over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why pre workout stimulants?

I think its a waste... Training alone causes a huge growth hormone spike, however arginine also does this. So, when you take arginine before your workout your causing a GH spike and then you workout but theres a negative feedback on it and your GH wont spike as high as it should/if at all.

caffeine is the only ingredient really shown to help.(and creatine of course)

I use Acetylcarnitine, about 2 grams one hour prior. Also, about 5 grams Taurine. These two seem to really light up the nervous system but when it's time to relax I'm able to. Caffeine sucks because it makes it impossible to relax after the workout when I need to in order to recover quickly.

Last edited:
Nitro NCG That stuff works great!!! 45 servings, small can, only 8 or so ingredients. I take it with 10 grams B.C.A.A.s before a workout and it absolutely lights me up. Be forewarned tho, if you try it, you will probably get the most intense Niacin flush you've ever experienced.

jacked3d or pop a couple Jet fuels or a redline, done. Try a few different ones.

Caffiene Pills!

The science has shown that caffiene before nearly ANY athletics or exercise increases your maximum performance. Plus it's cheap.. 100 pills (200 mgs) for $5.. no more expensive $50 overhyped pre workout powders and shakes!

The only supp I liked pre workout was white flood. It tasted like vomit (and nearly made me more than once swallowing it) but I did get the most intense workouts ever with it.. still not worth cash compared to caffiene pills. ;)

Ive had a long weekend at work and i needed to hit leg day. after my little layoff i jumped right back into DC training. Anyway, to make a long story short i worked 14 hrs yesterday and was really beat. So when i get to the gym i was looking for a little boost and just grabbed this pre workout energy drink form behind the counter. I think it was turbo tea or something rush....goddamn that made me feel like crap. other than giving me the shakes, and indigestion, i ended up puking while i was warming up for SLDL, and again after my widowmaker on hack squats. i didnt feel like i got any boost in energy only a boost in nausia. still exhausted during my workout and even more so afterwords. what do you guys use in those situations? Was it the shitty product i chose? maybe i just dont do well with stimulants.

I found I do better on milder pre workout products,,,sometimes I only use a simple 20 oz. cup of super strong coffee. You may be sensitive to a particular product.

I like a Yohimbe and at least 200mgs of caffeine pills myself. It gives my a wake up and makes me sweat more. Alot of the drinks make my stomach and alot of others turn while working out.

I found I am stronger without having too much extra caffeine. Some days my Pre-workout supp hits me nicely and I am focused and pumped.

pre workout

Change clothes, drink water, drive to gym, lift. Its all in your head, brothers. Just do your best...leave your adrenals alone. The massive weight you slide under should get your adrenalin pumping hard enough.

AGREED

Change clothes, drink water, drive to gym, lift. Its all in your head, brothers. Just do your best...leave your adrenals alone. The massive weight you slide under should get your adrenalin pumping hard enough.

thats all i have ever done. -JS

There it is. lol.. it may have been missed in my first post but i dont use stimulants on a regular basis. its verry verry rare that im just that tired that i need a little kick in the ass. They dont agree with me at all. i dont even do morning coffee...lol. this was more of a holy shitballs that made me feel like crap and i dont know how you guys do it kind of thing.

To the OP. Try some cold brew coffee. Its very low acid makes it easy to drink and its a concreted hence has a good kick. Perhaps a shot of helios too.

GNC has this new stuff called "gun powder" it work's realy well....well except for the fact it give's me really bad diareah like a freekin grey hound before a race! i guess thats why on the label it sez to take an hour before gym,because 1/2 hour after, you shitt your brains out!!!and try not to fart at the gym:)

14hrs ha! Try working 24hrs and going to the gym right after and train legs!! Muscle Marinade does the trick for me.

Muscle Marinade

14hrs ha! Try working 24hrs and going to the gym right after and train legs!! Muscle Marinade does the trick for me.

That's a very good product, I like it a lot.

I found I do better on milder pre workout products,,,sometimes I only use a simple 20 oz. cup of super strong coffee. You may be sensitive to a particular product.

That's exactly what I use and it works great.

I'm looking into a product called FRS. It contains a very pure form of quercetin (aprox 650mg/serv). The quercetin is said to increase size and number of mitochorndia.

Quercetin increases brain and muscle mitochondrial... [Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009] - PubMed result

The second link is from the FRS.

**broken link removed**

Be well.............nf

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views