advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

womens bodybuidling.. has it gone too far?

gooey

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I was just reading the muscle mayhem thread for "nail in the coffin" thread. I am all for womens bodybuilding but I do think it is unfair, women get judged two ways while most male competitors are judged one way. I believe we can all agree that bodybuilding is a "taboo" activity (I use sport passively). It just seems unfair where people will agree with a 296 human being, dry and dieted down onstage is ok, but a women who goes through some androgenic changes and presents a physique of a bodybuilder on stage is too much. I dont know were this line is again, why is that ok and not ok for a women. Both sides have good arguments. I just cannot understand why we allow some but not all, we open the door for freaks in the male gender but shun the females. Yes of course from a male perspective I am not attracted to many of our pro female bodybuilders today for a "partner" but that is not what they should be judged by. It is a contest for the best BODYBUILDER not the best looking female to take home to do the hibbity dibbity. Some say marketing reasons, I agree most women do not want to look like that. But then u can say do most men want to look like ronnie coleman? If we can accept some things. why not all, if we do not accept then lets not accept any! Lets be fair to both sides and find a common line and stick to it. If todays bodybuilding is too much for people to handle then lets make it fair to both genders. Lets just make sure the best BODYBUILDER wins. :)
gooey

I agree, within the parameters of a bbing competition. However, female bodybuilders are basically going through a hormonal sex change. Powerful traits are attributed to men, being strong, large, etc. These are not the traits associated with women in our society. People may not want to look like Ronnie Coleman, but they can respect his physique and be in awe. Whereas with women, when they see the physical changes they go through due to the drug regime necessary to compete at that level, it can be more of a freak show than a 296lb ball of lean body mass. There is a difference between being a muscular woman, and being a man beast with long ratty hair and a swollen clit.

jawbreakerkid said:
I agree, within the parameters of a bbing competition. However, female bodybuilders are basically going through a hormonal sex change. Powerful traits are attributed to men, being strong, large, etc. These are not the traits associated with women in our society. People may not want to look like Ronnie Coleman, but they can respect his physique and be in awe. Whereas with women, when they see the physical changes they go through due to the drug regime necessary to compete at that level, it can be more of a freak show than a 296lb ball of lean body mass. There is a difference between being a muscular woman, and being a man beast with long ratty hair and a swollen clit.

Agreed.

Female bodybuilders do what they want to do, they
don't go shopping and eat burgers all day like other women , they
train as intense as we.
They live the lifestyle 100% so I respect that.

TooPowerful4u said:

But what about being a Man beast that's going bald, acne filled with the testicles of a 5 year old boy and the start of an ugly pair of tits? There are down sides for both. Both are outrageous and freakish but it's why we like it.

Men

A huge freak man looks like.......a man

A huge freak woman looks like.........a man

Regardless of the health conditions, I think the boundries are looks as freaky and great within your gender.

most people couldn't recognize gyno if they saw it, but they can recognize a woman with bad skin, a square jaw, ratty hair, and a deep voice.

but once again.....

haze324 said:
A huge freak man looks like.......a man

A huge freak woman looks like.........a man

Regardless of the health conditions, I think the boundries are looks as freaky and great within your gender.

r we judging them as a person or a bodybuilder. Shoulders down women still have an amazing Bodybuidling physique. R we judging there face, is that whats being judged. or is it because they have muscle and we as a society are unable to accept that women can also have that. Yes they have androgenic changes, but so do some men. Many neandrathal appearances. but we do not judge that as harshly. We have many metrosexual men walking around, hell we even have shows that promote metorsexuals, yet men can act and emulate feminine acts but women cannot do the same.

Im not arguing anyones point directly so no offense just giving ideas to think about thanx
gooey

Well, I make fun of metrosexuals AND female bodybuilders. I'm an equal oppurtunity discriminator.

Really though, when I see an adrogenous creature of either gender, I shudder. I can't stand feminine men, or masculine women. I don't think that most sane people can.

There's also the subconsious thought process that makes us feel that any woman who would want to look like that must have some unresolved issues that culminate in the desire to make herself something very unnatural. I suppose you could say the same about men, but the truth is, it just ISN'T the same.

In short, gender bending by either party is considered unnatural and disguisting in the eyes of a "normal" person. For a liberal though, suppose it's all wonderful and fine because life is about tolerance and acceptance and rainbows and butterflies.

gooey said:
r we judging them as a person or a bodybuilder. Shoulders down women still have an amazing Bodybuidling physique. R we judging there face, is that whats being judged. or is it because they have muscle and we as a society are unable to accept that women can also have that. Yes they have androgenic changes, but so do some men. Many neandrathal appearances. but we do not judge that as harshly. We have many metrosexual men walking around, hell we even have shows that promote metorsexuals, yet men can act and emulate feminine acts but women cannot do the same.

Im not arguing anyones point directly so no offense just giving ideas to think about thanx

I think it's unfair how women are judged also. Anyone who dedicates
themselves to the degree it takes to win a national or professional
show deserves a fair judging standard. I remember when judges
could not make up their minds in the 90's and a lot of great
women competitors didn't know how to prepare for shows. I don't
really care about the feminity issue. There are other shows for
women "who want to look like women". If bodybuilding has become
a freakshow then it should be a equal opportunity freakshow. :)

billbomb said:
I think it's unfair how women are judged also. Anyone who dedicates
themselves to the degree it takes to win a national or professional
show deserves a fair judging standard. I remember when judges
could not make up their minds in the 90's and a lot of great
women competitors didn't know how to prepare for shows. I don't
really care about the feminity issue. There are other shows for
women "who want to look like women". If bodybuilding has become
a freakshow then it should be a equal opportunity freakshow. :)

So how do you feel about drag queens who truly dedicate themselves to becoming the best drag queen and give everything they've got to being "America's Finest Diva"? These people really do work hard and go through a shitload of work to make themselves into beautiful "women". I see no difference in drag queens trying to be beautiful women and female bodybuilders who go to extremes and end up looking like men. Either way, it's just nasty.

Give me the good old days when Rachael Mclish was bodybuilding...i respect the efforts of todays women inBB but just like the guys it is overkill...when it appears we are watching sex changes on stage i gotta walk guys....

2 sides to the coin. Like BigA said a ton of respect goes to a hard training/dieting individual regardless. But is it appealing? Mens BBing takes mans potential to its freakiest limit. Womens BBing is not being an ultimate woman-its changing the individual to include male characteristics.
The reason the sport is in the toilet is just that-its not appealing even to most BBing fans. Yes I give the women all the respect in the world, its their god given body to do what they wish to. But that doesnt mean others have to or will like appearance of the end result.

Personally I prefer a woman with a combination of strength and beauty to a playboy type woman.

MikeS said:
2 sides to the coin. Like BigA said a ton of respect goes to a hard training/dieting individual regardless. But is it appealing? Mens BBing takes mans potential to its freakiest limit. Womens BBing is not being an ultimate woman-its changing the individual to include male characteristics.
The reason the sport is in the toilet is just that-its not appealing even to most BBing fans. Yes I give the women all the respect in the world, its their god given body to do what they wish to. But that doesnt mean others have to or will like appearance of the end result.

Personally I prefer a woman with a combination of strength and beauty to a playboy type woman.

So what exactly would be taking a women's potential to their ultimate limit be? If women's bbing is in the toilet then how come the Jr Nats, Jr USA's and Nationals have more women bodybuilders every year? No one in the IFBB pushes the women bodybuilders. They basically do what they can to hold it down. That's why even Flex magazine took out the Flexin Femme section of their mag. This whole argument is dumb. You are right though people don't have to like it but for the people that keep saying that they are trying to look like men, become men or are just nasty looking that isn't right. Realize that these women have feelings and I would feel sorry for them when they come to these types of boards to gain knowledge on how to become better and they end up reading that crap.

hmmmm

MikeS said:

so are we saying that bodybuilding is a "masculine" activity. Women regardless of drugs can have masculinizing effects that are not atributed normally to women exmp: lower body fat, revealed jaw line, muscle mass, striations, muscular lines, etc. Ive seen women who do not use AAS and they too have these effects, obviously not to the same degree as women who use drugs but it does change them to a different level. Once again are we as males judging women as a bodybuilder/athlete or a women we want to look at and be sexually attracted to. LIke i have already stated women are getting judged 2 ways. We do not judge men on muscle and beauty, we judge them the way bodybuilding is and should be judged (for the most part). I dont think most heterosexual men who are judging ( i am assuming sorry) are going to say I prefer a athletic man opposed to a playgirl model for a bodybuilding competiton. Male judges need to seperate physical/sexual attraction and judge women as a person or better yet a bodybuilder.
gooey :)

As a female bb I get commetns from typical people alot. Just the word female bb has a negtive overtone.. all the same comment about pro looking like dudes..
what makes us hardcores differnt is that we all know muscle is sexy, and of course hard work. That point being said(about us being differnt from typical people) we need to unconditional support women bb... we may feel that in some cases they are too freaky, but it doesnt matter. It is an all or nothing approach to the sport. These women work too hard, and take a lot of risk to win (the lowest amt of prize $$)

I think that being attractive helps. (I actually think it helped me a few times)... So is it fair??

Another thing, I do not think that most female bb wake up and think I want to look like a dude. Bad drug advice, pressure from trainers and lack of consistancy with judging play a huge role what has come of bb..

Squat Ass

natural female bodybuilders

true natural female bbers look good, healthy, toned, muscular
not natural female bbers look like circus sideshows
why is this difficult to understand?

When I say extreme women BBers have male characteristics-I mean those who use AS. And its their right IMO, but obviously its turning them into men with male characteristics. This is really not my opinion-only my last statement on my preferences was. Its just the way its viewed by most. And the reason I say its in the toilet, I remember they have been on the verge of cancelling the Ms Olympia because they cant sell tickets, several times. Just because few more people are competing doesnt mean it has appeal to the public. And that doesnt mean I dont like it-I do enjoy seeing the women BBing shows. I just prefer the Fitness look; or a female BBer who still appears feminine-and everyone may have a differing opinion on whats 'feminine'.

MikeS said:
When I say extreme women BBers have male characteristics-I mean those who use AS. And its their right IMO, but obviously its turning them into men with male characteristics. This is really not my opinion-only my last statement on my preferences was. Its just the way its viewed by most. And the reason I say its in the toilet, I remember they have been on the verge of cancelling the Ms Olympia because they cant sell tickets, several times. Just because few more people are competing doesnt mean it has appeal to the public. And that doesnt mean I dont like it-I do enjoy seeing the women BBing shows. I just prefer the Fitness look; or a female BBer who still appears feminine-and everyone may have a differing opinion on whats 'feminine'.

Im gonna go ahead and agree again. I have nothing against female BBs, in their offseason shape they look pretty good and its great to have a women in shape. Only problem i have is she has to stay feminine. Whats the point of doing WOMENS bodybuilding if your gonna look and sound like a man?

Well obviously the voice will stay that way. I know alot of women with deep voices that never took a thing so I don't see why that is a big deal. Most of the complaints and critisism seems to be about women bodybuilders in their dieted state. Who cares? They aren't like that year round. Hell most of the men's faces look horrible dieted down. So who cares what they look like a few weeks out of the year. I like my girls face better with a little meat on it but I understand that she has to diet down and get lean for a show. People just need to keep shit to themselves when they have something offensive to say about someone.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131