over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is your total cholesterol levels?

Good info. Thanks. I’ll cut them out.

If you’re going to keep your saturated fats moderately high (I do), and you’re also one of those that have a propensity for increased LDL from saturated fat - you may be APOE3,4
or 4,4. If so, adding some additional control levers may be prudent sooner than later to curtail Alzheimer’s and CVD events.

That said, even if your LDL does get elevated; it’s important to know if these are large fluffy benign LDL-particles -or-the small dense troublesome ones. The latter are what’s been theorized to be atherogenic.

Not to get too in the weeds here but the type of SFA’s can also be deterministic here too, as it relates to inflammation as well as LDL-particle size.

My total cholesterol level is 121.
HDL= 40
LDL = 58
Vldl = 23
Triglycerides = 117
Hdl: 71
Ldl: 61
Triglycerides: 43

No statin, nebivolol does it's job.

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_101751.jpg
    IMG_20220506_101751.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220505_153732.jpg
    IMG_20220505_153732.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 9
CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL255 mg/dL
HDL CHOLESTEROL26 mg/dL
LDL-CHOLESTEROL212 mg/dL
TRIGLYCERIDES104 mg/dL

This is about the worst Ive seen yet, except last test total was 290. This is after a month of crestor at eod 10 mgs.
Two years ago, using anabolics, more moderate doses, and taking more time on trt they were much better. 190- total, hdl-40,ldl 155, tryglyerides always been at 90-100. All this happened after I started insulin and upped carbohydrates. I know to get cholesterol levels better, when im not competing, to reduce carbs. Ive cut back on insulin a bit.

Started crestor doing 5 mgs eod, raloxifene 30 mgs eod, which does lower total, lower ldl mostly.

bought some red yeast rice and will take that maybe on trt, or in the place or crestor some days.

HDL increases when I take niacin in the form of nicotinic acid, raises hdlup to 40, and also riases alt ast liver ezymes. Take milk thistle for them. 600 mgs or so.

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL255 mg/dL
HDL CHOLESTEROL26 mg/dL
LDL-CHOLESTEROL212 mg/dL
TRIGLYCERIDES104 mg/dL

This is about the worst Ive seen yet, except last test total was 290. This is after a month of crestor at eod 10 mgs.
Two years ago, using anabolics, more moderate doses, and taking more time on trt they were much better. 190- total, hdl-40,ldl 155, tryglyerides always been at 90-100. All this happened after I started insulin and upped carbohydrates. I know to get cholesterol levels better, when im not competing, to reduce carbs. Ive cut back on insulin a bit.

Started crestor doing 5 mgs eod, raloxifene 30 mgs eod, which does lower total, lower ldl mostly.

bought some red yeast rice and will take that maybe on trt, or in the place or crestor some days.

HDL increases when I take niacin in the form of nicotinic acid, raises hdlup to 40, and also riases alt ast liver ezymes. Take milk thistle for them. 600 mgs or so.
As sugar intake increases, LDL cholesterol levels go up, whereas HDL cholesterol levels go down. Genetics will determine how much.
Also, insulin can promote atherogenesis.

Why the hell is my LDL the highest in the threat
My last LDL (May 22nd) was 210 whoopdy fucking doo, who cares, LDL has a job to do and in my body while I'm on a ketogenic diet and fat adapted there is a lot of fat usage and LDL has to transport that fat to be used.

Smoking tobacco products is also linked to high levels of oxidized LDL.
How about cannabis?

Some days,like today, didn't . Past week or so, been taking maybe ten tokes a day. Not much, and wouldn't think I'd cause much,
As sugar intake increases, LDL cholesterol levels go up, whereas HDL cholesterol levels go down. Genetics will determine how much.
Also, insulin can promote atherogenesis.
Yeah not ready to give carbs up. Currently at most muscular ever. When competition days are over, which will be in ten years at most, maybe eight, plan is to reduce anabolics, and carbs. GH take 1-1.5 Ius daily. First time I've heard of insulin promoting atherogenesis.

Taking these cholesterol promoting drugs, crestor, raloxifene, red yeast rice, niacin in the form of nicotinic acid. Will see how cholesterol looks on next lab results.

I've heard LDL divided by triglycerides or visa vera, I've done the math, is what's important, mine definitely needed improvement.

Btw Doctor that passed , I learned the most from, he was almost one hundred still practicing, said back in 50s cholesterol at 250 is perfectly fine. He said they changed the numbers and stations are over prescribed.

Just to be careful though since I do use anabolics , will take good cholesterol promoting drugs and or supplements.

Total cholesterol- 259

HDL 30
LDL 210
TRIGLYCERIDES 96

May 22nd this year

Most of my life before starting to experiment with low carb high fat ketogenic diet I always had very low cholesterol. Now my body can properly use fat for fuel better, my cholesterol is much higher and I stay much leaner without really trying.

