over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working around an injury :

Turbomaster

Registered
Two weeks ago I had distal bicep tendon repair surgery ( lower tendon by elbow re-attatched to the forearm bone ) The first 6 weeks are critical to healing , and it will be 6 months before I can do Light curls with it . I'm ready to hit the gymn again (without re - injuring it )

Here's what I'm thinking :
Monday : legs - squats , leg press , seated leg extensions
Tuesday :Abs/cardio : hanging leg raises , crunches , 1 hour eliptical
Wednesday : Chest: Incline pec deck (that's the only thing I can think of for chest that doesn't use arms too much.
Thursday : Calves / hamstrings . Lying leg curls , donkey calf raises , standing , and seated calf raises .
Sat : Some type of back machine / serratus machine pullovers ??

Any other ideas ? Thanks !

Two weeks ago I had distal bicep tendon repair surgery ( lower tendon by elbow re-attatched to the forearm bone ) The first 6 weeks are critical to healing , and it will be 6 months before I can do Light curls with it . I'm ready to hit the gymn again (without re - injuring it )

Here's what I'm thinking :
Monday : legs - squats , leg press , seated leg extensions
Tuesday :Abs/cardio : hanging leg raises , crunches , 1 hour eliptical
Wednesday : Chest: Incline pec deck (that's the only thing I can think of for chest that doesn't use arms too much.
Thursday : Calves / hamstrings . Lying leg curls , donkey calf raises , standing , and seated calf raises .
Sat : Some type of back machine / serratus machine pullovers ??

Any other ideas ? Thanks !

This is just just my opinion but I would just stick with cardio (maybe some abs) and make damn sure that your injury heals up right. Most exercises are going put stress on biceps in one way or another.

To be honest I would say to just do cardio, I would not do anything at all and let your body heal. YOu will come back stronger then if you push it. In fact you mention hanging leg raise, those place a lot of stress on biceps, Chest would be out of the question, any chect excersise will use your bicep due to the fact it helps in any pushing movement. Bottom line is I would do active recovery such as ride bike, run, stair stepper etc. Just take it easy as if you hurt it again you will be sorry

Thanks for the opinions guys . I might should have mentioned that my doctor encouraged me to get back in to the gymn , and specifically ok'd the leg and ab work and incline pec deck.

seems very odd he would tell you that but I would not take that advice but to each thier own. Good luck in recovery, eat lots of protien to help it heal and I would also use Arnica gel to help with swelling and bruising

The above advice is solid, conservative and prudent, however this is my take. After my rotator tear (plates, screws, whole nine yards) I went to a University weight room filled with Hammer Strength. I never use Hammer equipment, simply because it was never available, but continued train the entire left side of my body and legs as much as possible.

There is an old study done on powerlifters where they continued to train the uninjured side of the body. The theory being, the brain continues to send neurological signals from the brain to the motor units on both sides of the body, as it has been conditioned to over years of training. By continuing to train one side, the brain still sends out the neuro signals as usual, and when you are able to train both sides, the rehab is much faster.

Does anyone remember the Atlanta Flacons (Anderson) and Denver Broncos running backs that brought this to light after their surgeries? They had this little competition to see who would make it back faster, post surgery. They had an entire special on ESPN about the theory and their respective progress. I have no idea how it worked for me, but I can tell you the PT's were absolutely amazed at how fast my range of motion and strength returned. This is obviously uncontrolled, but I do feel it helped my rehab and my mindset post surgery. They gave me one week to get the humerus to 90 degrees...I had had it at 90 degrees, consistantly within two and a half days.

I simply think it helps to continue to train, at whatever level you are comfortable with and with permission from your surgeon and PTs. Without say.

Good luck in your rehab! There is a guy in my gym now with the same injury and he is going slow, but it is coming back quickly. Enjoy the break, heal properly within your limits and it will all return in good time.

seems very odd he would tell you that but I would not take that advice but to each thier own. Good luck in recovery, eat lots of protien to help it heal and I would also use Arnica gel to help with swelling and bruising

Thanks , the swelling is gone now (as of 3 days ago ) .Never was any bruising .Doc was amazed at how fast I healed as he was taking the staples out this morning .

Last edited:
Take a Break

When I had my surgery I took 2months off. i did not worry about anything diet etc. Just take the time to heal..............

The above advice is solid, conservative and prudent, however this is my take. After my rotator tear (plates, screws, whole nine yards) I went to a University weight room filled with Hammer Strength. I never use Hammer equipment, simply because it was never available, but continued train the entire left side of my body and legs as much as possible.

There is an old study done on powerlifters where they continued to train the uninjured side of the body. The theory being, the brain continues to send neurological signals from the brain to the motor units on both sides of the body, as it has been conditioned to over years of training. By continuing to train one side, the brain still sends out the neuro signals as usual, and when you are able to train both sides, the rehab is much faster.

Does anyone remember the Atlanta Flacons (Anderson) and Denver Broncos running backs that brought this to light after their surgeries? They had this little competition to see who would make it back faster, post surgery. They had an entire special on ESPN about the theory and their respective progress. I have no idea how it worked for me, but I can tell you the PT's were absolutely amazed at how fast my range of motion and strength returned. This is obviously uncontrolled, but I do feel it helped my rehab and my mindset post surgery. They gave me one week to get the humerus to 90 degrees...I had had it at 90 degrees, consistantly within two and a half days.

I simply think it helps to continue to train, at whatever level you are comfortable with and with permission from your surgeon and PTs. Without say.

Good luck in your rehab! There is a guy in my gym now with the same injury and he is going slow, but it is coming back quickly. Enjoy the break, heal properly within your limits and it will all return in good time.

This is kinda what I was thinking.

This is just just my opinion but I would just stick with cardio (maybe some abs) and make damn sure that your injury heals up right. Most exercises are going put stress on biceps in one way or another.

not bad advice at all. actually probably the smart, right thing to do.

Well , I went tonight . Decided to play it safe and only do exercises that allowed me to keep my arm in a sling .

Squats : 1 armed on the smith machine 6 sets
2 sets of 25 on the leg press , unslinged my arm only to release the lever
2 sets of seated leg extensions
2 sets of lying leg curls

I'm amazed at how much strength and stamina I've lost in the 4 weeks since I injured the arm.:(

Well , I went tonight . Decided to play it safe and only do exercises that allowed me to keep my arm in a sling .

Squats : 1 armed on the smith machine 6 sets
2 sets of 25 on the leg press , unslinged my arm only to release the lever
2 sets of seated leg extensions
2 sets of lying leg curls

I'm amazed at how much strength and stamina I've lost in the 4 weeks since I injured the arm.:(

Give yourself time to heal Turbomaster, I know with your good attitude, you will be back, bigger and better than ever.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws