over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When is enough enough?

MR.BICEPS

Banned
G-S the adminstrator at ANABOLIC FREAKZ made the most honest post I have yet to read on any board a few days ago. It brought about quite a stir from many including members of other boards.

In a nutshell G-S spoke about how steroids and training has consumed his life. Its a rather amazing testimony and many others are experiencing some of the same problems such as neglecting family-friends,dwelling on the fact someone somewhere is bigger and stronger than you,and how he still has not got to the point were he thinks he should be.

I have never been addicted to anything in my life other than weight lifting. Now I am addicted to steroids. I've been cycling off and on for nearly two years and I dont see no end to my use of these drugs. Never have I experienced anything I could see myself addicted too until I injected some testosterone. Now I am hooked!!!!! When will enough be enough ???? I can not see me quitting anytime soon or ever for that matter. ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME WAY?

IMHO

I really think that for someone to know when enough is enough is when it literally consumes your whole life, when its all you talk about and all you think, worry, dream etc. about. And then after that it gets to your friends, family, work, boyfriend/girlfriend.. whatever it may be it effects thtem as well. That makes them think that youre extremely selfish and who gives a fuck about anyone else.. when you dont even mean it. Bbing is a very independent sport.. there is no team.. it all about you. So theres no doubt everyone can have a little bit of selfishness or ego.. its normal and it comes with it. There is a difference in that compared to completely shutting off the rest of your life besides your diet, training and competitions. Thats when its gets out of hand. There is a difference in being driven and determined from being obesessed. There is life outside of the gym so everyone has to balance everything out. We all live a very different lifestyle which alot of people dont understand. But if you can manage to fit in everything else in your life along with majority of your life in the gym then you can focus on both major parts of "this" lifestyle and that will still show others that you care and can make time for them as well. :)

Haa Haa you two are funny. I think both of you are pretty darn obssesed! lol

I still believe steroids are the most addictive thing I have ever put into my body. MAYBE ITS THE ADDED MUSCLE MASS AND RAGING SEX DRIVE I GET FROM USING TEST? :D

Well REA,

Sounds like VANDER knows you pretty well. You may want to consider what he has to say. I was once obsessed with natural bodybuilding and I missed out on some good times due to my rigid program.

Good to know you have friends like VANDER who care enough to be truthful with you.

I just hope VANDER doesnt start being honest with how fat I am! lol :D

Well, Vander, maybe Rea doesn't see it as obsession, maybe that's just how she likes to spend her time. I'd take a girl who wants to spend time on the stepmill over a girl who wants to wallow around in a tub of ice cream anyday.

Also, you have to remember, Vander, that the sport you compete in and the sport Rea competes in are very different. Rea doesn't have the luxury of putting on 40 pounds after a contest like you do. The dietary restriction Rea has to endure are almost constant because of differences in metabolism, natural hormonal structure and gear usage. In other words, you're trying to get bigger and bigger, so you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want when your not preping for a contest. If you come in 15 pounds heavier from one show to the next...great, for Rea though, that's not the case. She has to be somewhat strict all the time.

Hell she's only 19, no one knows exactly what they want from life at 19. In my opinion you're right though, she's not like ANY normal girls out there......THANK GOD!!

BigBoyJ said:
Well, Vander, maybe Rea doesn't see it as obsession, maybe that's just how she likes to spend her time. I'd take a girl who wants to spend time on the stepmill over a girl who wants to wallow around in a tub of ice cream anyday.

Also, you have to remember, Vander, that the sport you compete in and the sport Rea competes in are very different. Rea doesn't have the luxury of putting on 40 pounds after a contest like you do. The dietary restriction Rea has to endure are almost constant because of differences in metabolism, natural hormonal structure and gear usage. In other words, you're trying to get bigger and bigger, so you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want when your not preping for a contest. If you come in 15 pounds heavier from one show to the next...great, for Rea though, that's not the case. She has to be somewhat strict all the time.

Hell she's only 19, no one knows exactly what they want from life at 19. In my opinion you're right though, she's not like ANY normal girls out there......THANK GOD!!

hey thanks for tryimg to help but you really dont know. i didnt say she was obsessed . im not telling her to eat a fucking tub of ice cream instead of using the stepmill, im just saying enjoy the fruits of life. You DO NOT know the half of it.

Im done with this , Rea you took EVERYTHING I SAID PERSONAL and thats simply not my intention . Im out.

Last edited:
Dont wanna get in the middle of this one cuase theyl both prolly kick my ass lol, but i gotta throw my 2 cents in. Im gonna go ahead n agree with Rea here, sorry Vander haha. I live my life the same way minus the diet (i eat everything adn anything). Its what i LOVE to do. Its not like its a chore or hard for me at all, i love every single minute of waking up every day lookin foward to training (i get excited thinkin bout it lol). Preparing my protein shakes in my shaker bottles before i go to work. Making my meals for the day. I fawkin go to work and when i dont have a client for an hour i eat my meal and go on the net n read about fitness. I fuckin love it! Iv also never tasted alcohol in my life or smoked ANYTHING. I like being able to say iv never done it, i dont have the temptation, absolutly no desire what so ever to do it. I am SO content with sippin my protein shakes and sittin around havin a good time while everyone else drinks. I think its actually funnier watchin u guys act like assholes n the things u guys say when im sober, ur drunk, and il remember every bad move u make the next day! lol . I dont think Rea is obsessed, cause shes not doing this against her will. The part ur misunderstanding here is shes having FUN doin it, she enjoys it. Correct me if im wrong, its not cuase she HAS to do it, its cause she chooses to and loves the ride. Another point, im sure u wouldnt half ass ur job vander that pays ur bills and secures ur life, this is part of whats gonna take care of hers, why would she?

But Vander, takes a great friend to sit there and tell you exactly how it is, lay it all out 110% and if u dont like it tough. I have ONE friend like that, he belongs to this board, he competes with me, my age, and hes one of the few opinions il ever listen to of the poeple i know, cuase hel tell me how it is straight up no sugar coating. Thats how i am, thats how i like others to be.

I havent a clue do i.

i erased all my posts here and im gonna leave it at that.

you guys can see it how you wish and call me crazy for all i care .

never again will i try to speak my mind and tell you what i think ok so you wont have to worry about that REA lets just act like we dont care about each other and are simply just atheletes, ok great then peace.

Origional post. . .

Originally posted at AnabolicFreakz by GS

Thought I would address a topic that I think many of us battle with, yet I've never seen anyone talk about it.

When I began serious weight training, some 7+ years ago, I had many hobbies, and many things I enjoyed doing.

I was an avid hunter, loved camping, and loved the outdoors. I was one of the biggest sports nuts you would ever find, and I spent the majority of my time honing my fantasy football skills. I kept in close contact with the majority of my "good" buds that I grew up with. Spoke to them often, and always hung out with them and their wives, and kids, etc.

In the year 2000, things began to change. Ive never admitted it to anyone, not even my wife, but I think they have changed for the worse. Things I used to enjoy mean nothing to me now. I haven't pulled my bow out and went deer hunting in 3 years. I've spent less and less time in the woods since I started using AAS. I've began to care less and less if I see an old buddy or not. I tend to get an attitude now and again that makes it not very fun to be around. I don't speak to my parents NEAR as much as I used to. I don't like to be inconvinenced by anyone, not even my own kids.

Why?

The only thing that seems important to me now is my own body, and how big and strong I can be. I wake up, walk right to the bathroom, and look in the mirror. I plan cycles that I'll never do. I continually beat myself up over the fact that somewhere, in some gym, there is someone that is stronger, and more intimidating than I.

When I first got into this, I said "20lbs is all I want". That was countless amounts of gear ago, and I'm still not where I think I should be. I'm not shy to admit it, but this AAS use, and weight training has consumed my life, and is driving away those who care about me most.

I need to make changes. Not sure how, not sure when. But I do need to change.

No, I'm not going anywhere. Even if I ever did go clean, I'd still be here to support my brothers and sisters in the iron game. But, I just wanted to lay this on the line, in hopes that those newbies who get into this with the mind set that they can get where they want - it most likely won't happen.

There are more important things in life than this - we all know that. So if you are new, don't let the same things happen to you that have happened to me. Because if I sat here and told you that AAS use is NOT addictive, I'd be a liar. I'm living proof.

Sincerely - GS

similar by Shawn Ray

Good read by Shawn Ray.

As a young upstart teenager, I had dreams of one day making it big in a sport filled with big boys! I dove in deep with both feet, abandoning a life long vision of playing football in the NFL one day. The further I got into the Iron Game, the more selfish I became in the ways of looking out for number one. Bodybuilding is so time consuming and so individual, that by the time I looked up, I was a 14 year veteran of the Pro stage and I hadn’t had a serious meaningful relationship in years nor did I develop the spiritual side of me I knew existed deep between my muscles and self centered ways of the sport. Sure, hindsight is 20/20 but when you get as deep into this sport as I have been, it is hard to see the Forrest for the Trees, as it relates to life’s simple pleasures.

The routine of preparing for competition then going on tour and repeating it over and over again, year after year, consumes Life at Warp Speed! Before you know it, kids that once admired my work as a young professional are now fathers with kids following in my footsteps. Where did the time go? Traveling each weekend to different parts of the country and later the world, would become a lifestyle for the rest of my 20’s and 30’s. I often wondered as time melted away, what happens when my time was up and there are no more tours? I mean, I have watched careers come and go while pursuing my own and yet, there are so many things in life I have yet to experience and do. I have seen nearly every country in the world and even more gyms than I can remember yet, I have a lifetime of catching up to do regarding family, friends and the Lord! I would like to make things right with the Man upstairs for all the blessings I have had throughout this journey of competition, while the nurturing of special friendships have been in a holding pattern for years.

In this Life or the Next, we all have to take time to LIVE!

Breath, take a step outside ourselves to see what the world is offering in the ways of “Simplicity”. You don’t have to be 300lbs to be respected. Nor do you have to be tested on stage, by being judged to validate your accomplishments in the gym. Sometimes, while I am enjoying my year off from competition, I find myself wondering if the One Dimensional drive of bodybuilding is even healthy for the fittest of individuals, while so many sacrifices for so little in return by comparison to other sports. I have a lot to be thankful for and not a day goes by that I don’t pinch myself to remind myself what this sport has given me.

That being said, Life is a precious thing. I have seen many guys shelf it in return for a shot a greatness in a sport as Unforgiving as bodybuilding to be spit out and chewed up by a system of opinions that rarely change and judges that have lifetime tenure. Sadly, the state of our sport as it pertains to representation for athletes, is in the dark ages with no relief in site. I would offer a friendly reminder to all those interested in chasing ghosts in the form of a Sandow Trophy. Time has proven that there can be only “One” when it comes to winning and holding the coveted title. Since 1984, no man has out right won the Mr. Olympia title from the defending champion, leaving some of our precious jewels out in the cold with out proper recognition for their dedication to the game:

Gaspari, Labrada, Wheeler, Levrone, Nasser, Cutler and of course, I felt I had at least two slip through the cracks!

If bodybuilding is your passion, pour your heart and soul into it and you will find it has many rewards. However, don’t let Life slip by you in pursuit of a dream that many may never reach in the chase for Sandow! The best you can do is what your body and soul will allow you to do. Do not let a contest or judge ruin your love for the game that brings us all together in search of physical perfection.

Life is living!

To be shared and enjoyed within the context of our other commitments. Do not exclude your loved ones and those who support you, for they are the backbone of Life. They will get you through the hardest part of Life when you need them the most.

While a bodybuilding contest is a subjective collection of opinions, Life and Love are both forms of unconditional support for all of us to be the best we can be. If you cannot find your best while here on earth, there is always tomorrow. We will be judged again by the character we have within.

Not by Man, who can be cruel and unforgiving but by God who loves us all!

Life is good, live it and you can make a difference.

Strength and Honor, is all we have in this business, lose sight of one or the other and your already dead.

Peace,

Shawn Ray

I know you ain't starting shit Vander, I think your basically just saying that it's ok for her to have some fun, but the thing is SHE IS having fun. You're a big hearted dude Vander, no doubt about that.