Total cholesterol- 259

HDL 30
LDL 210
TRIGLYCERIDES 96

May 22nd this year

Most of my life before starting to experiment with low carb high fat ketogenic diet I always had very low cholesterol. Now my body can properly use fat for fuel better, my cholesterol is much higher and I stay much leaner without really trying.

I eat lower carbs (not strict keto but real close) mostly for inflammation and blood pressure. I have issues with them for some reason. I also have hand tremors (familial) that are multiples worse when carbs are consistent even at moderate amounts. I say this only so you know the why.

Anyway it's had the opposite effect on my lipids. Ldl and tris much lower. Hdl unchanged really.

I actually recall before getting on hrt (strict or cruise) my tris were super high and just increased test and lowering E2 (I had low serum t and high E2) made a huge difference. I'd pull the numbers but away right now.

My last LDL (May 22nd) was 210 whoopdy fucking doo, who cares, LDL has a job to do and in my body while I'm on a ketogenic diet and fat adapted there is a lot of fat usage and LDL has to transport that fat to be used.

Bingo

Same here - low 200’s and keto (carnivore here and there).

Also worth noting, SFA’s tend to increase HDL, thereby offsetting some of these concerns related to elevated lipids.

Ps. Triglycerides don’t get enough hate in these cholesterol-CVD debates (and metabolic disease) as they have been shown to be much more of a villain than “general” LDL values (excludes particle size arguments) and the acknowledgement of this is growing and being more widely accepted from my reading.

Not sure how we have gone 4 pages now w/o mentioning this. Keep Trigs low (and fasting insulin levels) and that’ll go a long way in curtailing cardiovascular and metabolic disease (and other diseases and even some cancers from what I’ve read).

FWIW: What causes high problematic Trigs? Excess carbs and processed bs.

I know there are a lot of high-carbers here so context is needed. The more muscle you have and active you are - you have huge sinks of glucose disposal and thus, healthy profiles and far less concern here - unless your genetics don’t process carbs well (various polymorphisms and alleles - example APOE 3,4 and 4,4).

You may have posted in another thread, but is your Keto style more "bodybuilding Keto" (calories 50% pro, 50% fat)? or more traditional Keto at 20% protein, 80% fat? Or do you not keep track that closely of macros?

You may have posted in another thread, but is your Keto style more "bodybuilding Keto" (calories 50% pro, 50% fat)? or more traditional Keto at 20% protein, 80% fat? Or do you not keep track that closely of macros?
It's a higher protein ratio but not that high, I eat about 160-200 grams protein when keto, depending how long I've been low carb and if I'm fat adapted.

I eat lower carbs (not strict keto but real close) mostly for inflammation and blood pressure. I have issues with them for some reason. I also have hand tremors (familial) that are multiples worse when carbs are consistent even at moderate amounts. I say this only so you know the why.

Anyway it's had the opposite effect on my lipids. Ldl and tris much lower. Hdl unchanged really.

I actually recall before getting on hrt (strict or cruise) my tris were super high and just increased test and lowering E2 (I had low serum t and high E2) made a huge difference. I'd pull the numbers but away right now.
Are you caucasian?

From what I understand carbohydrates tend to cause cholesterol levels to raise in Asians and caucasian s. African heritage, which the average north American African had twenty percent caucasian in them, on average, process carbs differently. My brother studies high level stuff on racial differences. I'll ask him next time I talk with him. That may explain why Bboy did about the opposite of what happened with you and I.

Since you’re doing a keto diet, the increase in LDL should not be a bad thing. In fact, it could be a good thing for overall health. I think it’s important to note that you are not consuming any sugar on a keto diet. Therefore, the healthy LDL cholesterol in your body has much less ability to oxidize and create potential problems.

Are you caucasian?

From what I understand carbohydrates tend to cause cholesterol levels to raise in Asians and caucasian s. African heritage, which the average north American African had twenty percent caucasian in them, on average, process carbs differently. My brother studies high level stuff on racial differences. I'll ask him next time I talk with him. That may explain why Bboy did about the opposite of what happened with you and I.

I am - Euro mutt pretty much. Interesting. Had no idea. Very interesting. I'm also an O blood type which I hear tends to do better with meat/fish, veggies and lower overall carb intake.

My total cholesterol level is 121.
HDL= 40
LDL = 58
Vldl = 23
Triglycerides = 117
i don't know how you make any steroids at all with cholesterol that low.

I am - Euro mutt pretty much. Interesting. Had no idea. Very interesting. I'm also an O blood type which I hear tends to do better with meat/fish, veggies and lower overall carb intake.
O negative myself. Mom is too for sure. Brother is too, I think. Company is giving away a 2020 Ford mustang, for a lucky winner that donates blood by labor day, or donated since memorial day . I would be healthier like this, I think, a long with stay on trt a lot of months the year , and doing maybe three six week anabolic hormone phases per year, or adjust as desired, add in more healthy fats it'd be more ideal.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws