Which weighted vest is better?

JCain

Registered
V-Max
**broken link removed**
Probably the 75 pound one.

X-Vest
**broken link removed**
W0QQitemZ250156568131QQihZ015QQcategoryZ28067QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

While searching some good sport/bodybuilding sites I found these two brands mentioned the most. The V-Max has more durable materials, though I doubt I would be able to beat up the X-vest that much. The X-vest seems like it may be more ergonomic/comfortable. What are your thoughts?

HEY BRO, LINKS ARE NOT WORKING FOR ME..:)

New links.

Thanks, here are working links.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

vests

In just looking at them the X Vest appears to have adjustments for the shoulders and chest where the other one appears to be just chest. Whichever you chose just make sure its snug because it sucks ass trying to run or workout with a loose weighted vest that bounces when you run, you are adding more impact to your high impact. Not to merntion it chafes like a m^%^& f(^(^$($! Good luck, let us know what works.

Last night I ordered the Xvest.

It seems to be more comfortable, as and you said more adjustable. I've heard a lot of guys say that the Xvest has better weight distribution and fits very well, and the weights are waterproof (no rusting). I'll let you guys know how it is.

On a side note I won't be running with it. I can't even run now without getting shin splints. I'm going to use it for walking to get the heart rate up, and some GPP stuff during workouts.

Thats good to know because its terrible for your joints adding weight while running. We have used them in MMA, adding them when you do bodyweight exercises and calisthenics. Its a bitch, let me tell you!!!! And do us all a favor, clean them!!!! We have "community vests", smells like a taiwanese whore house at closing time!

How is this working out for you? Im going to get one to help with my offseason....I think i am going to go with the V-Max for a few reasons.....

1 its heavier. 2 its adjustable with weight. I plan to use it for pullups, but i cant START with 84lbs, i suck at pullups, but i eventually want to improve and cant think of any other way to build a huge back without doing movements that can grow your waist too (il still do them, like T-Bars, or DLs, just last after i wore my back down with pullups and other heavy movements that dont require stabalization).

Also... who here LOVES pushups and feels them better than ANY other pressing movement possible? Just cannot go heavy enough? I just KNOW my chest will explode if i can do pushups with an extra 100lbs. My pushup weight is 150lbs (216 bodyweight), so that would make it 250! I can either do my workouts high rep with that, or do my heavy compounds, then finnish up with pushups! LOVE em, u can squeeze them to HELL, change elbow position as your moving for a PERFECT contraction exactly where you need it.

Also, lunges without holding DBs or a BB. Sissy squats the same. Call me a pussy on these, but if you want to maxamize EVERY single little inch of the movement, BB's require you hold your hands at shoulder level (ok for all u trainers who should ALL know this from training your clients) this elevates heart rate quick! Thatl take some of the wind out of you before you maxamize and tear your legs apart. With dumbells, well we know we gotta hold on, traps, shoulders, hands, etc.... so i can call you pussies too (if you call me one lol) because this would allow me to thrash my legs, i believe, a LOT further without hindrance from those factors. Kinda like straps are used so grip doesnt hinder your back workout! ADD: I also wonder if this vest would improve center of balance for squats and allow you to pound your legs HARDER with less stabilization required for balance?

I think this vest will be a GREAT addition to my arsenal (always wanted to use that word hehe :D )

Last edited:
How is this working out for you? Im going to get one to help with my offseason....I think i am going to go with the V-Max for a few reasons.....

1 its heavier. 2 its adjustable with weight. I plan to use it for pullups, but i cant START with 84lbs, i suck at pullups, but i eventually want to improve and cant think of any other way to build a huge back without doing movements that can grow your waist too (il still do them, like T-Bars, or DLs, just last after i wore my back down with pullups and other heavy movements that dont require stabalization).

Also... who here LOVES pushups and feels them better than ANY other pressing movement possible? Just cannot go heavy enough? I just KNOW my chest will explode if i can do pushups with an extra 100lbs. My pushup weight is 150lbs (216 bodyweight), so that would make it 250! I can either do my workouts high rep with that, or do my heavy compounds, then finnish up with pushups! LOVE em, u can squeeze them to HELL, change elbow position as your moving for a PERFECT contraction exactly where you need it.

Also, lunges without holding DBs or a BB. Sissy squats the same. Call me a pussy on these, but if you want to maxamize EVERY single little inch of the movement, BB's require you hold your hands at shoulder level (ok for all u trainers who should ALL know this from training your clients) this elevates heart rate quick! Thatl take some of the wind out of you before you maxamize and tear your legs apart. With dumbells, well we know we gotta hold on, traps, shoulders, hands, etc.... so i can call you pussies too (if you call me one lol) because this would allow me to thrash my legs, i believe, a LOT further without hindrance from those factors. Kinda like straps are used so grip doesnt hinder your back workout! ADD: I also wonder if this vest would improve center of balance for squats and allow you to pound your legs HARDER with less stabilization required for balance?

I think this vest will be a GREAT addition to my arsenal (always wanted to use that word hehe :D )

if pushups do you good, you should maybe get a set of power rings. do dips, pullups, and pushups and flys with no weight, and at first you'll see the MAJOR difference from floor and bar work. you'll love rings

I've been using the X-Vest for about 6 months now. It's good, I'm happy with my purchase. I'll start by mentioning the one bad thing: it sucks for hyperextensions - because the vest uses heavy elastic to bind the front and back together, when you're on the hyper, the front just hangs down.

The good: damn, everything else.

I use mine primarily for fast weighted hikes of under 60 minutes on pretty rugged terrain.

Sweating buckets - and I mean using this on days when it was 100 degrees with 90 % humidity - the vest has not taken on a funky odor, and I've never washed it. I've worn it in the rain, and it's fine then.

It's fully adjustable, and comfortable. If you spend a few minutes - the directions are good - fitting it to your body, it really never gets in the way. The only discomfort I've experienced is related to prior day activity. I'm training for strongman, and if I do heavy yoke walks/runs on Saturday, my shoulders get very uncomfortable on Sunday's hike. But that's more of an overuse problem, never happens any other time.

I bought the 84lb model, and am up to 74lbs. The weight can be adjusted in small increments, which is great.

It will not, IMO, make you more stable. It definitely takes a lot of core strength to wear one of these - it's done wonders for me in that regard.

I think they're a great addition to the training toolbox.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131