Rea, I got your back. :D

Vander_V said:
I havent a clue do i.

i erased all my posts here and im gonna leave it at that.

you guys can see it how you wish and call me crazy for all i care .

never again will i try to speak my mind and tell you what i think ok so you wont have to worry about that REA lets just act like we dont care about each other and are simply just atheletes, ok great then peace.

bro your gettin heated over this. We KNOW you care about her or u wouldnt have taken the time to write all you did and say what you said. Poeple are just stating their minds here. Dont take offense. Its the diet gettin to you lol. I posted up the two articles on the subject, and i think they are very good reads, help put things into perspective. Everyone has their own views on things and different things are valued more than others. I do agree with a lot of what you said, just stated simply that she does ti cause she enjoys it and its how she wants to live her life. Im sure if she wasnt enjoyin it, sheda stopped by now. Nobody is argueing.... deep breaths. ... lol

REA said:
but honestly can you say that I have ever said or assumed comments and things in this sort of way to you ever?? nope.. but thats you ;) and thats fine with me

REA I know exactly what VANDER is trying to tell you. He means no harm! Ive seen your pic so I know you have to be fairly rigid in your workout-diet. You just dont see many girls looking like you without major dedication. Its drawing the line between dedication and obsession we all have struggled with. We are all obsessed to a point, just some more than others and thats why I started this thread.

Ask VANDER to quit training for 6 weeks and see if he can do it?? I'll bet he cant! One day he might have to quit training for some time due to an injury but right now it would be very difficult for him to take time off.

The older I got the more I realized that eating extremely strict put unwanted stress on everyone around me. I can remeber standing over my mother making sure she didnt put cream or butter into the mash potatoes. I drove that poor woamn crazy but I didnt see myself as being obsessed. Heck I wasnt even competing and was eating this rigid! lol

Well now I am married with an 8 year old. I have to do McDonalds... I also enjoy lifting much more because I dont take it so serious. I eat ice cream etc. I realized that much of the pressure I once put on myself was all wrong because I wasnt doing it for myself but inorder to impress others. Now its all about me but in a non selfish way. Simply put I could care less what others think of my body. I know I look better than most so thats plenty good for me! lol

Its all about moderation. This keeps us from getting burned out. Obviously we all go through different stages in our lives. I'm at the relaxed stage were I can actually enjoy bodybuilding. You and VANDER should go have a food fight at DAIRY QUEEN! lol :p

TP4U I aint mad at nobody your reading me wrong.

one last thing , as for SHawn Rays thread,,, well i knew at age 5 what he just found out after 14 yrs of BB and being over 35yrs old.

THE END.

I think testosterone is the most addictive drug a man can put in his body.. Oh wait didnt I already state this fact? :D :D :D

I DO HAVE THIS TO SAY THEN IM DONE .

theres 2 extremes the toogood and the bad .

the bad is when your partying everynight drunk on drugs smoking eating whatever you want , fast food everyday and barely getting any sleep.Lost without love and no freinds you care about.ECT

the toogood is when you follow your life as one big instruction sheet , eating strict ,not seeing the freinds you could have had or the goodtimes you passed up , its when your always training dieting living day by day for the gym and the shows never living life by the seat of its pants. not seeing life for what it is or what it has to offer. ECT

HERES MY SOLUTION ----- The middle , somewhere out of these two there is a median and that is what ive found , take a look at Gods vineyard drink his wine and eat his breads enjoy his fruits and mountains and skys and listen to the birds and the insects along with the sea and the wispering willows have you ever just starred at cloud or listen to a tree bend what beauty there is , hear the forrest speak, look deep into an animals eyes , open your heart to the wind and chance and find life and then you will find happyness and love , for what your doing on this earth is only a grain of sand in GODS Dessert. this whole world and life and body we love will be gone one day all that will remain is what impact we had in this life NOT through our own personal accomplishments but for the people we meant so much to the people we helped the children we tought and the poor we sheltered most of all the times we have shared with these souls here on earth and in life will be the only things that WILL ECHO IN THE HALLS OF ETERNITY.

Think about Deca19 he said he was going to become a pro no matter what it took. Deca19 now know what is truley important in life and his eyes have been reopened .

Ive seen things in this matter since the age of 5 and have been up and down in my lifetime, you think i dont know but the fact is i have a clue . I know what life can do and i know the value of time , i live to love and love to live and i do realize that one day ill be dust in the wind just like everything else but from having the ability to realize these things i have become a very powerful being in my own life powewrful meaning IVE FOUND TRUE LOVE AND HAPPYNESS. Do you think i would change anything ive done in my life well the answer is NO , i did everything for a reason and if i changed my life maybe i wouldnt be where iam today so enjoy lifes treasures and Gods gifts.

DEEP THOUGHTS BY VANDER LOL.

PEACE .

Last edited:
Great post Vander....

You and I have pretty much the same ideals on life. You see I believe in the middle ground as well. I like the fact you dont bullshit and you give honest opinions. Most people dont like that. I am the same way. Honesty is the best policy. Although some times that me be different but I do believe it.

Vander_V said:
I DO HAVE THIS TO SAY THEN IM DONE .

theres 2 extremes the toogood and the bad .

the bad is when your partying everynight drunk on drugs smoking eating whatever you want , fast food everyday and barely getting any sleep.Lost without love and no freinds you care about.ECT

the toogood is when you follow your life as one big instruction sheet , eating strict ,not seeing the freinds you could have had or the goodtimes you passed up , its when your always training dieting living day by day for the gym and the shows never living life by the seat of its pants. not seeing life for what it is or what it has to offer. ECT

HERES MY SOLUTION ----- The middle , somewhere out of these two there is a median and that is what ive found , take a look at Gods vineyard drink his wine and eat his breads enjoy his fruits and mountains and skys and listen to the birds and the insects along with the sea and the wispering willows have you ever just starred at cloud or listen to a tree bend what beauty there is , hear the forrest speak, look deep into an animals eyes , open your heart to the wind and chance and find life and then you will find happyness and love , for what your doing on this earth is only a grain of sand in GODS Dessert. this whole world and life and body we love will be gone one day all that will remain is what impact we had in this life NOT through our own personal accomplishments but for the people we meant so much to the people we helped the children we tought and the poor we sheltered most of all the times we have shared with these souls here on earth and in life will be the only things that WILL ECHO IN THE HALLS OF ETERNITY.

Think about Deca19 he said he was going to become a pro no matter what it took. Deca19 now know what is truley important in life and his eyes have been reopened .

Ive seen things in this matter since the age of 5 and have been up and down in my lifetime, you think i dont know but the fact is i have a clue . I know what life can do and i know the value of time , i live to love and love to live and i do realize that one day ill be dust in the wind just like everything else but from having the ability to realize these things i have become a very powerful being in my own life powewrful meaning IVE FOUND TRUE LOVE AND HAPPYNESS. Do you think i would change anything ive done in my life well the answer is NO , i did everything for a reason and if i changed my life maybe i wouldnt be where iam today so enjoy lifes treasures and Gods gifts.

DEEP THOUGHTS BY VANDER LOL.

PEACE .

Im think im gonna cry... lol. I didnt know bodybuilders could be this insightful. Sounds like u took this out of a book or a movie haha. Good shit. I also thought about it and realized, while we were sittin here hearin u2 go back n forth, u2 are the ones who really know each other in person and we here on the board really dont know the extremeties of it. I will agree with you that i love life, its great, even with its ups n downs. Im probably one of the happiest people youl meet. You are right that there needs to be a middleground between givin it ur all and havin fun. Its just... who is to decide for who what is fun u kno... like i said before i find goin to the gym unbelievably fun. Il blow off a party or a gathering of friends or goin out just to go to the gym in a split second and il have more fun and love every second of it. If she enjoys what she does so be it, im sure shel lighten up a little and be a little more lenient(sp) now that her show is over. I didnt know there was a lot to do over in AZ, all my life iv never been half way across the country so i was under the impression its mostly open area and desert lol. I hear its nice tho and the weather rocks. My area is straight up city, NJ/NY is packed haha. Tons of shit to do over here, not to mention i live right on the beach which also rocks! I forgot the subject and im just ramblin on now so il stop... lol

Well im gonna have to say im going with Vander, i agree that i love BB but there are other things in life that people miss out on, experiences, memories, friends, family,nights out, girlfriends, etc... When we get too wrapped up in things we miss out on the simple things in life. I want when i get older to look back and say that i did everything i wanted to in life. Whether its skydiving (which is awesome!!) or having a family. Now, i do pack and eat six meals a day, train 2 days on 1 off and use gear, but 9 months out of the year im the same as everyother 20 yr old. I go out with friends Wed, Fri, Sat night, i go to bars and parties. Hell im 20 this is my youth!! I go fishing, hunting, scuba diving and other activities too, if i happen to skip a meal because im enjoying this stuff, its ok with me ( but i usually bring it with me). So what im tryin to say is enjoy life how you want too, but dont let one thing be your whole life and dominate you.

Wow,Vander waxing poetic LOL.I'm impressed.You should write something like this at muscle mayhem and everyone would be on your side,especially the girls,haha.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131