over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what can cause High Platelets?

iron lifter

Registered
Newbies
My last 10 blood work over the last 3-4 years always has my platelets around 190-233 range. but today they came back 336. they were 195 in December 2021.

the only time it was once high was 376 and i had smashed my toe so it was healing and obvious from the bruising and swelling. but in the absence of trauma what else can cause it to be high? i tested positive for covid 2 weeks ago , so maybe an infection systemically can cause it?

rest of my rbc h/h was in range.

336 is still normal - anything higher than 450 is considered high
With that said infection is a common reason platelets rise. If you recently had covid - that is probably the reason yours increased

• Acute blood loss
  • Hemolytic anemia
  • Infection
  • Inflammatory diseases
  • Iron deficiency anemia
  • Malignant disease
  • Surgery
  • Post splenectomy / hypospleenism
  • Drug reactions (vincristine, all trans retinoic acid, cytokines, growth factors)
  • Feedback (“reactive”) thrombocytosis
  • Trauma
  • **EDIT** - LAST WARNING, DON'T GO THERE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Myelodysplastic neoplasm most commonly involving JAK2 mutation. In such cases of essential thrombocythemia, the platelets are usually over 1 million.

• Acute blood loss
  • Hemolytic anemia
  • Infection
  • Inflammatory diseases
  • Iron deficiency anemia
  • Malignant disease
  • Surgery
  • Post splenectomy / hypospleenism
  • Drug reactions (vincristine, all trans retinoic acid, cytokines, growth factors)
  • Feedback (“reactive”) thrombocytosis
  • Trauma
  • **EDIT** - LAST WARNING, DON'T GO THERE!
Dear Moderator, PM me.

My last 10 blood work over the last 3-4 years always has my platelets around 190-233 range. but today they came back 336. they were 195 in December 2021.

the only time it was once high was 376 and i had smashed my toe so it was healing and obvious from the bruising and swelling. but in the absence of trauma what else can cause it to be high? i tested positive for covid 2 weeks ago , so maybe an infection systemically can cause it?

Iron insufficiency my friend
I went aceptic in hospital in icu over 2 weeks
My levels alllllllllp everyone was to high or low bottom line at the end my platlyd were off and it could be a cause of iron false neg...take iron vitamins for 2 months then get checked!!!!

It’s often impossible for doctors to say why this happens. My son had theombocytosis for many years when he was little. He first got diagnosed around 6 and had platelet counts over a million. They would do ultrasounds on all his vascular system looking for blockages and said he could die of a heart attack from next to nothing with such high counts.

When he was first diagnosed the doctor from the Children’s hospital called me on a Saturday and said come in now. I was out with my son and said I would go home and get my wife to come with. The doctor said “don’t do that. Come straight here immediately. There will be nurses waiting for you at the ER door. Just tell them your son’s name and they’ll take you directly in.”

We spent 3 days there letting them do every test they could on him. Bone marrow tests, a ton of blood tests, the ultrasounds. We worried he would bang his shin or elbow and get a blood clot so bad it would kill him. Medical bills for tests and monitoring went over a million dollars over a couple years. He went into a study in Maryland at the NIH.

Then after about 5 years the platelet levels started dropping and over about two more years they went down to about double what is considered normal. Which was way, way lower than what had been normal for him.

To this day, they don’t know what caused it.

It’s often impossible for doctors to say why this happens. My son had theombocytosis for many years when he was little. He first got diagnosed around 6 and had platelet counts over a million. They would do ultrasounds on all his vascular system looking for blockages and said he could die of a heart attack from next to nothing with such high counts.

When he was first diagnosed the doctor from the Children’s hospital called me on a Saturday and said come in now. I was out with my son and said I would go home and get my wife to come with. The doctor said “don’t do that. Come straight here immediately. There will be nurses waiting for you at the ER door. Just tell them your son’s name and they’ll take you directly in.”

We spent 3 days there letting them do every test they could on him. Bone marrow tests, a ton of blood tests, the ultrasounds. We worried he would bang his shin or elbow and get a blood clot so bad it would kill him. Medical bills for tests and monitoring went over a million dollars over a couple years. He went into a study in Maryland at the NIH.

Then after about 5 years the platelet levels started dropping and over about two more years they went down to about double what is considered normal. Which was way, way lower than what had been normal for him.

To this day, they don’t know what caused it.

I love diagnostic "zebras." You have piqued my interest. Tell me more.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws