over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHAT IS YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE?

Hercules said:
just got it checked 2 weeks ago....110/70....on supplements

Your lucky brother, that's perfect as to the new standards. 120/80 for anyone under 45 is said to be a little high nowadays. Try your best to keep it that way.

107/56 a little low, oh well, I'm sure some d-bol will fix it:)

mrcat said:
107/56 a little low, oh well, I'm sure some d-bol will fix it:)

It's mainly the point spread in between the 2 that you have that makes it a little off. The 107 is fine, but a difference of 51 means your heart takes a little more time than normal to react from what I understand.

Over the past month mine has varied between 151/91 to 130/80. Never used AAS, it is just high because of hereditary, stress, and general BB lifestyle (massive eating, heavy weights, BMI). Last time I went to the Dr about a month ago it was in the 130s and he didn't seem too concerned. I do 45 minutes cardio 4 times a week, I might increase it... now reading these posts has gotten me concerned.

Now, I do alot of cardio, take OTC supplements for BP and make sure I breath correctly while lifting.

which ones.

Anways who is reading these blood pressure guages and what types must play a role it what it actually is. I usually take a personal day off from work and scdedule all my doctors appiontments in that day and I will get 3 differnt readings at 3 differnt doctors offices. Anywhere from 110/65-120/80. When I start taking supplements up to 130/90.

dragonfire101 said:
which ones.

Anways who is reading these blood pressure guages and what types must play a role it what it actually is. I usually take a personal day off from work and scdedule all my doctors appiontments in that day and I will get 3 differnt readings at 3 differnt doctors offices. Anywhere from 110/65-120/80. When I start taking supplements up to 130/90.

Kyolic Healthy Heart 106
Contains:
Vitamin E (d-a-Tocopheryl succinate) 200.00 IU
Aged Garlic Extract Powder (bulb) 600.00 mg
Hawthorn Berry (fruit) 100.00 mg
Cayenne Pepper (fruit) 20.00 mg

I find that some garlic supplements end up making you smell like an Italian kitchen when you sweat, but these don't do that.

I also take Milk Thistle on the same regular basis to help out the liver.

dragonfire101 said:
which ones.

Good point on the readings.
When evaluating my BP and the meds I was on mentioned in the BP thread, I had (and continue to use) an average of readings to get an accurate BP reading.
Mine avg's 130/85 or so (or did) on supps and at a high bweight.
I am down 30 lbs and my bp is lower, low enough that it required a change in meds and gave me hope I can be off them when I tone it down even further to 250.

Vander_V said:
thanks for being honest your a good bro AWN.

Now my question is if lets say im at 148/86 now when we train lets say leg day how much do you think it rises just curious.

Im sure its different for everyone but there is a signifigant spike in your BP when training heavy. Even taking a test, a job interview, or anything that causes anxiety will cause your BP to skyrocket. Thats why when your allready carrying a bunch of body weight in can be dangerous. Excess fluid retention is what did it for me. As soon as I took care of the problem that was causing that it dropped a bunch. Pre-contest my BP was so low I was thinking something was wrong with me...lol. But take into consideration the cardio, clean diet, and everything else even with the supps and there is the answer.

Mid-high 120/high 60's off. On, my systolic jumps about 10 points but the diasolic stays the same? I'm medicated(Lotrel) BTW. I wonder if the "new numbers" are just a ploy to sell more BP meds just like they did with Statins-it puts most guys I know in the hypertensive bracket. Something to keep a watchful eye on for sure.....

Kaiser said:
It's mainly the point spread in between the 2 that you have that makes it a little off. The 107 is fine, but a difference of 51 means your heart takes a little more time than normal to react from what I understand.

You cannot overlook pulse pressure when assessing CV risk. Many studies have found pulse pressure to be a more accurate predictor of heart disease risk than either systolic or diastolic pressure. For those who don't know, pulse pressure is simply the difference b/w the systolic and diastolic. A 10-mm Hg increase in pulse pressure was found to increase the risk of major CV complications and mortality by nearly 20%. Pulse pressure becomes more important as we age however, as diastolic pressure is still thought to be the most reliable predictor of CV risk for those under 45. One study found that a 65-year-old-man with a blood pressure of 170/70 mm Hg has a risk of stroke, heart failure, or another CV event that is twice as high as that of another man of the same age whose blood pressure is 170/110 mm Hg. You should always consider increases in pulse pressure as a contributing risk factor when assessing overall health and CV risk however.

Rex.

My BP is 140-160/90's Its been pretty high for a while. It has fluxuated a few times. When i am on gear it has been at the high end of the normal range and when i have been clean and i was at my leanest no water retention etc... it was 160 over 91. I cant get a constant high reading to constitute getting on Bp meds. I am 34yrs 5'10 215. Been lifting heavy for 15 yrs. High BP runs in my family. But i do monitor on a daily basis, and lately it has been high. I own a business and the stress probablly has something to do with it.

The one thing that Kaiser was saying that makes alot of sense in the whole BS about not doing cardio while trying to gain size. I have followed that myth for many years untill this moment. Thanks Kaiser you opened my eyes. I was in Maui last summer and i was snorkeling, got caught in a current and after 1 min of kicking i about passed out from the exertion. I have always feared treadmills, steppers,etc.. but i think my heart is ok for short bursts of strength but for long range health issues i am going to stop looking at the treadmill and start walking a mile or so a day. I will let you know how the BP is after a month.

Thanks guys

Well, mine is usually around 110-120/55-65.

My Mom use to have high blood pressure and now my Dad does because he has emphysema. I bought him an electronic blood pressure cuff for Christmas a couple of years ago and he monitors it almost daily now. He had a hernia surgery last year and he was really lethargic afterwards when we came home. I made him get up and take his blood pressure and it was 85/50. I took him into town (35 min drive) to the ER. After that headache with the ER doc, his surgeon finally cut his b.p. meds down and cut out his aspirin so his pressure could come back up. [The ER doc was like, "No big deal." Pissed me off!]

V, Phil and anyone else:

Can you recommend a good BP tester? I don't know what pharmacies you have around your way but I have CVS and Wallgreens mainly.

I use the wrist cuff from walgreens,it's automatic and easy to use,the arm cuffs give a false reading because they are usually to small for our arms...oh, by the way,I bring it with me to my annual physicals to check the calibration, it's right on...just something you might consider. Mine runs 110/70 to 140/90
Peace,GF

Kaiser said:
V, Phil and anyone else:

Can you recommend a good BP tester? I don't know what pharmacies you have around your way but I have CVS and Wallgreens mainly.

Search "OMRON Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor" on ebay. You can pick one up brand new in the box for at least half, often less, of what you will pay locally. Some models have APS (advanced positioning sensor). These cost a bit more than the ones without APS. With APS retails for $99 or so, without is $70 or so I believe. You should be able to grab one brand new or slightly used with APS for $30-50. If you buy an arm cuff monitor, you will have to purchase a larger cuff to avoid false readings. Unless you're a skinny fucker. LOL. ;)

Rex.

Rex Feral said:
Search "OMRON Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor" on ebay. You can pick one up brand new in the box for at least half, often less, of what you will pay locally. Some models have APS (advanced positioning sensor). These cost a bit more than the ones without APS. With APS retails for $99 or so, without is $70 or so I believe. You should be able to grab one brand new or slightly used with APS for $30-50. If you buy an arm cuff monitor, you will have to purchase a larger cuff to avoid false readings. Unless you're a skinny fucker. LOL. ;)

Rex.

thats the one i have...
HEM-637 is the model i bought...i think it's pretty accurate with that advanced positioning system

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws