaceuticals used for legit medical reasons.Today as we know the game has changed, but there is no reason why test or other common items should vary one from another unless one is underdosed or bunk. One thing that may interest some of you is that in the early 80's steroids did not have the stigma that they did today and many in the non bb population had never heard of them! A doc could prescribe them for you and you could pic them up at the pharmacy down the street. He might even give you a few more refills on the same script no problem!

All I use to run was Brovel, Tornel and a couple other mexican Vet brands. Never let me down! Painless and great gains everytime!!!:headbang:

Tornel....besides the results...it just made me feel good.

Me being an old geezer ( 41 yrs old in my avi pic) I would say that there should be no difference between year and todays gear, keyword SHOULD" But the fact is that in the old days it was all legit human grade pharmaceuticals used for legit medical reasons.Today as we know the game has changed, but there is no reason why test or other common items should vary one from another unless one is underdosed or bunk.

I don't think anyone is saying 500mg legit Test today is any different than 500mg legit test 30 years ago, besides maybe quality/sterility, but that a lot of sources are very underdosed or completely bunk now.

I have been taking a prescribed medication for 4 years now. There are four different companies that make the generics that I use. These are all FDA approved generics of the same drug.... yet I get slightly different effects from all 4, with one of them being of far higher quality than the other three.
The one brand is so much more effective and actually has less side effects. My doctor said that he was told there can be a 25% variance in quality between generics and the real product.

If there can be that much variance amongst US pharm grade FDA approved drugs, imagine how much variance there is in UG products made with questionable raw powders in questionable environments?
It does not surprise me at all that a human grade amp of sust from a real pharmacy will result in more gains and less sides than a 250mg shot of UG sust.

I have been taking a prescribed medication for 4 years now. There are four different companies that make the generics that I use. These are all FDA approved generics of the same drug.... yet I get slightly different effects from all 4, with one of them being of far higher quality than the other three.
The one brand is so much more effective and actually has less side effects. My doctor said that he was told there can be a 25% variance in quality between generics and the real product.

If there can be that much variance amongst US pharm grade FDA approved drugs, imagine how much variance there is in UG products made with questionable raw powders in questionable environments?
It does not surprise me at all that a human grade amp of sust from a real pharmacy will result in more gains and less sides than a 250mg shot of UG sust.

+1

Funny you say that, because that's exactly what my uncle tells me and he's a podiatrist. This is very true. Different pharm companies use different fillers and mgs can be off for the same exact drug. That's why people report different feelings/symptoms/sides from not only aas, but prescribed medication in general.

Well this thread has inspired me to move back to pharma grade and see if it is still as good as back in the day, picked up some sus so im hoping to start enjoying the day after injections again instead of feeling like shit on this UGL crap most put out, lots of variables obviously like i appreciate you never gain like 1st few cycles but the feeling, mood wise etc was always better, so many solvents used nowadays leaving lumps and bumps at jab sites and got knows what else getting thru the filters and into our bodies.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Finajet and finaject were 30mgs per cc in those brown jugs from hoesht 'rousell. Parbolin were from negma they were 76mg /amp.
Many did not likesten due to low mgs. One of the best cycles i've done included sten(lots of it). T

I used to go to Mexico, inject 12ccs of sten and have boils on my neck by the time I got home an hour later. Road rage was the worst on that stuff. Sten was the dirtiest test on Earth.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws