over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is your total cholesterol levels?

Last labs…
Total- 176
HDL- 42
Triglycerides- 78
LDL- 117

not too bad considering my current T and E2 levels. Total T- 3500 free T- 1100 and e2- 18. I think I need to back off a bit with it!

I try to eat the majority of my proteins from fish so I don’t have to take that much fish oil. I feel like that helps my cardiovascular health but who knows!

Just a note here.

Last fall I dropped all my "natural supps" and did 5mg Crestor 2x a week and my numbers were a little worse on the Crestor than they were on the natural supps minus the Ezetimibe (I was not on that).

When I went to 5mg Crestor 3x a week I felt like I got hit my a truck after about 2 weeks- sever body/joint pain. So I pulled it and added the Ezetimibe and added back in the natural supps.

So.... I do think the Ezetimibe is also helping to move the dial.
I can assure you Ezetimibe is doing pretty much all the work. While still beneficial, no natural supplements come close to Ezetimibe as far as lowering ApoB/LDL goes. All bodybuilders should be using it.

My latest labs. I take 5mg Rosuvastatin, 10mg Ezetimibe, and do a bunch of other things but those two move the needle the most.

ApoB: 58 (the only result that really matters)
LDL: 55
HDL: 47
Triglycerides: 75
Total cholesterol: 117

My latest labs. I take 5mg Rosuvastatin, 10mg Ezetimibe, and do a bunch of other things but those two move the needle the most.

You mind going into why Apo B is the only thing that really matters??

I’ve heard Peter Attia touch on that a little bit..

My Apo B is naturally 75 (tests say optimal is below 90)….

I do take Vascepa 2g per day.. And I eat like 90% healthy, about once a week I’ll have some cheat meals and desserts..

Cardio ranges from intense Tabata sprints on an Air Assault bike, BJJ or sometimes just walking the dog… I do average about 15k steps per day too, I’m very active with work..

How do you keep your HDL so hi? My numbers are like yours, but HDL is 17

Recent as of last week… No medications

Total - 133
HDL - 40
LDL - 82
Triglycerides - 72

Cage

How do you keep your HDL so hi? My numbers are like yours, but HDL is 17
I haven’t blasted in a while so I’m not taking anything that would lower it much other than TRT. If your HDL is 17, I would guess you’re on a cycle right now. Getting off the blast/cycle would start to normalize it.

I don’t target HDL though since artificially increasing it hasn’t shown any mortality benefits so i really don’t pay attention it. ApoB is really the one to focus on

You mind going into why Apo B is the only thing that really matters??

I’ve heard Peter Attia touch on that a little bit..

My Apo B is naturally 75 (tests say optimal is below 90)….

I do take Vascepa 2g per day.. And I eat like 90% healthy, about once a week I’ll have some cheat meals and desserts..

Cardio ranges from intense Tabata sprints on an Air Assault bike, BJJ or sometimes just walking the dog… I do average about 15k steps per day too, I’m very active with work..
I would look for info from Dr. Thomas Dayspring on Apo B. He explains it much better than I could. It is the greatest risk factor for atherosclerosis by far.

Important to note that having an ApoB below 60 makes it virtually impossible to accrue any atherosclerosis and could even reverse it.

I couldn’t get mine below 80-90 so I had to go the pharmacological route in order to force it down.

You lower it the exact same way you lower LDL. When one goes down, so does the other.

What’s your cardio like? Supplementation?
I take 4 grams of Lovaza a day, it’s prescription omega 3’s.

Cardio is 20 miles on a bike daily. Heart rate is around 110. Hard to get the number up on bystolic.

I would look for info from Dr. Thomas Dayspring on Apo B. He explains it much better than I could. It is the greatest risk factor for atherosclerosis by far.

Important to note that having an ApoB below 60 makes it virtually impossible to accrue any atherosclerosis and could even reverse it.

I couldn’t get mine below 80-90 so I had to go the pharmacological route in order to force it down.

You lower it the exact same way you lower LDL. When one goes down, so does the other.

Thank you, will definitely check out the info..

I don't know WTF you guys are taking to put your cholesterol in the 100-120 range but you're probably doing yourselves more harm than good.

I don't know WTF you guys are taking to put your cholesterol in the 100-120 range but you're probably doing yourselves more harm than good.
The studies i have seen show life expectancy is less for people with totals cholesterol below 130 then if it is over 200. And the best longevity seems to be about 215 from a study i saw done with 12.8 million people. Mine is naturally around 142-144 for years and dropped to 135 the last 2 years and my Dr. has wanted it up for years but that is not happening.

Are you saying nebivolol has a positive benefit to cholesterol?
That is correct. A couple studies:

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/article/39/suppl_1/ehy565.P1871/5083589?login=false

It has a very benifical effect on cholesterol, meaning ldl, hdl, triglycerides and total cholesterol.

I naturally have lower cholesterol with high hdl (around 65-70) and low triglycerides and ldl. No family history of a heart attack or clogged arteries or whatever. My grandparents have other health problems instead.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131