Nice logging! . Love Bison, such a delicious red meat and lean!Want to give an update on where I am almost 8 weeks later. Here's a morning shot and gym shot from yesterday. Was 245.4lbs this morning and 250.6lbs last night before bed.
After my Dexa I bottomed out around 220lbs. so I'm up about 30lbs. over 6 weeks, much of it coming in the last 2. It took more calories than ever to get the rebound going this year.
Here's what my weekday diet looks like:
Above is for a training day. In the last 1-2 weeks I've had days in the 5,000s and 2-3 over 6,000. I adjust calories up and down based on how I'm gaining and how I look.
- Meal 1:
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 servings egg whites
- 5oz. bison top sirloin
- 3oz. chicken breast
- 2 servings Omegalyze
- MACROS - 591 calories / 79.5g protein / 0g carbs / 25.2g fat
- Meal 2:
- 4oz. skirt steak
- 6oz. 98% ground beef
- 0.75 scoop True Nutrition custom protein mix
- 1/2 bag Uncle Ben's rice roasted chicken flavor
- 3oz. pineapple
- Juice Plus orchard / vineyard / garden blends
- MACROS - 665 calories / 74.5g protein / 51.7g carbs / 14g fat
- Meal 3 - intraworkout:
- 1.5 scoops Karbolyn
- 5 scoops Purple Wraath EAAs
- 10g creatine
- MACROS - 300 calories / 0g protein / 75g carbs / 0 g fat
- Meal 4 - immediately postworkout:
- 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer
- 1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey
- MACROS - 790 calories / 90g protein / 88g carbs / 10g fat
- Meal 5:
- 2 scoops Rice N Grinds
- 1 serving grocery store brand low fat frozen yogurt
- 1.5 scoops Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey
- 1.5 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
- MACROS - 844 calories / 84g protein / 107.2g carbs / 4.7g fat
- Meal 6:
- This meal varies - sometimes I do rice and meat, sometimes I do a protein shake, but I always have some dessert items - last night I took it easy with:
- 0.75 scoop Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey
- 2 scoops True Nutrition custom protein mix
- 2 Eggo homestyle waffles
- 1/2 Lenny & Larry's chocolate peantut butter cookie
- 1 grocery store bakery double chocolate muffin
- 1 Quest bar
- 1 serving almond butter
- MACROS - 1,089+ calories / 95.5g protein / 57.5+ g carbs / 36+ g fat
- DAILY TOTAL - 4,300+ calories / ~420 g protein / 382+ g carbs / 90+ g fat
Rest days are 1,000+ calories lower just by cutting out the intraworkout and postworkout shakes. Sometimes I cut down to 3 meals, sometimes I do no carbs, just depends on how I'm gaining and how I look.
I still eat whatever I want on the weekends, just more of it.
For training, I've pulled biceps and triceps from my push and pull days to give them their own day, so now doing push / pull / arms / legs. It breaks down as:
Currently doing 3 on / 1 off and training is getting more brutal - as it should be - every workout. Added in 2 of my favorite bulking compounds a few days ago and my weight and strength are exploding right now.
- Push A - upper chest / front delts / medial delts
- Pull A - back thickness / traps
- Legs - glutes / hamstrings / abductors / adductors
- Push B - mid chest / medial delts
- Pull B - back width / rear delts / traps
- Legs - abductors / adductors / quads
Goal is to hit 275lbs. by early August then on to 300lbs. Might pull down for a bit to reset to a degree then push again. I'm open to whatever approach I have to take and however long I need to get there.