over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

worst workout ever...

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
i have had bad workouts like every one else.. but even my bad workouts i could use decent weight.. but tonight was a first.. i was looking forward to the workout.. started warming up.. but i noticed that the warmups felt heavier than normal.. i mean a ton.. never had that before.. so i plug on.. i get to my first work set and notice that the weight that i normally do for 10-12 was feeling very heavy at 4 and 5.. really odd.. i stopped the set.. regrouped for a few minute and tried again.. no go.. might as well been a yugo.. so i stopped completely.. really odd and really pissed me off lol.. :D oh well.. just venting..;)

I feel your pain. A real mind fuck huh?

Ive had these days. Its aweful b/c once your in the mindset your gonna be weak your really gonna be weak. But nothing is worse than when you get a mild injury on your first warm up set. That really sucks. LIke you do a hacksquat with no weight and feel your knee kink and your like FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing happened to me today when I worked my back....the workout was good in the sense that I know I stimulated my back but my power was low, not cool!

Those days will come man..Maybe you are getting sick, hopefully not though...Maybe take a couple days off and relax, and I will bet that you will be back better than ever...

It's a weird feeling to have days like that...Good luck man

Dmoore30

:D

Attachments

• ageing.jpg
    ageing.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 448
The difference between athletics and Culinary

This is the difference between athletics and Culinary. Nolan Ryan didn't pitch a "No Hitter" everytime but Emeril's "Cajun Gumbo" comes out just right everytime.

My strength varies but my Grilled Cheese Sandwiches taste the same everytime.:)

HA HA !

Pretty funny Moen ! Hey Lats that shit happens to us all from time to time man, sometimes I go to the gym all psyched up and think I am gonna have a great workout and I am weak and just can't get in the groove for some reason, and other days I am tired and have to drag my ass to the gym and once warmed up I am strong and have a great workout, doesn't make sense sometimes but that's life and so I always go even if I don't feel like it.

Training is a weird thing..I've had days like that also...The real kicker is I've had days where I felt like shit and thought this isn't going to be a good day and I feel weak and ended up stronger then normal.Go figure

Training is a weird thing..I've had days like that also...The real kicker is I've had days where I felt like shit and thought this isn't going to be a good day and I feel weak and ended up stronger then normal.Go figure

Me too. I walk in the gym thinking, I'll just do a little something out of guilt, then bang, it all comes together out of the blue and it was a great one with strong lifts.

oh yeah. it does mess with your mind lol.. in over 25 years of lifting i have had bad workouts.. that is a given.. but feeling that weak was weird as hell.. will try again weds.. if the same thing happens, i am quitting and starting my new hobby.. building doll houses..:eek:

When this happens to me i usually cut my workout short and get more rest. What bothers me more is when my appettite supresses and i can't eat as much as i usually do. I'd rather miss a week out on the gym rather than missing 2 days of insufficient diet. Get some rest bro, sure you'll be fine in a few days.

gravity

i like to think it's not that you are weaker but rather somedays gravity is stronger than other days....

i had that happen to me too. when i was younger, it would fuck me up so bad id be depressed for 2 days and quit lifting, cuz i was a big baby.

.. i was looking forward to the workout..

This is the most frustrating part for me...there are times when i am so anxious to get into the gym and train and have a lousy workout...

We've all had 'em, that's for sure. God, I hate that!

So what do you more informed among us do? (me = less informed)

I used to just say, "Fu@k it" and push whatever weight I could manage to failure...but maybe that's the wrong attitude. (maybe we are already tired and just overtraining even worse by staying?)

So, stay and push, or go home and rest?

some days are good, some aint ... next workout will be better for sure dont worry LATS :cool:

oh yeah. if the same thing happens, i am quitting and starting my new hobby.. building doll houses..:eek:
LOL I was thinking the samething but taking up peanut butter cookie baking, eating as many as I can everyday and getting fat.

OK

LOL I was thinking the samething but taking up peanut butter cookie baking, eating as many as I can everyday and getting fat.

You bake the cookies T.O.M. and i'll bring the chocolate milk!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws