over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what kind of coffee are you drinking

Organic Fair Trade Mount Hagen Instant Coffee

Only reason I do instant is so I can take a full teaspoon or two of the coffee powder straight to the mouth if I don't feel like brewing and drinking it.

what are you guys drinking. since its full on anti-oxidants and caffeine its not only my morning ritual but also my pre-workout. what brands do you guys use. looking to try some new stuff. low acidic, fair trade, organic is important to me.[/QUOTE

Patriot Coffee, they are Fantastic. Veteran owned and run.

Usually just various k cups that look appealing..morning and pre workout generally. I don't get too fancy with my coffee :D

I hear ya, not trying to get fancy :D I have just been drinking folgers and know I'm drinking shit and I love coffee so just want to get something that is organic to get away from the pesticides and easy on the stomach with the acidity. the older you get coffee becomes life. when I was you I never understood my dad drinking coffee all the time.......I get it now. thanks again for all the replies.

Good thread man..

cool, thank you. gonna research French press's today. where do you buy your beans?

I worked as a coffee Roaster for a National chain and developed a passion for coffee. The master roaster i apprenticed under gave me a French Press and that was it for me I never looked back. Everyone I’ve turned on to it never goes back to standard makers.

The better the coffee the better the taste in a Press so no Folgers or flavored. Get the good stuff. Keep trying new stuff. High price doesn’t always equate to high quality. It’s all about personal preference though.

I just buy ground and use tap water I’m not a purist. Light roasts are more caffeinated than dark. Don’t store coffee in a freezer. Anyway right now I like Starbucks Sumatra (dark) and Varanda (blond/light).

A few weeks ago I tried a new brand owned by Starbucks but a few bucks cheaper called Seattle’s Best. It’s really worth trying if you want to keep your coffee buying under $6

I worked as a coffee Roaster for a National chain and developed a passion for coffee. The master roaster i apprenticed under gave me a French Press and that was it for me I never looked back. Everyone I’ve turned on to it never goes back to standard makers.

The better the coffee the better the taste in a Press so no Folgers or flavored. Get the good stuff. Keep trying new stuff. High price doesn’t always equate to high quality. It’s all about personal preference though.

I just buy ground and use tap water I’m not a purist. Light roasts are more caffeinated than dark. Don’t store coffee in a freezer. Anyway right now I like Starbucks Sumatra (dark) and Varanda (blond/light).

A few weeks ago I tried a new brand owned by Starbucks but a few bucks cheaper called Seattle’s Best. It’s really worth trying if you want to keep your coffee buying under $6

Your post is full of some good and bad advice.

Good advice - French press is best. Too much work for me.

Bad advice - Starbucks ground.

Find something you like and be sure that you buy beans and ground it in the store, or better at home. That will ensure optimal freshness.

BTW - For pre-ground shit; I like the Peets Coffee Major Dickenson

Your post is full of some good and bad advice.

Good advice - French press is best. Too much work for me.

Bad advice - Starbucks ground.

Find something you like and be sure that you buy beans and ground it in the store, or better at home. That will ensure optimal freshness.

BTW - For pre-ground shit; I like the Peets Coffee Major Dickenson

Yeah beans ARE best for sure. Like I said I’m not a purist. It is a lot more work also. For me that’s part of the enjoyment

I also understand OPs not wanting to buy Starbucks products I was that way and still look for alternatives but fact is it’s terrific coffee and for me worth putting my dislike of the company aside. Even the owners of the competitor I worked for occasionally drink their stuff it just is what it is.

I’m curious what his reasons are there certainly is no shortage of possibilities. Company practices, price, treatment of overseas producers and on and on.

Last edited:
Spend the time (24 hours) to cold brew a bag of beans through a Toddy coffee system and you'll never look back! IMO offers the best tasting coffee despite the brand as the cold brew process takes out the acidic taste that comes with most brewing styles.

CON: Time - needs about a day for the water to filter through the coarse ground beans.

PRO: TASTE and that one day of prep = 1 bag of coffee ready to go in a concentrated version; just throw a shot of it in water or a shake and that's it!

Spend the time (24 hours) to cold brew a bag of beans through a Toddy coffee system and you'll never look back! IMO offers the best tasting coffee despite the brand as the cold brew process takes out the acidic taste that comes with most brewing styles.

CON: Time - needs about a day for the water to filter through the coarse ground beans.

PRO: TASTE and that one day of prep = 1 bag of coffee ready to go in a concentrated version; just throw a shot of it in water or a shake and that's it!
Sounds like freebasing crack but I’m into it!

Doesn't coffee cause cancer too? That's some stupid shit. I typically drink whatever is available. I used to never even drink it.

I don't always drink coffee, but when I do, I drink dos equis.

100% Kona coffee

I only drink a cup a day , but it's a big cup.
I mix a teaspoon of Kerrygold butter and a little chunk of dark chocolate.

I drink Deathwish coffee though , it's strong and I know one of the founders.

https://www.deathwishcoffee.com

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180401-192858~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20180401-192858~2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 63
I like the Starbucks brand really well but I do try other brands. Just tried McCafe this past week and was not impressed. I make percolator pots of coffee every day and probably drink way more than I should,,but I do love it.

This looks brutal, definitely going to give this a shot! How would you describe the flavor GS? I bet the chunk of chocolate gives it some nice flavor!

I had deathwish, its actually pretty good coffee but pretty expensive if you drink more than one cup. I love dark chocolate (I think 83%) its my go to preworkout. it amazing me people pay good money for all these garbage pre-workout formulas. I have had some of the best workouts after working 16 hours and being on the tired side. if you depend on preworkouts to make it to the gym find another hobby.

I don't really drink coffee that much anymore because it makes me way too hot if I'm in a rush BUT...

Favorite regular ass coffee to brew at home: community coffee cafe special (it's a medium-dark)

Favorite to have from anywhere else: waffle house coffee. It's basically tasty crack.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws